You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Max Immelmann New Aircraft Carrier Is On Steroids And Just Owned Our Team

45 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
277 posts

Just got out of a game with the new CV on opposing team and all I gotta say is WOW!!! It killed 4 of our ships and I found it really hard to get away from. I was in a Minotaur which has decent AA but I just kept praying it would go after the next target and not me. He did get close a few times and I shot down 13 planes but it seemed he launched them so fast as every time I turned around there was another full squadron coming across the map. I do give a lot of credit to the Captain as he kept our pertinent ships spotted for the team to focus on so that in itself is just skill and not anything to do with how powerful the CV is. Don't get me wrong though, it is powerful or so it seemed to me and all the griping my team mates were doing. I saw him go after a ship near me 3 times and by the 3rd round the ship was done for.  I took one skip bomb for 4013 damage but he wasn't focusing on me too much. 

All in all it was a nightmare and I'm thinking of just sticking to the Halland with all the CV popularity these days. At least in that ship I don't fear them. In fact sometimes in the Halland I actually steer into the planes so I can shoot more down lol

NewShip.jpg

Edited by Lord_Argus
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 5

[ROXY]
Members
386 posts
1,617 battles

I faced so far 10 Max's, you described above it's the captain of the ship. Not the ship itself. Now, all CV's are OP some more than others.

The Max is a Kaga at tier X with "Hoppy bombers" replacing the original AP DB, and does not have access to attack aircraft. It has large plane reserves, but have low HP planes. The TB even lower than MvR's.

About dealing huge chunks of damage to teammates, the TB consist of 4 planes per attack run carrying a payload of torpedoes identical to Graf Zeppelins. The HE DBs act the same way, 4 per attack run using HE bombs similar to E. Lowenhartds. These attacks can deal huge amounts of damage if the player does not dodge or react the right way to the attack. Probably one reason why your teammates failed to react is because they do not check the Dev blog thus do not know how the ship works.

Any CV can be a boss in the hands of a unicum CV.

More than likely it was a unicum ST.

Edited by ___Sakura
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,119 posts
5,505 battles
2 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

I faced so far 10 Max's, you described above it's the captain of the ship. Not the ship itself. Now, all CV's are OP some more than others.

The Max is a Kaga at tier X with "Hoppy bombers" replacing the original AP DB, and does not have access to attack aircraft. It has large plane reserves, but have low HP planes. The TB even lower than MvR's.

Perfectly summed up, my friend.

- Shrayes

• Thanks 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,878 posts
24,820 battles
5 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

About dealing huge chunks of damage to teammates, the TB consist of 4 planes per attack run carrying a payload of torpedoes identical to Graf Zeppelins. The HE DBs act the same way, 4 per attack run using HE bombs similar to E. Lowenhartds. These attacks can deal huge amounts of damage if the player does not dodge or react the right way to the attack.

So, the usual brokenness. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,837 posts
14,882 battles

That ST is obviously a good high tier CV player but I don't think fifth place on the winning team is owning. 

• Cool 3

[ROXY]
Members
386 posts
1,617 battles
18 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

NewShip.jpg

Thank you for providing the screenshot (I hope this doesn't violate forum rules), the player in the CV is a VERY good CV player. Since we do not have the stats of Max, we will look at his MvR stats. Capture.thumb.PNG.28ab55079e159f9740739d66511ce7b6.PNG

So given the information you provided, it's no surprise the player was capable of being a boss in this ship.

• Cool 3

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
22 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

These attacks can deal huge amounts of damage if the player does not dodge

Oh yes, how could we forget the old "Just Dodge" method.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[WKY04]
Members
3,878 posts
24,820 battles
20 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Errrr.....

No

So then, novel brokenness. 

[PRVTR]
Members
1,119 posts
5,505 battles
1 minute ago, Pugilistic said:

So then, novel brokenness. 

More like...oh I don't know, what's the word...

Inattentiveness

-Shrayes

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[ROXY]
Members
386 posts
1,617 battles
3 minutes ago, hateboat said:

You clearly didn't get what I meant, if you kept reading I also said "reacted the right way". You are right in a way about how the excuse "Just dodge" is dumb, but at the same time you can easily dodge torpedoes that move 35 knots or in a DD and some CA you can dodge the skippy bombs coming in that take 7 seconds or so.

There are things you cannot dodge like rockets or bombs, or even torpedoes from other CVs.

• Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,837 posts
14,882 battles
23 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

Thank you for providing the screenshot (I hope this doesn't violate forum rules), the player in the CV is a VERY good CV player. Since we do not have the stats of Max, we will look at his MvR stats. Capture.thumb.PNG.28ab55079e159f9740739d66511ce7b6.PNG

So given the information you provided, it's no surprise the player was capable of being a boss in this ship.

Naming and faming is fine.

17 minutes ago, hateboat said:

Far too often I see people that don't even try to make the CV player work for the shot. Maneuvering can reduce the damage taken by a large amount. If you don't dodge you are giving them a free shot.

10 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

You clearly didn't get what I meant, if you kept reading I also said "reacted the right way". You are right in a way about how the excuse "Just dodge" is dumb, but at the same time you can easily dodge torpedoes that move 35 knots or in a DD and some CA you can dodge the skippy bombs coming in that take 7 seconds or so.

There are things you cannot dodge like rockets or bombs, or even torpedoes from other CVs.

Even rockets can be reduced in effectiveness. Torpedoes can be hard to dodge for any ship with a very slow rudder, BB's and some cruisers but if you are maneuvering before they commit to the run you can fubar that pass.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
4 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

You clearly didn't get what I meant,

Oh, don't worry I understand, but I just couldn't resist the "dodge" reference anyway. It is "just" such an infamous cliché in this game.

5 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

(snip .. yawn .. snip)

You cannot really dodge Cv attacks, but you can try to mitigate dmg by positioning. But "Just position to mitigate damage"  isn't as catchy..

As for MIs torpedos, if they are the same as Graf Zeppelins, then the planes will be very agile, and quite capable of surprising many a dd.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[NUWES]
Members
3,377 posts
12,219 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Argus said:

Just got out of a game with the new CV on opposing team and all I gotta say is WOW!!! It killed 4 of our ships and I found it really hard to get away from. I was in a Minotaur which has decent AA but I just kept praying it would go after the next target and not me. He did get close a few times and I shot down 13 planes but it seemed he launched them so fast as every time I turned around there was another full squadron coming across the map. I do give a lot of credit to the Captain as he kept our pertinent ships spotted for the team to focus on so that in itself is just skill and not anything to do with how powerful the CV is. Don't get me wrong though, it is powerful or so it seemed to me and all the griping my team mates were doing. I saw him go after a ship near me 3 times and by the 3rd round the ship was done for.  I took one skip bomb for 4013 damage but he wasn't focusing on me too much. 

All in all it was a nightmare and I'm thinking of just sticking to the Halland with all the CV popularity these days. At least in that ship I don't fear them. In fact sometimes in the Halland I actually steer into the planes so I can shoot more down lol

NewShip.jpg

I don't understand your assertion. He was 5th on the team. How exactly did he "own" your team more than the Thunderer, the Smolensk, the DM and the Zao, all of whom actually contributed more to the win than the CV did? He got 4 kills but that still didn't get him to the top spot and suggests that some of those kills were cripples he finished off. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,908 posts
7,738 battles

If they released mediocre ship, nobody would want it, thus new broken ship is the name of the game.  Enjoy, comrade.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,908 posts
7,738 battles
7 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

I don't understand your assertion. He was 5th on the team. How exactly did he "own" your team more than the Thunderer, the Smolensk, the DM and the Zao, all of whom actually contributed more to the win than the CV did? He got 4 kills but that still didn't get him to the top spot and suggests that some of those kills were cripples he finished off. 

I'm tardd

Edited by CV_Jeebies

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,936 posts
15,722 battles

With the CV XP economy I would say the red CV had a pretty good and impactful game, but ultimately your team had a lot of issues (AFK for one) and theirs had 5 people with >2k BXP on the win.

From the score card I'd say your CV didn't perform too well, lower-middle of the scoreboard on a blowout in which they should have lived longer than most and had more opportunity. Feeding 60 plane kills to a Zao somehow.

My own experience with Immelmann is that it's annoying, but ultimately just trades rockets for very-samey side-attacking HE bombs which is a bit pointless.

700 MVR games is a bit insane, but some people like their OP toys.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,270 posts
10,472 battles

Looking at the AFK Shima and the bottom 10 members of your team with one kill...

But yeah... it was the CV.  For sure the CV.  I mean what else could it have been, right?

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,198 posts
12,767 battles
2 hours ago, ___Sakura said:

If it was 6 kills, then there'd be cause for concern, but 4? :Smile_veryhappy:

[NUWES]
Members
3,377 posts
12,219 battles
43 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Well the CV got the most XP in the game with no kills -- You don't get to see that due to CV XP nerf...

He got the 5th highest xp with four kills. That strongly suggests he didn't to most of the killing and the ones ahead of them were responsible for most of the damage. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,377 posts
12,219 battles
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

If it was 6 kills, then there'd be cause for concern, but 4? :Smile_veryhappy:

Not just that, he had four kills and wasn't even close to the top performer. The top two had three each.  We can't be sure without the replay but that suggests he didn't do most of the damage, but rather finished off cripples. 

[SIM]
Members
5,778 posts
9,263 battles

So you’re saying that he...took it to the Max? :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,198 posts
12,767 battles
1 hour ago, Tzarevitch said:

but rather finished off cripples. 

Which is the psuedo role of CVs; working as intended. Not to mention his SC of the team score proved his team either:

1) had no business in t10

Or

2) totally sucked. 

There wers only three ships on his team that broached 1k xp and the OP wasn't one of them.

Meanwhile, that Thunderor, Des Moines and Zao truly carried that red team to an astounding victory; even with a practically afk Gearing. 

:cap_haloween:

However, one thing the OP failed to point out and what I did notice: there were five premiums on the enemy team; none on his. Those premiums were:

1) Thunderer (being removed)

2) Shikishima (Competitive)

3) Smolensk (removed)

4) Max. Immelman (Testing)

5) Slava (Nightmare)

The OP's team had no counterweight in their lineup. Smolensknand Thunderer have their own reputation and there's no need to mention Slava.

Meanwhile the OP's fleet were completed composed of not only ordinary ships, but older vanilla ones. It was as if his/her team was hand picked to test the efficiency of those ships post rework: amazing...

Edited by Crokodone

[SALVO]
Members
3,089 posts
7,058 battles

To wade in to the debate or not to wade in to the debate. 

Lets do it. ! 

3 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

All in all I am  NOT a friend of CVs.  I wish they were straight up non existent in the game or at this point I would even prefer the old RTS ones and the old AA back. At least those CVs had a semblance of reality about them both in control scheme and in that they could shut each other down.  Before anyone comes and rants at me I very very much remember getting double dropped and deleted in one go. I also remember ranting against CVs then.  THey are a plague upon this game.   

THAT having been said  dear Lord_Argus as far as that screenshot goes there doesn't seem to be anything suspicious or OP from the scoreboard.  I have faced the bouncing bombs and they certainly are special but nothing OP.  You faced a superior team with a very skilled CV captain.  However again 4 more of their players scored over 2000. With a 6th getting close to 2k .   While at the same time your own team mates achieved very little.  

1 hour ago, mofton said:

With the CV XP economy I would say the red CV had a pretty good and impactful game

1 hour ago, Tzarevitch said:

He got the 5th highest xp with four kills. That strongly suggests he didn't to most of the killing and the ones ahead of them were responsible for most of the damage. 

These 2 posts should meet and talk it out.   I don't remember right now did WG disclose how much the CV economy got nerfed?  Overall I think its pretty telling how OP CVs are in general when their entire class is scored lower then any other class. 

1 hour ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Well the CV got the most XP in the game with no kills -- You don't get to see that due to CV XP nerf...

You di

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles

Others have already said enough, so I’ll only say this:

I saw a red one in the morning, it got sunk by a Z-52 and it wasn’t the last red ship sunk.