You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lose_dudes

Any chance premium CVs will be put up for coal?

41 comments in this topic

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles

I really want a premium CV. Unfortunately, I'm f2p, and even with the coupon it will take me ages to get enough gold for the Ark Royal, which is the cheapest prem CV.

(It might also have something to do with my weird obsession with it, but that's probably just a coincedence)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,415 battles

Eventually, almost certainly (provided the hand actually lasts long enough to do so). Soon, no one knows outside WG and they’re not telling yet. There are a few premium CVs in testing right now or that have been recently that could be freemiums. Since we already have one for steel, that makes any future ones more likely to be for the other resources. Since they’re guaranteed t10s, I’d expect one to go to the RB before coal, but eventually there will be a coal CV. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,401 posts
10,580 battles

TBH I doubt it, but there is possibility WG may reskin Lexington and call it "Yorktown" or "Hornet".

It's unclear how popular CVs would be if placed in Armory. Not counting FDR as it's Steel, so pretty much closed except to CB/Ranked diehard fans.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
5 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Eventually, almost certainly (provided the hand actually lasts long enough to do so). Soon, no one knows outside WG and they’re not telling yet. There are a few premium CVs in testing right now or that have been recently that could be freemiums. Since we already have one for steel, that makes any future ones more likely to be for the other resources. Since they’re guaranteed t10s, I’d expect one to go to the RB before coal, but eventually there will be a coal CV. 

Only t10 CVs?

I have 4k coal right now, might not be a viable option...

[KWF]
Members
5,756 posts
7,003 battles
6 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Only t10 CVs?

Should be enough to get a single plane :cap_like:.

• Haha 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Should be enough to get a single plane :cap_like:.

I'll settle for a swordfish

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,178 posts
6,367 battles

"ENTERPRISE IS OP WE'RE PULLING IT FROM STORE FOR LIFE"

*sometime later*

"Introducing the FDR!"

----

The only CV most of us mains want is Enterprise to comeback, and I'm still salty over the air drop thing...

• Meh 1

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,415 battles
15 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Only t10 CVs?

Likely only t10s, yes, since the freemium ships tend to be t9/10 only. And as there are no t9 carriers anymore.... although there’s a chance (albeit very unlikely based on previous instances) that WG may make a t8 CV available as a resource ship since there are no t9s.

I’m sure we’ll also get a t6 CV rotated into the coal section at some point as well, but in terms of the main coal (or other resource) ships, you’re looking at pretty much exclusively t9 and 10. The rest have either been primarily doubloons/cash or limited initial ‘free’ release before being sold or shoved in loot crates.

Decinitely start saving your coal either way for a high tier ship. In terms of return on investment, they’re some of the best uses for your artificially limited resources like coal and steel, as well as typically being very strong ships on their own. They also have some of the best credit earning potential in the game (the t9s are among the best credit earners in the game, and the t10s can still make a lot of profit with their special economy), and in the case of the t10s will also give you options for competitive modes if you choose to go that route. Get into a clan with a maxed coal port asap and you can earn at least 1700-2000 coal a day between crates and daily missions. That might not sound like a lot on its own, but it’s typically enough to get a coal t9/10 ship with the coupon every four to six months. 

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

Well there were ships said to be "ONLY STEEL" yet now in the armory for coal.... We were "NEVER" going to see a t-10 ship for sale, hello ARP Yammy... We were never going to have subs bahahahahahawa... shall i go on... the answer is YES YES WE WILL

Members
142 posts
40 minutes ago, Reymu said:

TBH I doubt it, but there is possibility WG may reskin Lexington and call it "Yorktown" or "Hornet".

It's unclear how popular CVs would be if placed in Armory. Not counting FDR as it's Steel, so pretty much closed except to CB/Ranked diehard fans.

A re-skinned Lexington would be the Saratoga (which the in-game model actually depicts).

I think you meant Enterprise, sister to Yorktown and Honet.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,736 posts
4,771 battles
59 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Any chance premium CVs will be put up for coal?

What are you trying to do?!  Spark an insurrec .. er .. riot ??

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif.2564aa1077cba020748e92cca906602c.gif

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,338 posts
17,511 battles
1 hour ago, Lose_dudes said:

I really want a premium CV. Unfortunately, I'm f2p, and even with the coupon it will take me ages to get enough gold for the Ark Royal, which is the cheapest prem CV.

(It might also have something to do with my weird obsession with it, but that's probably just a coincedence)

Hmm yeah I would say that it is very likely.

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

There is the German. What is the other one?

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The German is testing what is the other?

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts
1 hour ago, Lose_dudes said:

I hope so.  I was saving rb point for FDR but that did not happen

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,158 posts
11,285 battles

I feel compelled to point out there is an operational BOT Bogue in Raptor Rescue. That could very easily be turned into a coal premium CV, debatably at either tier 4 or 6. They already announced that whenever the Essex line comes in, Bogue will not be a part of it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SIM]
Members
5,785 posts
9,263 battles

Eventually we’ll see a CV available for resources, probably Ark Royal and/or Lowenhardt. 

• Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,096 posts
13,161 battles
3 hours ago, Lose_dudes said:

The tech-tree CV's can't perform the tasks you need to accomplish?

[SHRKE]
Members
69 posts
1,632 battles
3 hours ago, Reymu said:

Why would Yorktown and Hornet be reskinned Lexingtons?  Saratoga was the only other Lexington class CV.  Yorktown was it's own class that included Hornet and Enterprise.  If anything they might put out Hornet or Yorktown, I would guess Hornet more given the significance of Doolittle's Raid, to appease those that couldn't get Enterprise. 

Edited by Saydzhi

[HELLS]
Members
2,796 posts
30,456 battles

The current Lexington is Saratoga as fitted out in late 1944. Lexington never carried 5/38 DP twin turrets. She had 4 8-inch twin turrets similar to Number 2 turret of Pensacola until late March 1942, when they were removed at Pearl pending replacement by the 5/38 twins. She never got them before being sunk at Coral Sea. There is room for the two of them in the game, but as was pointed out, only WG knows...

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

You know sometimes i'm such a snob but I would suggest any more premium CVs would require 100 random games in the next lowest tier's CVs, unless of course it is a tier 4 CV.  :cap_old:

• Funny 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,464 posts
13,117 battles
1 hour ago, Saydzhi said:

Why would Yorktown and Hornet be reskinned Lexingtons?  Saratoga was the only other Lexington class CV.  Yorktown was it's own class that included Hornet and Enterprise.  If anything they might put out Hornet or Yorktown, I would guess Hornet more given the significance of Doolittle's Raid, to appease those that couldn't get Enterprise. 

Yorktown is supposed to be in the Alt USN line as a tier 8, which would leave Hornet as a premium.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
14 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The tech-tree CV's can't perform the tasks you need to accomplish?

I really WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT it

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[RSDWG]
Members
532 posts
11,844 battles

I would like to see the (Essex class) USS Bunker Hill CV-17 1943 version for the Operation Cherry Blossom, with the ms-21 (sea blue gray) paint scheme, come out as a premium.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
18 hours ago, iDuckman said:

What are you trying to do?!  Spark an insurrec .. er .. riot ??

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif.2564aa1077cba020748e92cca906602c.gif

Well, um, I REALLY want an Ark Royal. Even if they only put up t10 coal ships, the outrage would still be fun to watch.

• Boring 1