You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nimitz_Zumwalt

Returning Player

8 comments in this topic

Members
148 posts
6,569 battles

I'm a returning player after.....almost a year break..With this new commander skill upgrade I got confused and makes my head spinning..Can you guys give me a good commander skill build with these ships...Thanks

Yamato,Bismarck,Gk,ALabama,Alaska,Fuso,Konig,Sharn,Zao,Guilio Cesare,Alsace.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,538 posts
22,303 battles

Check LittleWhiteMouse reviews on the skills for each class

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,307 battles

First thing to do is go to this page:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/commander-skills-update/ 

...and reset ALL your commanders' skills, as the automatic builds WG generates for them are sometimes grossly unsuitable.

You only have until Sunday night to do this, while you have forever afterwards to select appropriate builds for them.

If in doubt, leave the ship unskilled and try things in the PTS later.

You have until the end of this patch to reset individual captains' skills for free as many times as you like, but the global reset only works once.

• Cool 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,538 posts
22,303 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You have until the end of this patch to reset individual captains' skills for free as many times as you like, but the global reset only works once.

This is a must, proposed (cookie cited) WG builds are really bad.

• Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,210 battles
37 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

First thing to do is go to this page:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/commander-skills-update/ 

...and reset ALL your commanders' skills, as the automatic builds WG generates for them are sometimes grossly unsuitable.

You only have until Sunday night to do this, while you have forever afterwards to select appropriate builds for them.

If in doubt, leave the ship unskilled and try things in the PTS later.

You have until the end of this patch to reset individual captains' skills for free as many times as you like, but the global re only 

So I didn’t use the global reset button yet . I should use it February 14 and then I can just reset the captain skill as I play each ship correct ?  Right now that is easy because it’s free but after the 15 it’s going to be tough because once you set those skills it’s in stone or pay to change . This is going to get tough I like a few Captain  builds on the same ship I can’t make up my mind on a lot of them . Well at least I had plenty of time to try them out . I think that if there’s any major changes to the new skills we will get a little free time again . I don’t expect a month but a few days or  week is ok . Good luck everybody tough choices ! 

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,307 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

Right now that is easy because it’s free but after the 15 it’s going to be tough because once you set those skills it’s in stone or pay to change .

I'm going to push reset on the 14th and then choose/reset for every battle right up until the next patch, unless I'm happy with what I've got. 

Moving forward, I will use the Public Test Server to try out builds for any ship in which I'm not completely happy about what works best for me. 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm going to push reset on the 14th and then choose/reset for every battle right up until the next patch, unless I'm happy with what I've got. 

Moving forward, I will use the Public Test Server to try out builds for any ship in which I'm not completely happy about what works best for me. 

This is a pretty good approach ... the only change I've made is I did the captain reset earlier this week and have now mostly set up a few special commanders (Halsey, Yamamoto, Dunkirks, etc) that I can play on multiple premium ships (as well as their primary tech tree ship if I want).  But for now, I've pretty much limited my play to only Premiums ... This is what I'd recommend ... try several setups on multiple ship types to find what works for your style.

Reducing the active fleet/captains allows me to do more testing on ship "classes" to ensure I get the closest to what I think I want.  The downside is playing the same ships gets a little boring ... so I'm not playing as much as I used to.  It's a two edged sword.

Also, I expect WG to make some changes before too long and who knows if or how much will be offered in additional free "respecs". Set your trust and expectations low if you don't want to get stuck down the road ...

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
33 minutes ago, clammboy said:

So I didn’t use the global reset button yet . I should use it February 14 and then I can just reset the captain skill as I play each ship correct ?  Right now that is easy because it’s free but after the 15 it’s going to be tough because once you set those skills it’s in stone or pay to change . This is going to get tough I like a few Captain  builds on the same ship I can’t make up my mind on a lot of them . Well at least I had plenty of time to try them out . I think that if there’s any major changes to the new skills we will get a little free time again . I don’t expect a month but a few days or  week is ok . Good luck everybody tough choices ! 

*Clarification:

Skill resets (i.e. respec on individual captains) will be free until February 17th @ 2:00AM PST  .

The one button reset of ALL Captains skills tool ( Resetting Skills for All Commanders | World of Warships ) ends on February 15th @ 5:00AM PST. 

If you reset all your Captains on 2/14 you'll still have until 2/17 to adjust skills on them individually for free.