You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.10.2, Big Hunt event, Italian battleships, visual improvements.

37 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
5,818 posts
7,019 battles

The cost of post-battle service in 0.10.2 for premium and special tier II-VII ships will also be reduced.

Is there any chance of getting a response behind the reasoning of this decision? It's not that it's something bad, but I sincerely can't understand why. Is it a means to make these ships more profitable and populate these tiers some more? Is it to help a bit with co-op economy? I really don't get it. :Smile_amazed:

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
362 posts
25,104 battles

What ships can participate in Big Hunt?  Regular ones or special ones?

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,687 posts
5,563 battles
3 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

We will be running special ones that are going to be provided during the event, including the ships from the first Key Battles.

[WORX]
Members
12,659 posts
19,907 battles

I am more concern about the visual improvements... How that is going to play out...

The video provided, did a very bad job in highlighting what the paragraph stated...

• Half the video was centered on a rock...  
  • Cool 1

[USN]
Members
1,517 posts
20,459 battles

Big Hunt (Key Battles reincarnated)  coming back. Ok. T8 perma camos for Amagi, OIand, and Ducky: meh, T8 camos don't provide enough benefits to be worthwhile except for aesthetics. More interested in the Random bundles tbh.

Hello Leone, we've been waiting two years for your shells to land, now you're hear to be a forever port queen by simply completing directives

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,938 posts
14,888 battles
26 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

They will be special ships.

[HINON]
Members
8,696 posts
12,697 battles
12 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Hello Leone, we've been waiting two years for your shells to land, now you're hear to be a forever port queen by simply completing directives

wait, where did it say that? did it say anything about what Marco Polo will be for

[USN]
Members
1,517 posts
20,459 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

wait, where did it say that? did it say anything about what Marco Polo will be for

New content

Added Italian Battleships containers, as well as Legion permanent camouflages for Marco Polo and Leone.

I'm just guessing Leone will be the directive reward, but it makes sense as the usually craptastic freebies are awarded this way

Members
2,070 posts
12,694 battles
27 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I am more concern about the visual improvements... How that is going to play out...

The video provided, did a very bad job in highlighting what the paragraph stated...

• Half the video was centered on a rock...  

The water on the rock was one of the improvements that they announced in a previous post a few weeks ago.

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,687 posts
5,563 battles

Renaming the event mode to the event name that was used for Key Battles... okay...

Is there a reason for this?

[WORX]
Members
12,659 posts
19,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

The water on the rock was one of the improvements that they announced in a previous post a few weeks ago.

The video should show what the paragraph states... Not what the past not mentioned in the paragraph :cap_old:.

Oh well.. TY for the insight...

[BGA]
Members
71 posts
17,821 battles

"Especially for the Big Hunt, the Aurora boss ship was added. Defeating it will not be easy, but will bring a huge amount of Battle Points to the team that destroys it."

Are said points distributed based on killing blow or damage done?

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,659 posts
19,907 battles
1 minute ago, destawaits said:

Renaming the event mode to the event name that was used for Key Battles... okay...

My guess... Recycling ideas due to the current global situation, has affected/slowed down the production process.. 

Just a thought... :Smile_izmena:

• Boring 1

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
1,687 posts
5,563 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

My guess... Recycling ideas due to the current global situation, has affected/slowed down the production process.. 

I think their production of new content has been slow overall since lockdown...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WHEE]
Members
130 posts
3,657 battles

Those Alabama camos look siiiiick. Especially the matte black and gold ones!

Too bad it looks like they’re going to be unobtainable by most players :(

[SALVO]
Members
7,077 posts
5,542 battles
1 hour ago, destawaits said:

Well there's no Key now...

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,077 posts
5,542 battles
1 hour ago, Sinsie said:

"Especially for the Big Hunt, the Aurora boss ship was added. Defeating it will not be easy, but will bring a huge amount of Battle Points to the team that destroys it."

Are said points distributed based on killing blow or damage done?

Damage done I hope, no much sense other wise if the mode is div oriented 

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Far from it, my guess is polishing the concept to adapt it as a regular game mode. That's really promising.

[RLGN]
Members
15,680 posts
27,420 battles

Oh...

The “You get his wallet, I’ll get his gun, now I’ll take his wallet.” game mode.

Hard pass.

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
7,759 posts
36,955 battles

Big Hunt mode? Meh. Pass.

Why not spend the time and resources in bringing back the good ops that people liked is beyond me. We want the one evacuating Dunkirk!

Edited by alexf24
  • Cool 5

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,730 posts
26,246 battles

If the "Big Hunt" doesnt award regular credits and free experience I'm not interested. I hated how nothing in that mode seemed to carry over to the actual main game. Turning in chucky cheese tokens for credits felt bad. 

Filth Battles was absolutely amazing. You guys, WG/Lesta, took it and tried to make it better and instead just made it complicated and annoying. There was no need for an in game division in system, it just complicated the battles for example. It was fun to just pick and choose if and when you wanted to betray people or not knowing when you would be betrayed. It already existed without needing mechanics to enforce it.

I just do not understand why you guys, WG/Lesta, cannot be bothered with operations we all beg for but keep turning out these dumb modes. 

• Cool 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
3,922 posts
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Is there any chance of getting a response behind the reasoning of this decision? It's not that it's something bad, but I sincerely can't understand why. Is it a means to make these ships more profitable and populate these tiers some more? Is it to help a bit with co-op economy? I really don't get it. :Smile_amazed:

sounds like a win for me... as i don't often play anything T8 and above

Guessing this is to help newer players with the earnings to be able to buy the higher tier ships... and potentially encourage more lower tier prem sales...