You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
contag10n

Lunar New Year Anshan Mission Question

14 comments in this topic

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
617 posts
12,522 battles

I didn't see it in the news post, if we already have the Anshan in port will we receive Dubloons, credits, or nuttin for completing the mission.

Anyone know or can point me to the communication that gives the answer?

[SALVO]
Members
7,046 posts
5,529 battles
3 minutes ago, contag10n said:

I didn't see it in the news post, if we already have the Anshan in port will we receive Dubloons, credits, or nuttin for completing the mission.

Credits. Several guys have already finished it and can confirm you get credits.

• Cool 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
617 posts
12,522 battles

Thanks man. What I expected, but I was worried about just getting the captain and port slot. Don't really need either.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
43 minutes ago, contag10n said:

38 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

5.5 Million ... although I still never found the source.

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
1,989 posts
23,706 battles

I don't need any of that but hope the containers have something of use to make it worth while. The JTTW containers have been lame so far! They knew they would take a hit for not giving doubloons and decided not to mention even getting credits. WG is really sounding like a bunch of hungry chicks, cheap cheap, cheap cheap, cheap cheap, cheap cheap cheap!

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
969 battles
4 minutes ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

I don't need any of that but hope the containers have something of use to make it worth while. The JTTW containers have been lame so far! They knew they would take a hit for not giving doubloons and decided not to mention even getting credits. WG is really sounding like a bunch of hungry chicks, cheap cheap, cheap cheap, cheap cheap, cheap cheap cheap!

Ask the guy who bought 8 and got 2 premiums.

[TSF]
Members
418 posts
14,283 battles

If you already have the Anshan, you get 5.5 million credits, not doubloons, for completing the Journey to the West campaign.

I did the grind assuming I would be compensated in doubloons for already having Anshan, as has been the case in the past with similar events. Look at the recent Hizen dockyard event. If you already had Yahagi, you were compensated with 4000 doubloons when you completed that part of the grind. 

WGing may have mentioned that the Anshan compensation would be credits, instead of doubloons, but if they did, I didn't see it. I specifically read, and reread the Journey to the West announcement several times, looking for any change in compensation, and did not see anything.  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-0100/

WG being WG.

Edited by Litigo_1970

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
19 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

I specifically read, and reread the Journey to the West announcement several times, looking for any change in compensation, and did not see anything.  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-0100/

You were looking in the wrong place.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0100-commander-skills-update/ 

Relevant portion:

image.thumb.png.059f18719698c05d6b00f161c992a97c.png

The reason they gave credits instead of dubs is because Anshan is a coal ship in the Armory, and they didn't want to give a back-door for people to be able to exchange coal for doubloons. 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
1 hour ago, Dah_Bears268 said:

The JTTW containers have been lame so far!

The premium ones, or the free ones? The first free one I opened gave me the Wujing.

[TSF]
Members
418 posts
14,283 battles
39 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ah. Of course, to get information on the Journey to the West Campaign, I should have been looking in the Commander Skills Update!

That makes sense.

I appreciate you directing me to that. I figured WG must have made some mention of it somewhere, but I was unable to find it, even when specifically looking for it. 

You make an interesting point about Anshan being available for coal. I hadn't even thought about that. 

Still, when WG is going to make a change to the way compensation has been handled in the past, it would be nice if they would be a bit more conspicuous about it. 

• Cool 2

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,539 posts
22,332 battles
3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Done it, credits

[AZUR1]
Members
193 posts
4,561 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-0100-commander-skills-update/ 

Relevant portion:

The reason they gave credits instead of dubs is because Anshan is a coal ship in the Armory, and they didn't want to give a back-door for people to be able to exchange coal for doubloons. 

They can always choose to compensate coal for coal ship buyer; and doub for doub ship buyer, instead of this **** credits

Edited by Lancelot0001

[WOLFG]
Members
11,810 posts
10,962 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Relevant portion:

Looks at my 430,000 coal.

image.jpeg.0697ed145ca5eeab039ef9b082ed6ebb.jpeg

[ARGSY]
Members
23,407 posts
17,347 battles
1 hour ago, Litigo_1970 said:

I should have been looking in the Commander Skills Update!

That's because it was also the release notes for the patch.

1 hour ago, Litigo_1970 said:

it would be nice if they would be a bit more conspicuous about it. 

How large do you need the print to be? Just asking.

46 minutes ago, Lancelot0001 said:

They can always choose to compensate coal for coal ship buyer; and doub for doub ship buyer, instead of this **** credits

My sympathy for your argument diminished when you got abusive.

I paid IRL money for my Anshan, but since I understand very well WHY they didn't make the compensation in doubloons, I'm not going to be sour about it. If she weren't a coal ship and the reward were credits, then yeah, I'd be inclined to think they were being a bit on the stingy side.

But once she's in port, I'm not sure it's possible for the system to track how you bought her, in which case the like-for-like compensation you want would also not be possible.

• Meh 1