Snargfargle

It's Not My Fault I'm an Idiot

29 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,443 posts

A woman is considering suing Gorilla Glue after she used their product on her hair instead of hairspray, claiming that the can said to not get it on your skin but said nothing about not using it on your hair. One of these days our society is going to collapse under its own stupidity.

Woman Who Put Gorilla Glue in Hair Gets No Relief at ER, Might Sue (tmz.com) 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,771 posts
10,923 battles

We talked about this last night.  

I am no longer surprised by the things people do.

I am not at all certain she will lose the case.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
7 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

We talked about this last night.  

I am no longer surprised by the things people do.

I am not at all certain she will lose the case.

You think no one's stupider? Just take a stroll in wot forums. They'd rather live in the stone age.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,771 posts
10,923 battles
4 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

You think no one's stupider? Just take a stroll in wot forums. They'd rather live in the stone age.

Than putting Gorilla glue in one's hair?

C'mon that stuff holds stuff together forever.  The gorilla grunts (says) so.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Than putting Gorilla glue in one's hair?

C'mon that stuff holds stuff together forever.  The gorilla grunts (says) so.

I think they somehow think that crew 2.0 keeps the same skills but nerfs commander amount and skill cost, and their reasons for believing this are all great depression style claims (It'll be too late when it goes to test!). Every update is a nerf. Obviously.

[K-POP]
Members
4,846 posts
13,415 battles

And as with many other warning labels, you have the legally required ones that actually make sense, the ones where the lawyers were trying to figure out the stupid things people would try before they turn into lawsuits, the ones from lawsuits that really should have been there, and the ones from lawsuits that just leave you questioning humanity. Do not stick hands/feet under running lawnmower; do not use as a dental tool (on a construction drill)... I have a feeling this will result in another warning label for that category. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,320 posts
13,160 battles
35 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

A woman is considering suing Gorilla Glue after she used their product on her hair instead of hairspray, claiming that the can said to not get it on your skin but said nothing about not using it on your hair. One of these days our society is going to collapse under its own stupidity.

Woman Who Put Gorilla Glue in Hair Gets No Relief at ER, Might Sue (tmz.com) 

a person has to dig into the details to see that woman who sued McDonalds in the infamous coffee spill lawsuit had a merit able claim of damages.

turns out -McDonalds was using pressure boilers to heat water past boiling temperature, in an attempt to be ensure customers who ordered coffee for others could deliver hot normal temp coffee.   

[WOLFG]
Members
11,771 posts
10,923 battles
9 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

a person has to dig into the details to see that woman who sued McDonalds in the infamous coffee spill lawsuit had a merit able claim of damages.

turns out -McDonalds was using pressure boilers to heat water past boiling temperature, in an attempt to be ensure customers who ordered coffee for others could deliver hot normal temp coffee.   

(near) Superheating liquids has a few positive uses.  I am not sure coffee should be one of them.

[TAZ]
Members
877 posts

This woman used the wrong product, there is a hair care product, I think it is called "Gorilla Snot" which is used to keep her weave in place. NOT Gorilla Glue.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,791 battles

I don't know what's worse - her using permanent glue in her hair or those yokels who are funding her medical bills. 

Unfortunately, she doesn't get a Darwin award from me because even though her action was beyond stupid, she was smart enough to seek money from the crowd.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
6 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I don't know what's worse - her using permanent glue in her hair or those yokels who are funding her medical bills. 

Unfortunately, she doesn't get a Darwin award from me because even though her action was beyond stupid, she was smart enough to seek money from the crowd.

multi-use paint thinner: DO NOT USE ON FACE

'Hey, they never said I couldn't eat it!'

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,443 posts
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

as with many other warning labels

It's usually prudent to heed warning labels.

US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

[TFFOX]
Members
1,089 posts
2,801 battles

What kind of Dumb-aft puts GORILLA GLUE in their hair?!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,855 posts
14,882 battles
2 hours ago, skillztowin said:

Then the McDonald's lawyers tried to super low ball the compensation and they had already had many complaints on the coffee being too hot.

2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

(near) Superheating liquids has a few positive uses.  I am not sure coffee should be one of them.

It made for a longer hold time which meant they didn't have to toss the coffee as often. The savings was probably cents a pot but spread that out over all the corporate owned stores and it adds up to a good savings over a year.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,771 posts
10,923 battles
59 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Then the McDonald's lawyers tried to super low ball the compensation and they had already had many complaints on the coffee being too hot.

Yeah, a friend and I had talked about this.

And really, handing out something that hot to the general public would seem like a bad idea in some circles.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,855 posts
14,882 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yeah, a friend and I had talked about this.

And really, handing out something that hot to the general public would seem like a bad idea in some circles.

It was a decision made by the accounts because they would save X dollars a year.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,443 posts
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It was a decision made by the accounts because they would save X dollars a year.

Some employers would literally nickel and dime you to death if they had their way. My Dad told a story of when he was a kid back in the 40s loading bales for a farmer. Between truckloads the farmer had him run over and hoe the cotton so that he wouldn't be idle for even the five minutes it took for a new hay trailer to return from the barn. When my grandpa, a farmer himself, heard of this he put a stop to it.

Ironically, twenty-five years later I worked for a similar farmer. If I stopped the tractor for a minute to take a drink of water or get down to take a leak he would come tearing out to the field yelling at me to get back to work. I even had to eat lunch on the go, while he and his family sat down for a meal. I put up with this all summer because I didn't know any better, being only 14. Back in school, I mentioned to a classmate what a jerk the farmer I'd worked for was and my classmate said that he'd quit after only two weeks working for the <bleeper>, and the guy was his uncle.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,662 posts
25,143 battles

That woman is the reason there are "Do Not Drink" labels on gasoline pumps................. I always figured that anyone stupid enough to drink gas, probably can not read. This woman proves my theory wrong.... 

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

In all honesty, I had conflicted feelings about this case...

I thought it was staged because... How could you have used the glue product on your hair and NOT seek help for 3 weeks??

For 3 weeks she had the glued hair due...

Then I felt sorry for her because she had me thinking, she made an honest  horrible mistake.. She was asking for help for a legitimate problem. Granted, it was of her making... 

I can relate... I done stupid things in life as well... Must recently, drinking wine while on antibiotics... Yup I messed up and my family made fun of my misgivings for days...

As you can see... I went from laughing at her, to feeling empathy for her and her own created struggles.

Edited by Navalpride33

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,443 posts
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I went from laughing at her, to feeling empathy for her and her own created struggles.

If it were a kid or someone mentally ill who glued their hair down then then I'd feel sorry for them but normal adults must suffer the consequences of their actions and learn from them. This person probably has never had to take responsibility for her own actions because she has thus far gotten away with playing on people's sympathies. The problem lies not so much in her doing something stupid but in not taking responsibility for it and instead blaming the glue company.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

instead blaming the glue company.

We know its going to be tossed by the judge..

This will never raise or hold any prestige...

So the "twinkie" defense of 1979, still carries the title as the must outrageous defense arguement victory in modern Judicial history :Smile_veryhappy:

Its safe from the contender of gorilla hair girl...

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

@Snargfargle

I found a Supreme court reference in the "Twinky" defense that made me smile

"During oral Supreme Court arguments in United States v. Gonzalez-Lopez, 548 U.S. 140 (2006), Justice Antonin Scalia referred to the Twinkie defense with regard to the right to counsel of choice as perhaps more important than the right to effective assistance of counsel: "I don't want a competent lawyer. I want a lawyer who's going to get me off. I want a lawyer who will invent the Twinkie defense. ... I would not consider the Twinkie defense an invention of a competent lawyer. But I want a lawyer who's going to win for me."[7]"

Edited by Navalpride33

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,221 posts
22,791 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

You mean someone other than WG uses spreadsheets?