Sign in to follow this  
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Did WG Ever Lower Duke of York Citadel Back Down?

6 comments in this topic

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles

Before taking a break from the game for little while they had raised the citadel on my DOY rendering her a lot less usable than she had been. Has WG reversed this error or is she still eating far too many citadels?  Her Armor was always fairly soft, but was compensated for by a low citadel. After the adjustment in Summer or Fall of 2020 she started taking citadel hits like 75% of the time she got hit it seemed like.

Hoping she is ok now, since with the fact we now need 21 point captains to generate ECXP, I will be needing DOY to take her turn with my RN BB captain to speed up training process. But at the same time I don’t want to hurt DOY’s pre nerf stats.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,760 posts
6,009 battles

No, and it was never an error.  British Tier VII+ BBs had their citadels raised and as a KGV class BB DoY's was raised the same as KGV.  DoY did get an additional RP charge though.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,565 posts
11,054 battles

I remember when this happened. I was amused by how many people that professed to be against nerfing premiums were ok with it because DoY has never been a “good” premium and/or people hate HE-slinging BBs.

Edited by Nevermore135

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,255 posts
16,116 battles

Been playing a lot of DoY past week for the campaign.  She seems decent on her armor when in tier, but doesn't up tier well.  I think the thing that bothers me the most is even though she is faster and has quicker rudder than a KGV, she seems MORE sluggish than a KGV.  She turns like a tub of goo....

Members
400 posts
26 battles
On 2/9/2021 at 9:01 PM, Morpheous said:

Been playing a lot of DoY past week for the campaign.  She seems decent on her armor when in tier, but doesn't up tier well.  I think the thing that bothers me the most is even though she is faster and has quicker rudder than a KGV, she seems MORE sluggish than a KGV.  She turns like a tub of goo....

Actually she has the same speed (28knts) but worse rudder shift than a fully upgraded KGV.

DoY has 17.5s rudder whilst KGV with the upgraded B Hull has a 15s rudder shift

She's is unsurprisingly faster and turns better than KGV's stock A hull (21s RS) and Engine (26.6knts)

No idea why given how similar the sister-ships naturally otherwise are.

And yes, I find the rudder shift is the most painful thing about DoY, which I otherwise also rather like.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c461a4567b402732efd6ec6e43335841.png

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,255 posts
16,116 battles
7 hours ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

Actually she has the same speed (28knts) but worse rudder shift than a fully upgraded KGV.

DoY has 17.5s rudder whilst KGV with the upgraded B Hull has a 15s rudder shift

She's is unsurprisingly faster and turns better than KGV's stock A hull (21s RS) and Engine (26.6knts)

No idea why given how similar the sister-ships naturally otherwise are.

And yes, I find the rudder shift is the most painful thing about DoY, which I otherwise also rather like.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.c461a4567b402732efd6ec6e43335841.png

duhh I for got about the upgraded hull... Yeah I actually use the rudder shift over the damage control...don't seem to miss the DC, but just being able to turn a bit better helps.   This ship really needs her spotter plane.

Sign in to follow this