You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Venezia ....... Daaaaamn ! ! !

43 comments in this topic

Members
755 posts
72 battles

Yeah .... so I did something really stupid! I never played one game with Italian cruisers before. I just didn't feel they was that interesting. Then I saw Potato Quality's video today about the Venezia and I just Free XP:ed then entire line to T10 Venezia without playing any of the other tiers and this was my first game in it.

I kind of like this ship to be honest !

Think this is my new favorite T 10. Was the rest of the line just as good/fun?

• Cool 2

[UNHLY]
Members
4,858 posts
13,528 battles

A lot of players here have said that the line doesn’t really get good or enjoyable until t8 or 9, but I still found the mid tiers to be a lot of fun. Haven’t played Venezia yet (just unlocked Amalfi), but I’m definitely looking forward to it. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
914 posts
14,467 battles

The line came alive at Amalfi for me and just got better from there!

• Cool 1

Members
755 posts
72 battles
8 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

A lot of players here have said that the line doesn’t really get good or enjoyable until t8 or 9, but I still found the mid tiers to be a lot of fun. Haven’t played Venezia yet (just unlocked Amalfi), but I’m definitely looking forward to it. 

6 minutes ago, hexeris said:

The line came alive at Amalfi for me and just got better from there!

Thanks, then I didnt miss much. I first thought I Free XP to T 8 or 9 but I know how impatient I am and I really wanted to try the Venezia after seeing his video since I feel many cruisers are struggling after the rework.

[RLGN]
Members
15,692 posts
27,458 battles

Pretty much stopped at Montecolliwatzit.

Also have the two Ducas, which I find passable, and Gorizia, which I like.

Have insta-kek’d a number of Venezias in both main modes, enough such I have little faith in them.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,614 posts

Even God's BB with a million armor and laser railguns will still sink to a shima... since the Italian ships are already as heavy as a church....

Edited by xHeavy
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
514 posts
11,733 battles
54 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Can confirm. The guns at mid tiers are like the americans in balistics but the stealth and rudder shift make up for it. I kept the whole line.

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,893 battles

I'm on Zara right now... love the 12KM meme torpedoes

Members
934 posts
1,333 battles

Line is irregular both in style and quality.

I love Montecculi (light) but not Trento and Zara (heavies) but enjoyed a lot Amalfi and Venezia is may clan wars ship.

[UNC]
Members
911 posts
6,322 battles

Yeah, line was meh until Amalfi; Brindisi was good and Venezia of course is a beast.  Fragile, being overmatched by 406 and with exposed citadels; but monsters when played well.  I am somewhat excited for the BB line, but am concerned about the combination of short range, bad dispersion, low sigma, and long reloads on their main batteries.  They seem to be giving up an awful lot just to get SAP and all I've seen so far in the dev blog are a series of nerfs - SAP damage reduction, longer reloads, etc.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,464 posts
19,190 battles
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Yeah .... so I did something really stupid! I never played one game with Italian cruisers before. I just didn't feel they was that interesting. Then I saw Potato Quality's video today about the Venezia and I just Free XP:ed then entire line to T10 Venezia without playing any of the other tiers and this was my first game in it.

I tend to do overwhelming well in them for the first 10 - 20 battles, then I unexplainedly have many more bad and middling games and the average comes way down.  I have a special tinfoil hat that keeps the voices out that tell me WG bakes this in with new ships.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,880 posts
14,916 battles

No. The line drew heap big vacuum though T7.

Like others have said, the clouds started to break at Amalfi, and things got brighter with Brindisi, finally bursting forth into glorious day with Venizia.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,921 posts
23,939 battles
17 minutes ago, ThisIsClassic said:

I tend to do overwhelming well in them for the first 10 - 20 battles, then I unexplainedly have many more bad and middling games and the average comes way down.  I have a special tinfoil hat that keeps the voices out that tell me WG bakes this in with new ships.

I understand that "possession is 9/10 of the law"...but...

Can I get my hat back dude?

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,464 posts
19,190 battles
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I understand that "possession is 9/10 of the law"...but...

Can I get my hat back dude?

No.  I licked it just in case.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
7,921 posts
23,939 battles
27 minutes ago, ThisIsClassic said:

No.  I licked it just in case.

Cool...I put a toxic nerve agent on it (everybody knows "the voices" don't like toxic nerve agents...conspiracy theory 101 there)...

So it looks like I'll be getting my hat back sooner than I thought...

Now... what's best for removing "lick" germs from tin foil?... 🤔

• Funny 1

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
187 posts
10,494 battles

Generally, the Italian cruisers are snipers at mid-long range.  Definitely not brawlers but they punish DDs with a vengeance  using SAP and can also rough up other cruisers and BB's at specific points in battle.   You may like the other tiers.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,214 posts
12,792 battles

Right now I cant wait for Italian ZAP BBS, those will be devastating to all ships.

All ships but DDs. Their SAP has been reduced to being less effective against DDs than BB AP: :Smile_facepalm:.

[SGSS]
Members
5,816 posts
3 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

T8 and 9 are also very good.

Dont for get the AP.  Had a Dev on a Salem that was broadside.

Then he was not! Lol

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,945 posts
7,861 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

Are people bothering with stealth or going for max sap damage?

I'm spec'd for full out DPM.  That +10% sap damage is nice too.  It's a fast ship so running with higher concealment isn't an issue, especially with smoke.  V gets to decide when it wants to fight or break off and run.  Slapping DE thunderers for 15k+ per salvo is satisfying 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles

I've enjoyed the Italian 'botes.
Raimondo Montecuccoli has been especially fun in Co-op.
Duca D'Aosta and Trento are fun, too.
At some point, I need to go further up the line.  I stalled at Zara and got caught up in other events and ship grinds.

[INTEL]
Members
3,464 posts
19,190 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Cool...I put a toxic nerve agent on it (everybody knows "the voices" don't like toxic nerve agents...conspiracy theory 101 there)...

So it looks like I'll be getting my hat back sooner than I thought...

Now... what's best for removing "lick" germs from tin foil?... 🤔

anthrax

trust me