You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lil_boots

Broken Ship System When Mates Drop

3 comments in this topic

[-NOM-]
Members
9 posts
10,013 battles

So, my div mate dropped and I wasn't readied up. The game popped up a modal with a suggested a ship for me to play. The ship it suggested to play (my div mate was in a shima) was a Smolensk.

I rarely, if ever, play my Smolensk. It has no captain and no signals. Why wouldn't it suggest a ship I play frequently, like my Yoshino, which is in port *ready to go*.

Bad UX. It's just another reason I play less and less these days.

[REVY]
Members
2,641 posts
14,526 battles

not sure what the issue is.......

If your Div mate started the battle before you were ready, that's on your Div mate.

As for choosing the Smolensk, it could have just randomly chosen a cruiser and it RNG'd Smolensk.

If you have a ship marked as a 'Primary' maybe it would go there.

Also since the Skill re-work, ships can go into battle without a captain now. And having no signals (while silly) isn't going to stop a ship from going into battle either.

[SIM]
Members
5,813 posts
9,272 battles
12 hours ago, lil_boots said:

Bad UX. It's just another reason I play less and less these days.

If you’re so desperate to complain that you’re whining about something like this, then I’m not sure how you playing less is really a bad thing. You could have easily created a topic in the player suggestion section and made a constructive suggestion to WG about how ships should be selected in that situation.