You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Pan-American (Brazilian) destroyer Juruá is now in the Premium Shop.

27 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,286 posts
17,234 battles

For a few dollars more (quite a few dollars more, actually), you can even make her look like a tropical island that mated with an anaconda!

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/16531/ 

On a more objective note, she seems to be a Pan-American Gallant clone, right down to the single-fire torps. And with captain skills being what they are now, if you already have a Nueve de Julio you can drop her captain right into the Juruá and spec him accordingly.

• Cool 5

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,532 posts
22,251 battles

Thanks for the heads up, maybe a nice addition to the panamerican line.

My 9 captain will be happy to sail another ship.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,746 posts

Hmm, I don't have any ships for the nation and $21 is a pretty cheap ticket to entry.  Gallant isn't a bad ship....plus another 3X XP for T6 OPs.....

I am not paying for the special camo but there is nothing wrong with the standard one. Darn it WG, stop making decent deals.

[A-D-F]
8,746 posts
13 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Watched a few streamers play this yesterday ... 

hotdog.gif

You can think of it this way.  The real value is the fact that it's a T6 with 3X XP for 30 days.  3X XP, means 3X FXP....  That's the real golden ticket.

I bought the Mysore for around the same price and so far I have used it in operations mode only, to wring 400K FXP out of and I still have 14 days of it left.  At my current rate, I will have turned that $20ish into 800,000 FXP, in about 30 days.  In the end, that IS and heck of a good deal, if you look at how much just straight up buying nearly a million FXP would cost.

I basically will have turned $20, into a T9-10, 1M FXP premium ship, give or take.

The value here is not the ship.  It's not about the ship, at all. The ship is just a bonus that you get to keep.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You can think of it this way.  The real value is the fact that it's a T6 with 3X XP for 3 days.  3X XP, means 3X FXP....  That's the real golden ticket. ....

Thanks for that different perspective, Burnsy.  You're right in that I've never looked at it in that light ... interesting.

[A-D-F]
8,746 posts
4 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Thanks for that different perspective, Burnsy.  You're right in that I've never looked at it in that light ... interesting.

No problem at all.

On a side note, interestingly, according to the patch notes this morning between the dates of Feb 12th-15th, we are going to have a 200% xp win bonus on all ships.  So for a few days there of your 30 days, you should have one operation per day that will be worth like 6X the normal amount of FXP.   Get your clan mates to run your first run of the day with you so no derp, stack on those flags and crank it up to 11!:Smile_teethhappy:

[MHG]
Members
385 posts
21,613 battles
19 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You can think of it this way.  The real value is the fact that it's a T6 with 3X XP for 30 days.  3X XP, means 3X FXP....  That's the real golden ticket.

I bought the Mysore for around the same price and so far I have used it in operations mode only, to wring 400K FXP out of and I still have 14 days of it left.  At my current rate, I will have turned that $20ish into 800,000 FXP, in about 30 days.  In the end, that IS and heck of a good deal, if you look at how much just straight up buying nearly a million FXP would cost.

I basically will have turned $20, into a T9-10, 1M FXP premium ship, give or take.

The value here is not the ship.  It's not about the ship, at all. The ship is just a bonus that you get to keep.

I usually grab onto any T7 and higher tier ship for this reason. What I also was wondering is which camo/signals you are using to rack up so much of the FXP. If it's all the top of the line stuff (Spring Sky/Mosaic/Draconic Signals) then that will cost additional unless one has a bunch hoarded already. x2 XP is still not a bad deal though even if used with just regular old +100% XP camo and the more ubiquitous ESCL (+50% XP) and Papa Papa (+300% FXP) signals. Just that 800k FXP seems like a lot. Also on another note, the bonus is additional 2x XP after the Premium time (+65%) is added to the BXP. During the +200% Weekend it adds another+200% which are additive not multiplied for a total of +400% XP OR 5 times the XP (not 6). I know, just a minor thing but thought I'd let you know. 

[A-D-F]
8,746 posts
12 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

I usually grab onto any T7 and higher tier ship for this reason. What I also was wondering is which camo/signals you are using to rack up so much of the FXP. If it's all the top of the line stuff (Spring Sky/Mosaic/Draconic Signals) then that will cost additional unless one has a bunch hoarded already. x2 XP is still not a bad deal though even if used with just regular old +100% XP camo and the more ubiquitous ESCL (+50% XP) and Papa Papa (+300% FXP) signals. Just that 800k FXP seems like a lot. Also on another note, the bonus is additional 2x XP after the Premium time (+65%) is added to the BXP. During the +200% Weekend it adds another+200% which are additive not multiplied for a total of +400% XP OR 5 times the XP (not 6). I know, just a minor thing but thought I'd let you know. 

Thanks!

No super special camos or anything.  Just any one time use camos I have that will boost it. I will use "special" flags if I happen to have them but obviously not every run, just what I happen to have.

I will just run a T6 OP.....a lot...all day long if I can, to wring every bit out of my purchased bonus. 

If I am really dug in, I don't wait for the 20 minute reset or whatever, I will pay the credit fee to reset the ship instantly every time.  Put something interesting on TV in the background and get to work.

• Cool 1

[MHG]
Members
385 posts
21,613 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Thanks!

No super special camos or anything.  Just any one time use camos I have that will boost it. I will use "special" flags if I happen to have them but obviously not every run, just what I happen to have.

I will just run a T6 OP.....a lot...all day long if I can, to wring every bit out of my purchased bonus. 

If I am really dug in, I don't wait for the 20 minute reset or whatever, I will pay the credit fee to reset the ship instantly every time.  Put something interesting on TV in the background and get to work.

Thanks. +1

[HTDGS]
Members
531 posts
11,405 battles
57 minutes ago, Blitzkrieger said:

what consumables does it get? haven't seen that info

It's a reskinned Gallant.  Smoke, speed boost, DCP.  Edit: Also hydro I believe?  I haven't played Gallant in forever because it's just anemic at it's tier.

Edited by Dr_Drunk_AKA

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,216 posts
22,756 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

Hmm, I don't have any ships for the nation and $21 is a pretty cheap ticket to entry.  Gallant isn't a bad ship....plus another 3X XP for T6 OPs.....

I am not paying for the special camo but there is nothing wrong with the standard one. Darn it WG, stop making decent deals.

Did WG release "just" a DD? No gimmicks? It has smoke? Yep. It has Engine Boost? Yep. It's the good bote Galant in Pan-asian skin? Yep!

WG failed to nerf something??

I am tempted but just can't right now. Been fighting this COVID thing for the past 18 days now. I am losing time on my Mysore x3 because of it, too! Maybe when I feel better and have the ability to play again...

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
1,148 posts
18,113 battles

Try to get people to pay into a line with only two ships... and then they pick a Gallant of all things to clone?  Lol, someone please, hold me back from the rush to spend money on mediocrity.   

Why not clone something worth playing and buying? Gimme a third Sims.  Gimme another t-61.  A gadjah clone with regular torps, anything besides a Gallant!  lol.  At the very least allow this line's premiums to be played with USA captains until it turns into an actual line

You could buy it now, or just wait til next December when this ship is the automatic tax you have to pay in the santa crates before you can get a good ship.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,286 posts
17,234 battles
1 hour ago, AnimaL21 said:

At the very least allow this line's premiums to be played with USA captains until it turns into an actual line

Let's remind ourselves again how long it was between the first Pan-Asian premium coming into the game and the P-A tech-tree destroyers arriving.

This page says early 2016.... 

The PA tech-tree DD line came out in patch 0.6.14, at the very end of 2017. So pushing for the better part of two years.

Nueve came out over two years ago, so technically the line IS late, but I suspect the ship is actually early and only came out when she did because she's the ex-USS Boise, and that ship was released for a US Navy/US cruiser event.

Also, bear in mind how long Blyskawica had to struggle along using only her own captain.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[GLF]
Members
1,148 posts
18,113 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Let's remind ourselves again how long it was between the first Pan-Asian premium coming into the game and the P-A tech-tree destroyers arriving.

Also, bear in mind how long Blyskawica had to struggle along using only her own captain.

Yeah I get that.  Its why i never bought Blyska even when open water stealth fire was a thing, and why i'd never buy a pan am ship without there being a line.  At least if they allowed USA captains on the pan am line for now there'd be SOME incentive to want to buy something so mediocre from that line.  

[A-D-F]
8,746 posts
4 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

Yeah I get that.  Its why i never bought Blyska even when open water stealth fire was a thing, and why i'd never buy a pan am ship without there being a line.  At least if they allowed USA captains on the pan am line for now there'd be SOME incentive to want to buy something so mediocre from that line.  

Everyone likes different ships and I get that but...the Gallant just isn't the worst thing in the world that you are making it out to be.  It's not the best DD in the game but....it's not horrible or anything.

I would not want to play US captains on it.  At some point there will be a line for the nation and if I can have a trained up captain for it, Ima do that.  I have lots of ships that I can already play my US captains on.

[GLF]
Members
1,148 posts
18,113 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Everyone likes different ships and I get that but...the Gallant just isn't the worst thing in the world that you are making it out to be.  It's not the best DD in the game but....it's not horrible or anything.

I didnt say it was bad.  Its just as mediocre as they come.  Right now with everyone feeling the money grab that is the skill rework, the fact they're gonna go put a meh boat out there and ask for money for it is laughable to me.   

[A-D-F]
8,746 posts
13 minutes ago, AnimaL21 said:

I didnt say it was bad.  Its just as mediocre as they come.  Right now with everyone feeling the money grab that is the skill rework, the fact they're gonna go put a meh boat out there and ask for money for it is laughable to me.   

Eh, $20 for a T6 premium is not a "money grab" if you ask me.  It's less than the cost of dinner in most places at this point, for a ship that you can use for years if you wish. 

If it's not your thing, I get it and don't buy it.  Gallant is not known to be a bad ship though.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,286 posts
17,234 battles
54 minutes ago, Suzutsuki_Kai said:

im too spoiled by t-61 to touch any other low tier destroyer

:Smile_veryhappy: Yeah, I can understand that, even if I don't absolutely agree. The 61 is a good boat; it's not hard to play her to death.

[WKY04]
Members
3,878 posts
24,820 battles

Gallant is a Premium already, and has access to a full nation of commanders.

And its a tier VI DD with no AA. Just no reason to get this. I guess I will drop it next Christmas.