You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainPhenomen

Can someone please explain this?

27 comments in this topic

[LANCE]
Members
37 posts
7,858 battles

What am I doing wrong to have this type of bomb drops 60% of the time??? No, I'm not exaggerating !!! This is a HUGE issue.... (yes, I saw a couple of times falling out of the reticle by very little)

Black = ships

Green = reticle

Red = where the brombs fall

This is starting to piss me off.... around 60% of the times this is what happens.... WHAT DA HECK!?

CV: Richthofen

image.thumb.png.acf7ba093c8a63da57e058378891c80f.png

Thx in advance!! Cheers!!

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,746 posts
7 minutes ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

What am I doing wrong to have this type of bomb drops 60% of the time??? No, I'm not exaggerating !!! This is a HUGE issue.... (yes, I saw a couple of times falling out of the reticle by very little)

Black = ships

Green = reticle

This is starting to piss me off.... around 60% of the times this is what happens.... WHAT DA HECK!?

I dont know if its you.  T8 I have watched bombs drop in the water and I get a c it.

Its strange for sure.

[LANCE]
Members
37 posts
7,858 battles
9 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I dont know if its you.  T8 I have watched bombs drop in the water and I get a c it.

Its strange for sure.

yeah I do have some cits hit too... I'm not saying like it never happens... but man, huge amount of times I can't even hit ships... like absolute miss with all 3 bombs even when the reticle is perfectly aligned. What I've noticed is that the bombs ALMOST NEVER go near the center... they will tend to go to border lines most of the times, like showed on that image...

Kinda not sure if that's me or what is going on :/

Edited by CaptainPhenomen

[YORHA]
Members
5,276 posts
10,497 battles
13 minutes ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

am I the only one to think that if this is RNG's problem then this has to be addressed? 

It is why WoWs will never be considered as a real Competitive e-Sport Product. To much random chance.

Edited by JCC45
  • Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,371 battles
12 minutes ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

iirc, there was a nerf(?) a number of months ago where (KM only?) carriers AP bomb drop was adjusted so the bombs fell more often near the edges of the reticle.

Again, can’t remember the details.

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,732 battles
14 minutes ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

am I the only one to think that if this is RNG's problem then this has to be addressed? 

Recently, I've found the best method is one of two options, close my eyes when I drop or just leave em parked on the deck.

[LANCE]
Members
37 posts
7,858 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

Recently, I've found the best method is one of two options, close my eyes when I drop or just leave em parked on the deck.

I'm thinking of getting FDR to play... or maybe midway... this is really frustraiting. I don't enjoy such crap, it's not fun at all.

2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

iirc, there was a nerf(?) a number of months ago where (KM only?) carriers AP bomb drop was adjusted so the bombs fell more often near the edges of the reticle.

Again, can’t remember the details.

Yeah... simple:
Details:

Bomb chance to fall near adge: 90%

no magic there haha

[SGSS]
Members
5,746 posts
32 minutes ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

yeah I do have some cits hit too... I'm not saying like it never happens... but man, huge amount of times I can't even hit ships... like absolute miss with all 3 bombs even when the reticle is perfectly aligned. What I've noticed is that the bombs ALMOST NEVER go near the center... they will tend to go to border lines most of the times, like showed on that image...

Graff is the worst.

The prem German t6 hits very nicely, US seem to hit very well.

Yes, my German experience has not gone well.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,282 posts

Note to cv captains ....please make sure to hand out flasks of your pilots favorite booze .

Looks like you forgot that step when they took off on their bombing run.

Cheers!!:cap_tea:

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
9,989 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

That's how WG balances the power of the bombs, by making them squirrelly lol.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,251 posts
16,107 battles
2 hours ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

Black = ships

Green = reticle

Plus +! for easy to see graphics!!  Very professiona; ;)

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,467 posts
13,117 battles

Number one reason I stick to torpedoes unless I'm bored and waiting on my torpedo bombers to return or needed to find some fighters to drop for friendlies.

Not really a fan of the German Tech tree CV's for good reason as well.

Members
5,651 posts
10,985 battles
3 hours ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

No - RNG is a part of every torpedo, dropped bomb, and  shell salvo.  It is needed for balance...

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,513 posts

I used to bore downstairs to the top of the stack filling the screen then released it. Crit every time. The RNG amount is so small as to be anywhere at the stack itself.

Edited by xHeavy

Members
54 posts
3,667 battles

some time ago they nerfed the richtofen by doubling the area of the reticle, this means that your chances of hitting the target are effectively halved compared to before.

so maybe that's why

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
852 posts
6,620 battles

MvR reticle has always done this, similar to Enterprise. It is more noticeable now that the reticle is larger. You can partially get around this by dropping slightly offset with the target ship. 

[B_Y_F]
Members
683 posts
15,408 battles

It's not RNG. Bomb is coded to be landing at the edge of the radical more often than middle.

[LANCE]
Members
37 posts
7,858 battles
10 hours ago, Morpheous said:

Plus +! for easy to see graphics!!  Very professiona; ;)

hahah thx :D I'm getting ready for me job interview for graphic designer position :D

Well... seems like I'll have to get FDR or grind for Midway (which is the less likely...)

Thx all for the replies!!

[FOXEH]
Members
1,958 posts
13,203 battles
17 hours ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

Black = ships

Green = reticle

Bad game design.