You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.10.2, New ships

55 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles

I think I'd rather be driving a Weimar in a tier 9 battle than a Tiger.

• Cool 3

[A-O]
Members
1,113 posts
10,752 battles

T7 Weimar looks interesting. Should do well in Narai.

Where can I pre-order?  :-)

[TWE]
Beta Testers
247 posts
1,598 battles

Huh, I always wondered if Tiger would/ could be implemented in this game. Now I know. Could certainly be interesting but I will definitely wait for tester/ CC to play it before pulling the trigger.

[B_Y_F]
Members
680 posts
15,356 battles

two turrets... It will be funny when some Thunder HE shells "ACCIDENTALLY" break one or two of them. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[KWF]
Members
5,738 posts
6,985 battles

I guess we are at the point where it doesn't even take a year for a premium to be powercrept by a similar design. Also something to consider is that by the amount of  premium german CLs that are introduced we could probably have an actual CL tech tree line....

As for Tiger, unless these turrets are made out of stalinium it's gonna have a bad time. Firing angles don't look good either. But hey, it's ok,  stealth radar because WG has stated time and time again that they would try to absolutely stop it :Smile_trollface:

Edited by warheart1992
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,750 posts
10,879 battles

Thinking about catching a DD with radar while in your smoke brings a smile. (Tiger)

Thinking of the Georgia hitting speed boost and charging said smokes brings a cold sweat. (Tiger)

Edit:  I don't think Weimar makes it to the shop as is.  It just looks too fun.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[BUOY]
Members
1,211 posts
16,202 battles

Weimar: promising, but how to differentiate between her and Munchen without one ship being a straight upgrade / cannibalizing the other?.. 

Tiger:  T8 Mikasa, I don't see how they can balance the ship as vs the 12 gun Edinburgh / Belfast 43 since rapid fire from smoke just makes it easy to blind fire.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,862 posts
9,677 battles

Weimar looks like a potentially great Narai ship. It does look like a flat-out better Munchen, which is also disappointing in a way. Munchen is markedly faster, but maneuverability is similar. Munchen is stealthier, but Weimar has 33% more gun barrels and double the number of torpedo launchers as well as an extra slug of HP. 

Tiger '59 looks interesting, but mostly interesting in the Chinese sense of the word. Clearly the same person who developed Fen Yang was given free reign to make Tiger '59 in his or her own image. Oodles of consumables but terrible firepower. Downtiering a cruiser with two Minotaur turrets seems kind of interesting, but then you realize that this is a downtiered cruiser at Tier VIII that can face actual Minotaurs in matchmaking queue. And then it sounds a lot less attractive. Plus it looks unlikely that she'll be able to get both turrets into action without showing large amounts of broadside, which means honestly she's pretty mediocre as a DD hunter as well.

Some things that could make her more competitive would be adding her three historical 76mm DP twin turrets and some of the 40mm Bofors mounts she was initially planned to have as well as crawling smoke. If you wanted to make things really interesting, you could give those 76mm twin mounts a 2.5-second reload, 7.5 km range, and sufficient bonus armor penetration to penetrate 19mm armor for secondary spiciness as a DD hunter.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[ARGSY]
Members
23,286 posts
17,234 battles

Tiger's AA figures are wrong. IRL she also has 3 x twin 76mm AA, the same heavy AA guns found on Minotaur, and those are not listed in the stats. They should represent a long to mid range aura. 

I was wondering how she could ever be implemented in the game. Putting her down at Tier 8 is sort of the only way, and I'm not entirely sure she doesn't belong at Tier 7. In fact, I'd advocate strongly for her to be there if not for the fact that it would put another radar into Tier 5-7 MM.

The simple fact is that she's not fit to face Minotaur (which has 2.5 x the number of identical gun turrets), or even Neptune in a straight-out fight. The only thing that saves her is having both radar and smoke.

7 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Some things that could make her more competitive would be adding her three historical 76mm DP twin turrets and some of the 40mm Bofors mounts she was initially planned to have.

The picture actually shows the 76mm turrets, and I agree that making them secondaries would go a long way toward balancing her.

Clearly the same person who developed Fen Yang was given free rein to make Tiger '59 in his or her own image.

Unfortunately for that argument, this is her historical configuration. In my opinion she should be renamed BLAKE (one of the other two ships of the class, the third being the severely overused LION).

The interesting thing about calling her Tiger '59 is that it suggests we will eventually get the WW1 battlecruiser of the same name, otherwise why differentiate her with the date?

• Meh 1

Members
1,904 posts
27,698 battles

In my opinion...

To put Tiger into range of Tier 10's testifies to two things:

• Developers don't really play the game, putting a short range boat w/4 152's into that arena.
  • Anyone who purchases this boat will buy ANYTHING WG puts out and will be seen as 'Crack-addicts' in their decision-making process.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,862 posts
9,677 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Tiger's AA figures are wrong. IRL she also has 3 x twin 76mm AA, the same heavy AA guns found on Minotaur, and those are not listed in the stats. They should represent a long to mid range aura. 

I was wondering how she could ever be implemented in the game. Putting her down at Tier 8 is sort of the only way, and I'm not entirely sure she doesn't belong at Tier 7. In fact, I'd advocate strongly for her to be there if not for the fact that it would put another radar into Tier 5-7 MM.

The simple fact is that she's not fit to face Minotaur (which has 2.5 x the number of identical gun turrets), or even Neptune in a straight-out fight. The only thing that saves her is having both radar and smoke.

The picture actually shows the 76mm turrets, and I agree that making them secondaries would go a long way toward balancing her.

Unfortunately for that argument, this is her historical configuration. In my opinion she should be renamed BLAKE (one of the other two ships of the class, the third being the severely overused LION).

The interesting thing about calling her Tiger '59 is that it suggests we will eventually get the WW1 battlecruiser of the same name, otherwise why differentiate her with the date?

I was hoping that the AA text description was an oversight on not having the 76mm twin mounts included. Making them secondaries would help... but I think it would only help if they could get custom armor penetration to defeat 19mm armor, improved accuracy, and improved base range. Otherwise they'd be as helpful as Orkan's secondary. 

I thought about downtiering her to Tier VII, but her consumables suite would be grossly overpowered there, even if they nerfed the radar range. 

Very hard ship to incorporate into the game given how advanced she was as a mid-Cold War ship while simultaneously having so little firepower.

I'm not sold that we'll get the 1913 HMS Tiger as we have had W. Virginia '41 for quite a while with no sign of W. Virginia '44.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,286 posts
17,234 battles

I'm not sold that we'll get the 1913 HMS Tiger as we have had W. Virginia '41 for quite a while with no sign of W. Virginia '44.

Against that, we will soon have two VAMPIRES (and Vampire 2 should really be Vampire 59).

Very hard ship to incorporate into the game given how advanced she was as a mid-Cold War ship while simultaneously having so little firepower.

Her post-war fire control should compensate for that, but it would require making her dispersion abnormally small and her sigma abnormally high; think a Tier 10 Yubari.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
18 posts
6,823 battles

So what does the Tiger do? That any other comprable ship in the game doesn't do better? And only 4 152's with 3.2 second reload? One of those turrets goes down you're basically dead. Can't see this ship being fun to play even if it's top tier, imagine T10... Seems just like another floating dev strike to me.

• Cool 1

Members
2,069 posts
12,691 battles

WG: Smoke + radar is bad for the game so we have to remove Belfast

WG: Stealth radar is bad for the game so we're nerfing USN CL

Also WG: Look at all these new stealth radar and smoke radar ships we're adding to the game.

Also WG: Why don't you guys ever believe our horse excrement excuses for why we balanse things? 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[HINON]
Members
8,680 posts
12,675 battles

im surprised no one's mentioned that Weimar is virtually just a Mainz at T7, 12 guns, 12 torps, i think the same reload give or take, seems interesting to me, but the Tiger is for sure going to need all the help it can get

[USN]
Members
1,509 posts
20,360 battles

Tiger: other than the insanity of stealth radar and radar/smoke combo, I'm not really sure what this brings over Edinburgh or even T7 Belfast. Also funny how WG's said in the past smoke+radar and stealth radar is bad and we will remove it, and then Tiger comes along and does both. One more thing, why are her 76mm AA guns not mentioned in her AA defense? I can clearly see two just in that picture, was that a whoopsie or are they only there for decoration?  

Weimar: There is absolutely no way this thing will make it through testing like this. Quarter million HE DPM, over half a million AP.  That's like being HE spammed by a Seattle (but this time with 38mm HE pen) and getting AP spammed by a Smolensk, at T7. Oh and you have Algerie's speed boost, so for 3 minutes you can go 37knts. If this does stay unmolested, get it ASAP

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,286 posts
17,234 battles
4 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Also funny how WG's said in the past smoke+radar and stealth radar is bad and we will remove it, and then Tiger comes along and does both.

I think it was the fire-starting capability of Belfast with smoke/radar that really pushed her over the edge into OP. Tiger's low gun-barrel numbers and lack of access to HE should keep her in check in that regard.

• Meh 1

[TWE]
Beta Testers
247 posts
1,598 battles
33 minutes ago, DieBesten121 said:

So what does the Tiger do? That any other comprable ship in the game doesn't do better? And only 4 152's with 3.2 second reload? One of those turrets goes down you're basically dead. Can't see this ship being fun to play even if it's top tier, imagine T10... Seems just like another floating dev strike to me.

Giant British Freisland basically

[ARGSY]
Members
23,286 posts
17,234 battles
2 minutes ago, Trophy_Wench said:

Giant British Freisland basically

If they want that, they'll have to give her a much higher rate of fire, which might involve pushing her up to Tier 9 (coal, anyone?).

• Boring 1

Members
2,069 posts
12,691 battles
11 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Also funny how WG's said in the past smoke+radar and stealth radar is bad and we will remove it, and then Tiger comes along and does both.

It's not just Tiger, literally every radar WG has added since the USN CL nerf has either been stealth or smoke.

Edited by Rouxi

[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
43 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I'm disappointed that the WW1 era HMS Tiger didn't make it into the game before the Tiger'59.  

As for the WV'44, I think that, since the release of the second USN  BB line, it'll be difficult to include the WV'44.  I think that merely adding AA to the fully upgraded Colorado would make her OP for tier 7, but that simple addition might not be enough for tier 8.  Knowing that a WV'44 would  be competing with the Kansas, it'd need more than just good AA.  I'd think that she'd also have to have enhanced accuracy over the Colorado and/or the super-heavy AP shells of high tier USN first line BBs (and/or perhaps a RoF increase to her main guns) to make up for having 4 less guns than the Kansas.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,198 posts
12,767 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Please leave feedback below.

It's always cringeworthy when we have a post war ship introduced to serve alongside 1930s design's. Maybe if Tiger recieved a reload booster i wonder if she would fit into t8.

All the While, regarding Weiner, as a t7 Mainze, i cant help but feel major power creep on Atlanta, and decisive power creep on Boise/Flint. Engine Booster looks so out of thene and place on a German ship it's not even funny. I wonder if Mainz would be a good opportunity to introduce radar to the Germans.

[SALVO]
Members
26,102 posts
29,035 battles
14 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

im surprised no one's mentioned that Weimar is virtually just a Mainz at T7, 12 guns, 12 torps, i think the same reload give or take, seems interesting to me, but the Tiger is for sure going to need all the help it can get

I'm surprised that the Weimar wasn't designed as a tier 7 premium CA, rather than just another CL.  The Munchen seems good enough to me at tier 7 and I don't see the need for yet another tier 7 German premium CL.  Also, it's not like the Munchen is an old and stale premium where a new premium at that tier could be justified.  The Muchen is still pretty new, all things considered ... unless the spreadsheet is saying that the Munchen is seriously under performing for tier 7

[-RUM-]
Members
64 posts
13,982 battles

i just want to point out that the 76,2mm Guns in the tiger'59 are missing in the AA stats, they are modeled in the ship, but missing in the stats.
image.thumb.png.7284ffc6cffbd33171e7f0ae824cd11d.png
image.thumb.png.e228012af2be55eb13388496dfe05bf0.png