Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Commadore_Crunch

Very frustrated and its not WOWS fault

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

86
[WARGS]
Members
76 posts
8,968 battles

 

Game after game of suiciders....players who's only play style is to die as fast as they can in a BB, One day in 2 separate match's My team had  Montana's just rush into the cap to die at start of match.. Players with 12,000 games that drive in a straight line across the map 

broadside without even trying to evade shots. You would think they would know better by the amount of games played. Im not so burned out on the game , rather its the player base that has so many of these spoiler players that

that's turning me off from playing. I can deal with the CV's the HE spam, Halland's torps ,  Unicum players who never miss their shots , but its the players that just stop  trying that's becoming  the last straw for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,022 posts
3,050 battles

It's a free game. The majority of the player base are just casual players who don't care about stats or improving their skills, they just want fast coop style games with big booms..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,068
[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles

Faults, blame, or culpability...

 

Everyone will have a percentage of the above noted. When the game is no longer fun, its just time to move on and remember the good times...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,740
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,934 posts
14,885 battles
14 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

It's a free game. The majority of the player base are just casual players who don't care about stats or improving their skills, they just want fast coop style games with big booms..

I doubt that most are suiciding on purpose and being game of random players you are going to have a good chance in any match that one or more of the players will make a misstep. We have all done it including the super unicums although they do it far less often and are able to recover more often. If it gets too frustrating take a break from randoms and play co-op where the suciding players will be bots or fire up some brainless Steam game for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
676 posts
5,358 battles

to be honest The game has become a disaster and every patch WG seems to find the way to make it a bit worst so is not a surprise people dont care about geting better many are just grinding missions and if that mission requires to tank damage they just charge in get some damage tanked and jump to the next ship.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
322
[VOP]
Members
961 posts
40 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

 

Game after game of suiciders....players who's only play style is to die as fast as they can in a BB, One day in 2 separate match's My team had  Montana's just rush into the cap to die at start of match.. Players with 12,000 games that drive in a straight line across the map 

broadside without even trying to evade shots. You would think they would know better by the amount of games played. Im not so burned out on the game , rather its the player base that has so many of these spoiler players that

that's turning me off from playing. I can deal with the CV's the HE spam, Halland's torps ,  Unicum players who never miss their shots , but its the players that just stop  trying that's becoming  the last straw for me.

Potential damage missions are WG's fault. Players need to get shot at to be completed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,129
[PVE]
Members
5,105 posts
22,598 battles
42 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

Game after game of suiciders....players who's only play style is to die as fast as they can in a BB, One day in 2 separate match's My team had  Montana's just rush into the cap to die at start of match.. Players with 12,000 games that drive in a straight line across the map broadside without even trying to evade shots. You would think they would know better by the amount of games played. Im not so burned out on the game , rather its the player base that has so many of these spoiler players that that's turning me off from playing. I can deal with the CV's the HE spam, Halland's torps ,  Unicum players who never miss their shots , but its the players that just stop  trying that's becoming  the last straw for me.

Ah, if I were to play Randoms, that's the game style I'd take:  to see how many I could take with me at the cap....  Why?  Because everyone else is hiding behind Islands sniping.....  And, I'd take a Division a match to see if we could break through......  Why not?  It's a free game and long past even discussing tactics, let alone, teamwork.........  How can anyone take the game seriously since Update 8.0???  No one I know.....  And, many of us are in COOP to bide the time till we find "something else" to do.

Wait till the kids start popping in when they lock the schools down again later this year...........  The kids love PVP !!!  BTW, many of them are playing their parents or grand parents accounts...... So, when that BB is screaming BANZAI, and the driver has 22,000 games..........it's not who you think it is....   I found a posse of youngsters last year on their parents and grand parents accounts........doing what you ^^^^ described and having an absolute blast doing so !

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,866
Members
1,918 posts
27,804 battles
32 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

to be honest The game has become a disaster and every patch WG seems to find the way to make it a bit worst so is not a surprise people dont care about geting better many are just grinding missions and if that mission requires to tank damage they just charge in get some damage tanked and jump to the next ship.

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
400 posts
26 battles

Had a truly special experience on my native EU server a few hours ago.

Hit Random battle with my beloved (if slightly muted) Massa'

 

The player of our Audacious CV announces to both teams at the start of the match that he hates the game and will sail into the B cap and suicide.

He does this and is of course swiftly sunk.

Continues to rant in chat for the remainder of the match that he is demonstrating that carriers are OP and that reporting him will do nothing.

I have the particular joy of being the target of the enemy team's FDR and Benham that had pushed through the B cap before the game mercifully ends just over 11 minutes.

It was special.

 

Check stats of said player, they're better than mine with over 7700 battles and over 56% win rate. Looks like they'd done the same thing with the Audacious in 3 other battles.

Naturally myself (and likely most of both teams) report and blacklist him. And I decide it might be time to submit my first support ticket with the replay.

 

I have to say though, he really did behave in an audacious manner.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,914
[SGSS]
Members
5,776 posts
23 minutes ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

Had a truly special experience on my native EU server a few hours ago.

Hit Random battle with my beloved (if slightly muted) Massa'

 

The player of our Audacious CV announces to both teams at the start of the match that he hates the game and will sail into the B cap and suicide.

He does this and is of course swiftly sunk.

Continues to rant in chat for the remainder of the match that he is demonstrating that carriers are OP and that reporting him will do nothing.

I have the particular joy of being the target of the enemy team's FDR and Benham that had pushed through the B cap before the game mercifully ends just over 11 minutes.

It was special.

 

Check stats of said player, they're better than mine with over 7700 battles and over 56% win rate. Looks like they'd done the same thing with the Audacious in 3 other battles.

Naturally myself (and likely most of both teams) report and blacklist him. And I decide it might be time to submit my first support ticket with the replay.

 

I have to say though, he really did behave in an audacious manner.

Wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,982
[A-I-M]
Members
3,873 posts
14,899 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Ah, if I were to play Randoms, that's the game style I'd take:  to see how many I could take with me at the cap....  Why?  Because everyone else is hiding behind Islands sniping.....  And, I'd take a Division a match to see if we could break through......  Why not?  It's a free game and long past even discussing tactics, let alone, teamwork......... 


Says the guy who just discussed tactics and teamwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[WOLF6]
Members
206 posts
7,273 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Do you turn pink?

the cv committed suicide.  he literally bombed himself with his own planes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
682 posts
220 battles
6 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

It's a free game. The majority of the player base are just casual players who don't care about stats or improving their skills, they just want fast coop style games with big booms..

Do you have a link for this information?  

Otherwise, I'll assume you just want to think the majority of the casual players think like this.

Edited by Laser_Beam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19
[GLF]
Members
51 posts
25,703 battles

I've seen this, it seems to me to a result of dissatisfaction with the matchmaking, the player looks at the teams, possibly with the mmm, and decides that a loss is inevitable so hits w let's his ship sail forward and goes grabs a cup of coffee, or cranks up video in another Window etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
396
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,545 posts
22,334 battles
9 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

How can anyone take the game seriously since Update 8.0???  No one I know.....  And, many of us are in COOP to bide the time till we find "something else" to do.

So this!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,317
[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
9 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

Potential damage missions are WG's fault. Players need to get shot at to be completed.

You can do it in co-op at much less risk to your team. People who refuse to do so are a bunch of adjectives and nouns that I'm not even allowed to type here.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You can do it in co-op at much less risk to your team. People who refuse to do so are a bunch of adjectives and nouns that I'm not even allowed to type here.

LOL!

You mean adjectives and nouns like silly, injudicious, rash, idiotic nincompoops:Smile_teethhappy:

Happy sailing and thanks for the laugh! 

Edited by WaywardVariable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,317
[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
4 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

You mean adjectives and nouns like silly, injudicious, rash, idiotic nincompoops:Smile_teethhappy:

Sorry, you're not even close. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,129
[PVE]
Members
5,105 posts
22,598 battles
8 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Says the guy who just discussed tactics and teamwork.

Oh yes.....  I have the merit badges that allow me to comment on Leadership and Tactics.....  And, let's be honest, why take this game seriously??  I know nine year olds that played it well...........painting themselves blue; catching their parents/grand parents accounts on fire; screaming Banzai as they, sometimes as division, attacked the closest CAP to VICTORY !!! - - - of course, their vision of Victory, was to die gloriously at the CAP......!    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,129
[PVE]
Members
5,105 posts
22,598 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You can do it in co-op at much less risk to your team. People who refuse to do so are a bunch of adjectives and nouns that I'm not even allowed to type here.

Oh, so you simply dump that lot into COOP to "ruin our experience.....and, our stats?"  Well now, that is reveling......  Does "selfish" and "condescending" come to mind.  Stay in PVP and prove your worth........and, honestly, let us alone.  Lately, the toxicity level; selfishness; blue-on-blue attacks; and, condescending attitudes have increased as the CPT ReBORK drives people out of PVP.....  

Edited by Asym_KS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,129
[PVE]
Members
5,105 posts
22,598 battles
2 hours ago, WaywardVariable said:

LOL!

You mean adjectives and nouns like silly, injudicious, rash, idiotic nincompoops:Smile_teethhappy:

Happy sailing and thanks for the laugh! 

Alas, this is an ESRB-T rated arcade shooter !   That contains and is host to all ^^^^ of the above intentionally !  Well said !

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×