Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BillT

Questions about Early Access Dante Alighieri

5 comments in this topic

[TYPH]
Beta Testers
15 posts
5,266 battles

I have the "Early Access" Dante Alighieri ("Al Dante" for short), but I don't understand what "early access" means.  Specifically:
 - When the Italian BB line goes live, what happens to this ship?  Does it disappear? 
 - Does XP I earn on the Al Dante apply to the actual tech tree ship when that line goes live?

My hunch is the answers are "Yes, it disappears, and the XP is useless except to convert to free XP."   In that case, other than training a commander and trying out the new ship, is there any point to playing the Dante?

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
87 posts
3,124 battles

Nope, it doesn't disappear.  It just loses its "Special ship" status and becomes a regular tech tree ship until you get the tier 5 Italian tech tree BB, then it gains "Elite status".  The XP you earn on the Dante Alighieri does apply to the actual tech tree ship so when that line goes live, you can use that XP to unlock the tier 5 Italian tech tree BB if you haven't unlocked it yet.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,663 posts
25,144 battles

Yes you will be able to keep the ship. Early access just means that until the Italian BB line hits the live server, the ship behaves like a premium ship. You can assign any Italian captain you have to the ship and use it. Once the BBs come into the game, it reverts to a normal tech tree ship and there is no longer the ability to use any captain, one must be assigned to it. The XP earned on the ship, stays with the ship until you use it. IIRC, you need around 13k of XP to unlock the tier 5 Italian BB.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
671 posts
14,271 battles

You keep it, but it becomes a regular tech tree ship. You keep all the XP, can use it to unlock the next ship along the Tech tree. You will no longer be able to switch commanders in and out, will have to use a dedicated commander assigned to the ship.

• Cool 1

[TYPH]
Beta Testers
15 posts
5,266 battles

Wow, so it's much better than I thought!  Thanks, everyone!

Sign in to follow this