You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DragonzGirra

No bot OPTION

26 comments in this topic

[FNTRP]
Members
10 posts
7,296 battles

could you please give us an option to select to enable longer wait times in mm, but avoid all BOTS. im getting sick and tired of being torped by friendly bots .. or fix your code to not allow them to launch torps if it has a chance to hit a friendly .  Doesnt seem that hard 

• Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[CO-OP]
Members
2,874 posts
28,581 battles
1 hour ago, DragonzGirra said:

could you please give us an option to select to enable longer wait times in mm, but avoid all BOTS. im getting sick and tired of being torped by friendly bots .. or fix your code to not allow them to launch torps if it has a chance to hit a friendly .  Doesnt seem that hard 

I would be in favor of this, but this would use resources that I feel could be better used fixing operations.  Speaking of operations, scenario mode has TK damage turned off.

58 minutes ago, Crazy_08 said:

All bot option would be better

Consider a single match with 15 AIs, and one human.  That means that the processor need to make 15 decisions every clock cycle.  If you multiply this by everyone wanting to play in solo mode, this would unnecessarily tie up the server. 

Edited by HamptonRoads
  • Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
15,693 posts
27,479 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Consider a single match with 15 AIs, and one human.  That means that the processor need to make 15 decisions every clock cycle.  If you multiply this by everyone wanting to play in solo mode, this would unnecessarily tie up the server. 

Seventeen AIs, (Co-op,) but I digress.

Lone human games can be pretty spectacular. Usually pretty average, but the extremes happen as well. Worst are the wipeouts where the bots swarm you and you have no chance; best when they’re spread out from fighting the green bots, or from following weird paths in their logic chain, and you have a chance for a pretty big score.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,874 posts
28,581 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Lone human games can be pretty spectacular. Usually pretty average, but the extremes happen as well. Worst are the wipeouts where the bots swarm you and you have no chance; best when they’re spread out from fighting the green bots, or from following weird paths in their logic chain, and you have a chance for a pretty big score.

Math is hard, haven't had my morning coffee.:cap_tea:

[VOP]
Members
968 posts
15 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Math is hard, haven't had my morning coffee.:cap_tea:

I am pretty sure math before coffee is illegal or at least highly frowned upon.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,874 posts
28,581 battles
4 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

I am pretty sure math before coffee is illegal or at least highly frowned upon.

Sometimes math before alcohol requires a mental health waiver.

• Cool 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
46 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

That means that the processor need to make 15 decisions every clock cycle.  If you multiply this by everyone wanting to play in solo mode, this would unnecessarily tie up the server. 

FYI:

Modern CPU's can execute billions of instructions per cycle and have billions of cycles per second on each core, so compute isn't likely to be the bottleneck;  it scales cheaply. 

Given the concurrent player numbers that WoWs has per region (appears to range in the 10K - 20K ish range) which is pretty trivial from a user count standpoint unless of course they're using an incredibly inefficient and inelastic server farm architecture, I'm guessing the issue with releasing a solo game mode lies more with cost of development versus the potential payoff equation not working out to be a rational business decision (just a theory).

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,914 posts
25,782 battles
55 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Co-OP games when player count in a match are low have often been my best there.

Little to no competition!

Harder to do with cruiser, cv.  But a DD will have a blast.  BBs are boss in that situation, esp German and mega secondaries types.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[CAP]
Members
409 posts
17,192 battles

If the COOP queue had an option for "let me wait until there are enough humans", those folks would be waiting for a long...long time as the humans get thrown into COOP matches in 30 seconds while the hold outs are basically waiting until a full team of folks who want to wait are in the queue.

Members
5,671 posts
11,016 battles
3 hours ago, DragonzGirra said:

You will be the first one complaining that the bot should have known you were turning.... before you actually did.  I play coop ffom time to time especially when doing the tier 8-10 snowflake and the like and never had issues with friendlies torping me.  I want to know what I am doing differently from the others.

Since this has to be about random games - the ONLY reason bots are thrown in is because of a lack of players.  It won't be an added minute and depending on when played and tier - a long wait.

[RLGN]
Members
15,693 posts
27,479 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Harder to do with cruiser, cv.  But a DD will have a blast.  BBs are boss in that situation, esp German and mega secondaries types.

Had a 237k in NC recently.

1-2 other humans, but they died quick.

Got lucky a bot didn’t have torps ready at one point, but managed to tank decently well, and pounded hard on bot BB turrets when they were doing the usual bow on foolishness. Plenty of drive-bys, and managed to avoid one ram.

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
173 posts
16,910 battles

I would like to have longer time so i dont get sucked into the cv games.... how may times are your being grabbed with no time to get out ... almost always SUCKED into cv games ... FKN MM.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,945 posts
7,868 battles

I'd like an option for randoms that after the match starts at any point we can vote a bot take over a ship. I think that'd be great. 

• Funny 1

[FORM]
Members
312 posts
2,214 battles
19 hours ago, DragonzGirra said:

We can grief the guy all we want, but I did a bunch of co-op matches yesterday to race through one of the dockyard "get 75 torp hits in" missions and there were a couple times that the bots behind me launched torps AFTER I had already killed the ship that they targeted. In 12 or so battles it only happened a couple times, but I did eat 3 torps in one match from an idiot bot who was at least 2 seconds late shooting at a target I'd already sunk. WG can improve the stupidity of the AI torps for sure. Hell, the AI DDs are dumb as bricks too. They improved the BBs work towards grouping up rather than just YOLO! But man... the DD AI is just flat stupid.

[CUDA]
Members
290 posts
8,061 battles

I've played games with all bots but me (public test coop early in the morning) and the bots all suicide, many literallly ramming each other. What happens is you take care of the immediate threat, then look around and find you're all alone with a half dozen red bots focus firing you, or the last red ship has wandered into the far corner and the half dozen green bots are hunting it down before you can get close.

Really you need two or three humans to maximize damage.

[NONE]
Members
3,778 posts
11,406 battles
19 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I hear ya. I always have more fun and better earnings with no other humans. I never run low on credits even playing on a standard account. My lolibotes are Halland, Kagero, Cossack, Aigle, and of course Clemson.

Cruisers do fine for me. Hindy, Zao, and Salem are among my top earners. Atago, Exeter, and Prinz Eugen do OK too, especially when uptiered. Even the gimped Atlanta and god-forsaken Indianapolis manage to at least break even.

CV's almost always struggle in Co-op anyway due to short match length. I've maybe played Enterprise once this month just to set up Halsey's CV skill tree. Same with Ark Royal and Jingles. Hate rebork CV play anyway, so they mostly just sit in port looking pretty.

[UNCLN]
Members
72 posts
8,329 battles

I would like a more bot option in coop, I found it more fun than a full human team. Constant full human team in 0.10.0 coop is one of the last straw for me to decide to take a break.

Members
1,552 posts
23 hours ago, Jitta77 said:

If the COOP queue had an option for "let me wait until there are enough humans", those folks would be waiting for a long...long time as the humans get thrown into COOP matches in 30 seconds while the hold outs are basically waiting until a full team of folks who want to wait are in the queue.

Isn't that the whole point of I will wait?

For some players time is not the reason they enjoy playing with other live people.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,914 posts
25,782 battles
23 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Had a 237k in NC recently.

1-2 other humans, but they died quick.

Got lucky a bot didn’t have torps ready at one point, but managed to tank decently well, and pounded hard on bot BB turrets when they were doing the usual bow on foolishness. Plenty of drive-bys, and managed to avoid one ram.

Playing High Tier BBs late at night when nobody is around is the best time.  Particularly Tier X.  Mega Secondaries BBs like GK just kill multiple things at a time with no pressure to do it faster, because there's so few actual players around.

5 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

I hear ya. I always have more fun and better earnings with no other humans. I never run low on credits even playing on a standard account. My lolibotes are Halland, Kagero, Cossack, Aigle, and of course Clemson.

Cruisers do fine for me. Hindy, Zao, and Salem are among my top earners. Atago, Exeter, and Prinz Eugen do OK too, especially when uptiered. Even the gimped Atlanta and god-forsaken Indianapolis manage to at least break even.

CV's almost always struggle in Co-op anyway due to short match length. I've maybe played Enterprise once this month just to set up Halsey's CV skill tree. Same with Ark Royal and Jingles. Hate rebork CV play anyway, so they mostly just sit in port looking pretty.

It's not that Cruisers can't do well in Co-Op.  I have had great games in them.  It's just the simple fact that compared to playing as a DD or a Battleship, you still have to be paranoid.  Your not sneaky like and maneuverable like a DD.  Unlike a DD, you still got a Citadel.  You will get spotted and the bots will focus you rather than a Battleship because you got less HP.  You also don't have BB armor and HP, so staying power is a concern.  Even worse, the vast majority of Cruisers don't have Repair Party, so even trading shells with a DD or another Cruiser is costly, never mind when Bot BBs try to focus you. 

I still remember a Co-Op game from around just before the Skill Rebork went Live.  I was playing Montana and I had spawned with 2 other players right next to me:  A Gearing and a Stalingrad player.  The Stalingrad player got spotted real early and drew fire from multiple bots directions until he was dead.  My big a** BB was practically ignored.  Gearing had smoke and a small island nearby that he used as his "base" to do torp rushes around.  Because Stalingrad was being focused and forced to bow tank, my BB and Gearing had great games while Stalingrad did not.  Mind you, the Stalingrad player milked the survival of his ship as much as he could.  It's just he was forced to bow tank and minimize his firepower.  If he wasn't careful about how he tanked, he was getting Citadeled because bots from different directions were also shooting at him.

I imagine that's even harder for Stalingrad to do now because she has 0 access to Survival Skills.

Meanwhile one can zip around with freedom like a DD, or derp with very few concerns but still have firepower like a BB can.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RLGN]
Members
15,693 posts
27,479 battles
17 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Playing High Tier BBs late at night when nobody is around is the best time.  Particularly Tier X.  Mega Secondaries BBs like GK just kill multiple things at a time with no pressure to do it faster, because there's so few actual players around.

So true. Best Co-op ever was a 327k in GkF, with somewhere north of 3mil tanked.

17 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Your not sneaky like and maneuverable like a DD. 

Speaking of which; had cause to play one single game in Podvoisky last night on Faultline.

Lovely fast reloading torps, good use of cover at A, and some nice survival (for once,) and spotting by the Green bots.

Six kills, including a Colorado and a Nelson, two caps, and north of 100k damage.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
On 2/10/2021 at 3:24 PM, CylonRed said:

I play coop ffom time to time especially when doing the tier 8-10 snowflake and the like and never had issues with friendlies torping me.  I want to know what I am doing differently from the others.

Probably something to do with this image.png.bc957cfa055a03417c6116a13ddfa06c.png

Yes, friendly bots will torp you, even at almost point blank range while you're sitting in smoke, if you are between them and their target.

You know a game is in a healthy state when it can't even get enough people willing to play to fill out a match.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,914 posts
25,782 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So true. Best Co-op ever was a 327k in GkF, with somewhere north of 3mil tanked.

Speaking of which; had cause to play one single game in Podvoisky last night on Faultline.

Lovely fast reloading torps, good use of cover at A, and some nice survival (for once,) and spotting by the Green bots.

Six kills, including a Colorado and a Nelson, two caps, and north of 100k damage.

Tashkent is also amusing because of her speed and torpedoes, if you spec for torp reload.