Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Italian BB event will be a Token one with insane #'s needed like US BB Split event was

80 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
13,436 posts
28,209 battles

WG has give a tiny early access peak into the early access Italian BB event for update 0.10.1 and it looks an awful lot like what we had with the US BB Split event and an insane amount of tokens needed to get stuff. The rate we can gather them is not given, just the amounts needed, but oh boy if this event is anything like past ones you will need to spend a LOT to get everything.

The info was given in a News Article about how you can get missions by watching WOWS Streams that award tokens (no mention on what the missions are, what modes will be allowed Co-op? - how many you get, etc...). This one here...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/watch-streams-get-italian-tokens/

In that article they lay out the cost and what you can get with the tokens. Please note the list is missing some of the ships in early access we were told we could get. WG stated this on the Dev Blog...

In Update 0.10.1, Italian battleships IV Dante Alighieri, V Conte di Cavour, VI Andrea Doria, VII Francesco Caracciolo, VIII Vittorio Veneto and IX Lepanto will appear in Early Access.

So, they originally said T4-T9 would be in early access and a perma would be available for the T10 (saw that in some article about T10) yet the list in the article only shows being able to get camos for the T7 and T9. Maybe the 2 missing ships are acquired via a different way (RNG Doubloon bundles maybe?) or they changed their mind? We will have to wait and see I guess. Seems strange you can get the T8 but not the T7 at least.

But FWIW this is what they are showing we can get for Tokens...

• T4 Dante Alighieri + Port Slot + 3pt Captain = 800 Tokens (wonder how they will handle it for those of us who already got this ship through Twitch Prime?)
  • T5 Cavour + Port Slot + 3pt Captain = 1400 Tokens
  • T6 Andrea Doria  + Port Slot + 3pt Captain = 3000 Tokens
  • T7 Francesco Caracciolo "Roman" Perma Camo + 8X Regia Marina + 60X Standard Flags (4 @ 15X each) = 2000 Tokens (this shows perma camo only no ship)
  • T8 Vittorio Veneto "Legion" Perma Camo + 10X Regia Marina + 80X Standard Flags (4 @ 20X each) = 4000 Tokens (this show perma camo only no ship)
  • T8 Vittorio Veneto + Port Slot + 10pt Captain = 12,000 Tokens
  • T9 Lepanto "Legion" Perma Camo + 30X Regia Marina + 90X Dragon Flags (3 @ 30X each) + 4.5 Millions Credits = 12,000 Tokens (this show perma camo only no ship)
  • T10 Cristoforo Colombo "Legion" Perma Camo + 30X Regia Marina + 90X Dragon Flags (3 @ 30X each) + 4.5 Million Credits = 12,000 Tokens

So to get "everything" offered for Tokens you will need  47,200 Tokens. Now this is not even close to the amount of Tokens needed for the US BB Split Event but it remains to be seen how many we can get for X amount of effort and/or $$$. It will all come down to how many we get for each way to acquire them. It is fewer needed this time but if they give out fewer it won't be any easier.

So no T7 or T9 ship shown. How will we get those if we can? Dev Blog said they would be part of early access so I can only think RNG based Doubloon bundles in the Armory for those 2. Also will be curious how they handle the T4 situation as many of us got it already. Will that negate the need for those 800 Tokens so we can use them elsewhere or do we still need to use them and then get credits?

EDIT - The T7 will be the reward for completing all of the Event Directives like Kansas was during the US BB Split Event (so the T7 is a free reward ship). The T9 will come from RNG Doubloon bundles in the Armory. Thanks to  @MidnightPhoenix07 and @Ghawain for the info. You can read about it here... (stupid me only looked on the Dev Blog :fish_palm:)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/bulletin-0101/

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,816 posts
10,979 battles

Hopefully there will be other things we can buy for tokens, because a T4 tech tree ship I can grind to in a few games in coop through the cruiser line isn't anything special.

Members
1,918 posts
27,840 battles

It just gets easier and easier to care less and less...

• Cool 20
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
210 posts
9,010 battles

I seem to recall a Dev Blog stating the T9 would be from one of those annoying random bundle things :|. They like to give one ship away from directives, so maybe the T7 drops there?

Edited by Ghawain
  • Cool 1

[K-POP]
Members
4,854 posts
13,482 battles

From the 10.1 developer bulletin: the t7 will be the final reward from the directives (like Kansas was), and the t9 will be in the doubloon bundles. As for the number of tokens you can get, earlier in the article it states “The number of Tokens that can be gained by completing combat mission groups will be enough to obtain Italian Tier IV–VI battleships and permanent camouflage Roman for the Tier VII battleship.” So assuming those figures don’t change before Wednesday, completing all of the directives will give you the first four ships in the line (t4-7) plus the t7 camo for free, implying that the final four token bundles (the t8 and the top three permacamos) are only available if you spend doubloons. 

And for those that got the t4 from the prime reward, do you really think WG would allow you to skip the first bundle and use those tokens for later ones?

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Members
400 posts
26 battles

I pretty much use the early access to tech tree token events to buy camo anyway and play the line (if at all) 2 months later when it's in the tech tree.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,436 posts
28,209 battles
11 minutes ago, Ghawain said:

I seem to recall a Dev Blog stating the T9 would be from one of those annoying random bundle things :|. They like to give one ship away from directives, so maybe the T7 drops there?

2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

From the 10.1 developer bulletin: the t7 will be the final reward from the directives (like Kansas was), and the t9 will be in the doubloon bundles. As for the number of tokens you can get, earlier in the article it states “The number of Tokens that can be gained by completing combat mission groups will be enough to obtain Italian Tier IV–VI battleships and permanent camouflage Roman for the Tier VII battleship.” So assuming those figures don’t change before Wednesday, completing all of the directives will give you the first four ships in the line (t4-7) plus the t7 camo for free, implying that the final four token bundles (the t8 and the top three permacamos) are only available if you spend doubloons. 

Good info you two. Thanks.

:cap_like:

[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,839 battles

I got the T4 from twitch prime, I wonder if I have to buy it again with tokens.

[PVE]
Members
5,108 posts
22,629 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

WG has give a tiny early access peak into the early access Italian BB event for update 0.10.1 and it looks an awful lot like what we had with the US BB Split event and an insane amount of tokens needed to get stuff. The rate we can gather them is not given, just the amounts needed, but oh boy if this event is anything like past ones you will need to spend a LOT to get everything.

The info was given in a News Article about how you can get missions by watching WOWS Streams that award tokens (no mention on what the missions are, what modes will be allowed Co-op? - how many you get, etc...). This one here...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/watch-streams-get-italian-tokens/

In that article they lay out the cost and what you can get with the tokens. Please note the list is missing some of the ships in early access we were told we could get. WG stated this on the Dev Blog...

In Update 0.10.1, Italian battleships IV Dante Alighieri, V Conte di Cavour, VI Andrea Doria, VII Francesco Caracciolo, VIII Vittorio Veneto and IX Lepanto will appear in Early Access.

So, they originally said T4-T9 would be in early access and a perma would be available for the T10 (saw that in some article about T10) yet the list in the article only shows being able to get camos for the T7 and T9. Maybe the 2 missing ships are acquired via a different way (RNG Doubloon bundles maybe?) or they changed their mind? We will have to wait and see I guess. Seems strange you can get the T8 but not the T7 at least.

But FWIW this is what they are showing we can get for Tokens...

• T4 Dante Alighieri + Port Slot + 3pt Captain = 800 Tokens (wonder how they will handle it for those of us who already got this ship through Twitch Prime?)
  • T5 Cavour + Port Slot + 3pt Captain = 1400 Tokens
  • T6 Andrea Doria  + Port Slot + 3pt Captain = 3000 Tokens
  • T7 Francesco Caracciolo "Roman" Perma Camo + 8X Regia Marina + 60X Standard Flags (4 @ 15X each) = 2000 Tokens (this shows perma camo only no ship)
  • T8 Vittorio Veneto "Legion" Perma Camo + 10X Regia Marina + 80X Standard Flags (4 @ 20X each) = 4000 Tokens (this show perma camo only no ship)
  • T8 Vittorio Veneto + Port Slot + 10pt Captain = 12,000 Tokens
  • T9 Lepanto "Legion" Perma Camo + 30X Regia Marina + 90X Dragon Flags (3 @ 30X each) + 4.5 Millions Credits = 12,000 Tokens (this show perma camo only no ship)
  • T10 Cristoforo Colombo "Legion" Perma Camo + 30X Regia Marina + 90X Dragon Flags (3 @ 30X each) + 4.5 Million Credits = 12,000 Tokens

So to get "everything" offered for Tokens you will need  47,200 Tokens. Now this is not even close to the amount of Tokens needed for the US BB Split Event but it remains to be seen how many we can get for X amount of effort and/or $$$. It will all come down to how many we get for each way to acquire them. It is fewer needed this time but if they give out fewer it won't be any easier.

So no T7 or T9 ship shown. How will we get those if we can? Dev Blog said they would be part of early access so I can only think RNG based Doubloon bundles in the Armory for those 2. Also will be curious how they handle the T4 situation as many of us got it already. Will that negate the need for those 800 Tokens so we can use them elsewhere or do we still need to use them and then get credits?

Thanks for the information, co-fearless leader.......  But, I'm not an Italian Navy kinda of player and more of any effort will be for "free stuff".....  Anything more, not worth the time since I'm not an Italian Navy fan at all.........pass.  Free stuff = OK.

Again thanks for the heads up.

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,816 posts
10,979 battles
6 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

And for those that got the t4 from the prime reward, do you really think WG would allow you to skip the first bundle and use those tokens for later ones?

Well, there may be something to play for then.

[K-POP]
Members
4,854 posts
13,482 battles
2 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I got the T4 from twitch prime, I wonder if I have to buy it again with tokens.

This is WG. Of course you’ll have to buy it again, and then get credits for the duplicate ship. Do you really think they’d let you use those tokens for a later bundle (basically giving you 800 free tokens) when they can make you use them for the duplicate ship and then have to buy even more via doubloons?

Edit: and Hapa has confirmed on the extra tokens news article post that the bundles will be sequential and you will need to purchase that bundle (and will receive credit compensation) to gain access to the rest. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SIM]
Members
5,806 posts
9,268 battles

Thanks for the info, Thunder. This event looks like a definite pass for me. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,436 posts
28,209 battles
10 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

This is WG. Of course you’ll have to buy it again, and then get credits for the duplicate ship. Do you really think they’d let you use those tokens for a later bundle (basically giving you 800 free tokens) when they can make you use them for the duplicate ship and then have to buy even more via doubloons?

Sadly my thinking as well LOL. :fish_boom:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Between the gimmick-laden mediocre to bad ships being added to the tech trees... and the ongoing skill rebork debacle... hard pass on this event.  

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,144 posts
9,607 battles

If one is not concerned about perma camo and ship slots it sounds easier and more efficient to just play the new line to get the mid-tier BBs, which has been the case in the past as well.

Not a complaint, it is what it is.

Edited by MasterDiggs

[WOLFG]
Members
11,816 posts
10,979 battles
38 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Yeah, this makes no sense if (why did I say if WHEN) they do this.  It is just rubbing someone's nose in it that did the early early release.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,283 posts

It's called a skippable event in my eyes "wallet slams shut" . Not giving WeeGee cash for tech tree ships that will be available.....

"SOON™"

:Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

Easy decisions for me about these events. If it's a pain?  Pass.

I have more ships that I could ever play... unless it's a RARE ship I just can't get excited enough to grind myself to death.

[OGF]
Members
168 posts
6,174 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

This is the first one of these I've ever paid any attention to because it's the first line since I got here that interested me.  Does this mean if I save up my tokens I have to get the Tier 5 before I can get Tier 6 or later with tokens?  

That's the make or break for me on this one.  If I have to buy Dante again and waste tokens, and then I have to also use tokens on the Tier 5 which is already unlocked just from the xp sitting on Dante right now, then either this event better be extremely generous or I'm not doing any of it for stuff that will eventually appear anyway.  I'll put in some work if I can shoot for Tier 6 or above, but I'm tired of being worked to death in this game so I'm certainly not going to do it for duplicates of things already owned or otherwise prepaid with xp.  

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,339 posts
17,511 battles

As always the early release events are a great time to relax and just play for fun. I have even used these events for full on breaks. My only regret is the perma camo but the ships are meaningless. No need to pay and grind for something you are going to enjoy getting for free. So take these events casually. Seriously no good reason to grind during these early release events.

• Cool 4

[K-POP]
Members
4,854 posts
13,482 battles
1 minute ago, buglips said:

This is the first one of these I've ever paid any attention to because it's the first line since I got here that interested me.  Does this mean if I save up my tokens I have to get the Tier 5 before I can get Tier 6 or later with tokens?  

That's the make or break for me on this one.  If I have to buy Dante again and waste tokens, and then I have to also use tokens on the Tier 5 which is already unlocked just from the xp sitting on Dante right now, then either this event better be extremely generous or I'm not doing any of it for stuff that will eventually appear anyway.  I'll put in some work if I can shoot for Tier 6 or above, but I'm tired of being worked to death in this game so I'm certainly not going to do it for duplicates of things already owned or otherwise prepaid with xp.  

That’s how all of the token/sequential bundle EA events have gone so far. You have to unlock each one in order. Keep in mind that all of the early access ships are the upgraded version, so you wouldn’t need to research them like you would if you unlocked the t5 from the t4 normally.

As mentioned in the developer bulletin, the t7 is the final reward for the directives, and the directives will drop enough tokens to get the t4-6 ships and the permacamo for the t7. Depending on the tasks it could be a decent amount of grind each week, but it still shouldn’t be too difficult. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,186 posts
6,430 battles

Oh, look, another cash grab to get a line a few weeks earlier than if I just went through the tech tree.

The only difference between the two: suffering in a random ship to grind X versus suffering in an Italian ship to grind Y

Anyone else remembers the days when they released a line, you either free XP'd up it and suffered for it, or you worked through it and got better? 

Sign in to follow this