You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
devildog0416

Player Stats.

69 comments in this topic

[MR-1]
Members
186 posts
14,316 battles

I know I can make my stats private, but is there a way to reset them? I have been playing for a little over a year. For a long time, I was the one who YOLO into battle, show broad side to BBs and all of the Noob mistakes and never learned. I have recently started working on how to play better, but because of my reckless play in the past, my stats haunt me. Other players stat shame me to the point my stats are private, but that causes issues as well. Turning off battle chat solves that, but makes it really hard to be a good team player.

Any positive help is welcomed. 

Thank you.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,825 posts
4,285 battles

No, not regularly. Most people who really want to have "good" account stats start a new account after they've learned how to play, though obviously there are major downsides there. I have some vague recollection of WG doing it if you ask them, but I doubt they'll reset your stats without resetting your account. You could send in a ticket and ask though.

If it was me I wouldn't bother. People are going to give you crapregardless. My attitude is gameplay speaks for itself, if you have a 38% WR and carry the team, great. If you have a 60% WR and drive like a potato I'm going to question it. I have a 54% WR and I still get people calling me a trash player on occasion (sometimes I deserve it TBH). My advice is ignore people judging on stats. Either open up your account and let your play speak for itself or hide them and accept that people are going to assume you're hiding something.

Don't worry about stats, they're interesting but don't let them define your game. Heck, might even be an advantage if you have bad numbers, if the enemy team looks they'll underestimate you until it's too late...:cap_cool:

• Cool 11
  • Thanks 1

[-VT-]
Members
803 posts
35,822 battles

You can't change or alter your stats.  Even if you change your name your stats stay with you.

You CAN start a new account.  A "reroll" as they say. And start all over knowing what you know now.  Many people have.

I know your pain.  I made my share of noob mistakes.  Me, I just played through it and my stats gradually improved.

If folks are stat shaming you and offer no constructive criticism then ignore them.  If your clan is shaming you then find another clan.

You be the best you.  Most folks who talk in game know little enough themselves.  If they are berating you then they are either dead or not playing their ship well.   They can't do well and be typing too.  Understand this.  Ignoring them is often the best course.  

If you need folks to help you in your play, mentor you, then seek those folks out and div up with them so they can assist.  Seriously.  Folks will if you but ask them.

Good luck!

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
5,787 posts
7,007 battles

Stats as a number don't matter; it's the whole route to improving that shows how far you have come.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
24 minutes ago, devildog0416 said:

I know I can make my stats private, but is there a way to reset them? I have been playing for a little over a year. For a long time, I was the one who YOLO into battle, show broad side to BBs and all of the Noob mistakes and never learned. I have recently started working on how to play better, but because of my reckless play in the past, my stats haunt me. Other players stat shame me to the point my stats are private, but that causes issues as well. Turning off battle chat solves that, but makes it really hard to be a good team player.

Thank you.

Nope... But if you improved, in the long run.. You stats will reflect that...

Stats of the past, I mean very few will do a stats audit on you... I would not even worry about your stats in that regard.

[MR-1]
Members
186 posts
14,316 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Nope... But if you improved, in the long run.. You stats will reflect that...

Stats of the past, I mean very few will do a stats audit on you... I would not even worry about your stats in that regard.

They are going by whatever stats the Mod Station gives them. PR being the main one I believe. With over 5000 battles and only haveing a 44.34% WR it will take forever to over come all the horrible games I have played. So I guess my best bet is just to remain private for now. 

Members
712 posts
9,741 battles

Don't reroll. The more games you play, the less those noob stats will matter and your overall win rate will steadily inch forward if you are now playing better.

Also,  if you are worried about clans membership then good clans that use stats can easily filter them for recent performance, etc. If you are playing better, a deep dive on your stats will reflect that.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
16 minutes ago, devildog0416 said:

They are going by whatever stats the Mod Station gives them. PR being the main one I believe. With over 5000 battles and only haveing a 44.34% WR it will take forever to over come all the horrible games I have played. So I guess my best bet is just to remain private for now. 

The numbers are numbers, if you're worried about the perception or the interpretation of your numbers... I mean, I disagree with the 3rd party evaluation of player performance...

From a statistics POV.. Your % is only off by %0.7... From %45 to %55 WR, you're at the %90 percentile... Which is normal for WOWS...

If you dont want people looking at you, you can go private, its cool, However bare in mind... All you've done was switch the perception/interpretation from your WOWS numbers, to what you've done in the match...

IMO, players have even higher standards then WOWS stats. So one bad match will be your crucifix... As well, one good match will be the opposite extreme in the minds of those you end up playing against.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Thanks 1

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles

Rerolling is common for the stat obsessed. Instead of doing that I used my stats as a way to show myself my own progress and to have goals to work towards and just finally achieved my long time goal over 13k battles in

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,366 posts
17,012 battles

Person A, good stat 100%

Person B, ave stat 65%

Investigation A only play 1 random battle low tier (t6), B play 12624 battles random (from a range of tier) = I will take B over A ....

1 hour ago, devildog0416 said:

but makes it really hard to be a good team player.

[VAST_]
Members
161 posts
5,327 battles

I'm in the same boat as you OP (see what I did there?) Been working to improve over the last few months and have made some pretty good progress. If it makes you feel any better look yourself up on wows stats and it will show your improvement over the last x period of time. Not all of us have unlimited playing time, and I find that if I don't play for a period of days (i.e. every week while working 10 hr shifts) my skills (such as they are) get dull and take a bit to recover. So maybe you have that going on, idk... no reason to worry about stats, especially about what others have to say about them.

Bottom line, if people are bothering you in chat disable chat for the rest of your session, it really does help. Who needs some reee-sperg manchild raging at them from their mom's basement for not playing your digital boat they way they wanted?

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,096 posts
7,080 battles
2 hours ago, devildog0416 said:

Well  you put out a lot of battles so that is in your favor. Also your main randoms  "only" has 5.7k games on it.   These are 2 things you can combine.  Improve your play then grind out the numbers.  The Nice thing here is when you are already sitting at either end of the extreme then its easy to quickly trend in the other direction.  I watch my account very closely with 4.7 K games each win is still relatively close to a 0.01% gain.  I also celebrate those small victories.  Just think about this for the past 2 years since I have been watching my stats  almost every single month I end up on a new personal best avg.  Just last weekend I touched 57.5  for the first time That is with January being an absolutely terrible month for me.   The way things are trending  I should be well past 58% after summer. Maybe 59% by next Christmas ? Who knows!     The point being  :  Count your small victories and there are many you can claim. 

You can of course make a new account which many have done but I would not do so unless you know 100% for sure you are already moving in the right direction. 

I was going to do a realistic dissection of your stats here but maybe you don't want that in-front of everyone else. If you like I can give you some tips and things to look for. Let me know and I can PM you or do it here.

In the meantime this guide very much will help you: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/9vgr3i/a_guide_how_to_get_good_at_world_of_warships/ 

Edited by eviltane
  • Thanks 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
536 posts
15,485 battles

Ignore your stats, put them public.

Do you play this game for stats or do you play this game for fun?

Trust me, I like you, played the game at the beginning and didn't know what I was doing. Over time, I improved my stats to 50%. Took a while but I did it.

I've run match maker monitor and it greatly changed my outlook on the game. There are just some games you won't win no matter what you do. IN those games I try to get as much damage as I can get before going down swinging.

If you use WOWS Numbers, don't look at your overall stats, just look at your stats charts. Are they improving? If yes, then you are on the right track.

Who cares what your stats are or what my stats are. This is just a game.

Members
211 posts
9,829 battles

I have a stock response for anyone who want to stat-shame me: "When you have something of actual value to contribute, you know where the chat is. If you feel like this is your personal vent space, I'll just blacklist you until you figure out you're wrong."

• Cool 2

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,905 battles

First off, those who have the time to look up your stats and comment on them in game chat are almost certainly already dead.  Anyone who's actually playing is WAY too busy trying to survive for the next 30 seconds to look up and critically evaluate some one else's stats.  Do you really think the DEAD guys are the ones who know the most about playing the game?  No, I suspect the best players are the ones who know how to live longer.  So...ignore 'em.  Generally, I'm too busy to respond, but if I DO have time and decide to respond, my usual answer will be something like, "You're supposed to be dead.  Why don't you act like it?"

Personally, I wouldn't hide your stats.  Own 'em.  There ARE people out there who will be glad to help you get better, and being able to see your stats will help them help you.  Also, when I recruit for my clan, I ALWAYS look not just at a players averages, but also his RECENT stats, and which way they're trending.  I mean, we ALL started out as potatoes.  Some of us still are, and some of us got better.  A very few of us got lots better.  Use your stats to help you improve.

Kinda funny true story:  A few months ago, I tossed one of those hail mary salvos over an island at a cruiser on the other side.  He was spotted, buy I didn't have LOS, so just had to estimate where to aim.  I estimated well, and the salvo took half the guy's health.  I moved on to other things.  A few minutes later, I noticed in game chat that the guy had called me a "noob cheater".  What was funny was that one of my team mates had replied to the effect that it was hilarious to see a guy with under 200 games calling a guy with over 5000 games a noob.  Moral of story:  don't assume they guy criticizing you is actually a better player than you are.  Maybe, but there are plenty of players out there who woefully overestimate their own abilities.

• Cool 1

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles

Stats are useful if the person knows how to read/interpret them. Any meaningful feedback on your stats will come from people that took the time to analyze them, ... as for the others that know only to read your whole career average... pity them and ignore them.

[TMS]
Members
3,791 posts
36,980 battles
3 hours ago, devildog0416 said:

Thank you.

If you are playing well then your stats will not matter because they will have no reason to look at them.

They only look at them if you are playing bad.

And if they only look at your overall and not recent then don't worry about it.

Edited by Final8ty

[KIA-C]
Members
3,673 posts
16,228 battles

There's no way to reset stats other than rerolling. But if you already invested a lot in your current account, this is not worth doing it IMO

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,691 posts
10,099 battles
55 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

First off, those who have the time to look up your stats and comment on them in game chat are almost certainly already dead. 

With matchmaking monitor it doesn’t take much time (though the monitor does break down quite often, when WG is messing with their APIs or whatever).

OP, I would just unhide your stats if I were you. Vast majority of players don’t care, and those that do mostly assume that people with hidden stats are hiding something red. 

[TMS]
Members
3,791 posts
36,980 battles
21 minutes ago, vak_ said:

With matchmaking monitor it doesn’t take much time (though the monitor does break down quite often, when WG is messing with their APIs or whatever).

OP, I would just unhide your stats if I were you. Vast majority of players don’t care, and those that do mostly assume that people with hidden stats are hiding something red. 

Because most of the time they are.

And just today i see someone in battle who trolls on the forum that he hides his stats just to annoy people and for no other reason.

Survives all game(15mins battle) to only get 191 XP in a win. Being bad is one thing, it is what it is but being a troll and running there mouth as well is asking for it.

330293243_suckyhiddenstats.thumb.png.520422a2676b36c049dd0a387fc18881.png

Edited by Final8ty

[TORCH]
Members
697 posts
17,905 battles
1 hour ago, vak_ said:

I would guess that most players who comment on stats in-game are indeed using MMM.  I don't use MMM myself, so I may well be wrong (correct me if I am), but I think what it gives is the player's stats in the current ship, rather than their overall PR/WR.  Also, it doesn't give you much detail - the kind of detail you need to REALLY evaluate a player.  If that's true, then it seems to me to be a rather crude tool for evaluating player skills, and also a dangerous one.

• Cool 2

[TMS]
Members
3,791 posts
36,980 battles
2 hours ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

I would guess that most players who comment on stats in-game are indeed using MMM.  I don't use MMM myself, so I may well be wrong (correct me if I am), but I think what it gives is the player's stats in the current ship, rather than their overall PR/WR.  Also, it doesn't give you much detail - the kind of detail you need to REALLY evaluate a player.  If that's true, then it seems to me to be a rather crude tool for evaluating player skills, and also a dangerous one.

It gives current ship and over all and with a click takes you to wowsnumbers for that player for all the detail.

And its very accurate if you know how to asses the information.

Its mostly used to plan out how you are going to play that battle and not to pick on players for having bad stats because you will be typing more than playing seeing as they make up the majority.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Haha 1

[WOLF6]
Members
204 posts
7,239 battles
10 hours ago, Sabene said:

You CAN start a new account.  A "reroll" as they say. And start all over knowing what you know now.  Many people have.

give up all the ships you grinded, all the premiums you bought, the captains you got, all the progress because of some a-holes...screw that.  i refuse to give people that kind of power over me.  nor do i have time to play two accounts

in another thread someone mentioned that you can ask wargaming to reset your account, everything starts fresh except you get to keep your premiums.

Edited by iBrowEcc0
  • Cool 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,654 posts
10,670 battles
10 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Stats as a number don't matter; it's the whole route to improving that shows how far you have come.

Apparently WoWs Stats & numbers has charts that can go back pretty much to the beginning of when WoWs Stats & numbers starting tracking your stats.

My charts show a rather dramatic increase about the time I joined my first WoWs gaming community and then pretty much stagnate for the last 2 years, lol.

image.png