You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wh1tey55

Ruining World of Warships

25 comments in this topic

[J-S-D]
Members
5 posts
8,747 battles

Since the last few updates, in Co-Op the bots are 100% accurate in shooting or firing torpedoes.  Bots automatically all turn and fire if 1 ship hits you. Realism is being replaced with arcade style gaming.  Getting to the point it is not fun to play anymore.  you survive longer in Random. Bring back the World of Warships that has authentic ships and ships don not dissapear at 5km oncce your guns are turned on them.

• Funny 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 1

Members
1,176 posts
1,672 battles
26 minutes ago, Wh1tey55 said:

Since the last few updates, in Co-Op the bots are 100% accurate in shooting or firing torpedoes.

Haha someone is just salty for better AI standards nowadays. I personally like that AI fighter pilots don't shoot missiles at random patches of water anymore. PvE is more engaging now, and it appears bot IQ is better than a lot of player(or forum poster)IQ. What does @AdmiralThunder think?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
157 posts
20,871 battles
59 minutes ago, Wh1tey55 said:

Since the last few updates, in Co-Op the bots are 100% accurate in shooting or firing torpedoes.  Bots automatically all turn and fire if 1 ship hits you. Realism is being replaced with arcade style gaming.  Getting to the point it is not fun to play anymore.  you survive longer in Random. Bring back the World of Warships that has authentic ships and ships don not dissapear at 5km oncce your guns are turned on them.

Wait, let me get this straight.  You're pissed because enemy ships in coop don't sail in straight lines anymore?  You're pissed because they do things like focus fire targets?  This has to be a troll post, you cannot be serious.

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,182 battles
1 hour ago, Wh1tey55 said:

Bot gunners are only a reflection of YOU.   It's a leftover from the original training mode.  I used it once to get torpedo hits using the Visby.

Go into Co-Op battle and INTENTIONALLY MISS.  I've had success up to tier 5 on this.  Get a target lock and shoot behind or too far out front.
Suddenly all the bot shells will land all over the place - with maybe a couple hitting you.

Buy a Tier 1 ship.  Hire a zero point captain and try it out.  Shoot, but don't hit anything.

You will be amazed.  And like I said, only up to tier 5 was I ever successful.

Imagine leisurely sailing up to a battleship in your Visby to almost point-blank range....  All your shots are missing...  and the BB secondary guns aren't hitting either.  OK ... Jig is up..  Unload all your torps.  Didn't sink...   awwww.. too bad...   reload and fire torps again.

[VORTX]
Members
584 posts
7,664 battles

Bots cheat. They have to. You’re still going to win 97% of the time. 

if you’re playing randoms over coop, it’s because you are bored. Randoms the far more rewarding than coop. It’s too bad random Is also way more Toxic ...

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,487 posts
22,867 battles

Bots do not use captain skills.

Bots do not use modoules. 

They do focus on the most dangerous enemy cause they want to pass him off most....

I've had Yammy bots shoot me 20 km away instead of a bb 4 km from them...

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles
2 hours ago, Wh1tey55 said:

It was always an arcade game buckaroo

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
951 posts
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Bots do not use captain skills.

Bots do not use modoules. 

They do focus on the most dangerous enemy cause they want to pass him off most....

I've had Yammy bots shoot me 20 km away instead of a bb 4 km from them...

Just curious about the modules and captain skills for bots, is that written somewhere?

[CVA16]
Members
6,162 posts
19,015 battles
13 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

They do focus on the most dangerous enemy cause they want to pass him off most.

Not the most dangerous. 

First bot priority: Ships driven by me:Smile_trollface:

Second: Lowest HP ship

Third: Ship targeted by other bots (focus fire)

Fourth: Random ship, often far away, no threat to them,  especially if driven by me

**Edit: 9 Feb AM

Proof of First Priority.  Playing my Salem to grind Halsey. I spawn toward the center. Early game, lots of reds spotted and engaging other targets. I stealthily poke my nose around an island, fire a salvo and get spotted. Immediately my PT counter (still think that skill is mandatory) jumps to 6 and remains there until I can back behind the island shielding me from some of the bots. There were several  other green targets that were already targeted, closer and more dangerous. And likely at lower health (to start).

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
909 posts
14,400 battles
7 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

First bot priority: Ships driven by me:Smile_trollface:

Incorrect, any ship I drive that has torpedoes so they can instantly knock them out when I'm about to use them...

[CVA16]
Members
6,162 posts
19,015 battles
12 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Just curious about the modules and captain skills for bots, is that written somewhere?

They do not mount cammo  (have to recheck premium bots)

Mostly it seems like they do not but I have hovered over bot ships on the team screen and seen the comparison stats suddenly change (improve) so they at least can get the upgrades.

Not sure about whether they get skills though. Once again hovering over my doppleganger bot and will see they are equal to my ship except for concealment (assuming I have cammo and CE). 

• Thanks 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,162 posts
19,015 battles
5 hours ago, Wh1tey55 said:

Since the last few updates, in Co-Op the bots are 100% accurate in shooting or firing torpedoes.  Bots automatically all turn and fire if 1 ship hits you.

Sometimes they can be incredibly accurate, sometimes they miss the unmissable shot. Sometimes I swear they have guided shells. They know your exact course and speed even when they can't "see" you. Bots have super fire starting abilities .Sometimes they know when you launch torps or change ammo to AP. Sometimes they seem to have much better turning abilities. 

HOWEVER

Bots are still much easier to deal with than all but the most potato humans. They are totally stymied by smoke, mostly waste or fail to use any of their consumables (when is the last time you were radared by a bot?). They will sail around the island knowing there is a DD or torp laden cruiser sitting there waiting. Until recently the bot CVs were a joke. They often get stuck on islands and just keep grounding, backing up and going right back into the island (rinse and repeat). Their torpedo salvos can be very accurate if you do not turn! The never anticipate or blind fire.

Forgot another item. The bots always target the center of the hull of your ship. Good for getting citadels but bad for dealing with angled ships and can be a real waste of HE shells.

Edited by Sabot_100

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,732 battles
18 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

They do not mount cammo  (have to recheck premium bots)

Premium bots wear the standard perma camo issued with the ship, even if the player premium has a different camo... or no camo.

[ING]
Members
113 posts
5 hours ago, Wh1tey55 said:

Since the last few updates, in Co-Op the bots are 100% accurate in shooting or firing torpedoes.  B

Really? Seems like the same weak, relaxing Tetris mode it always has been.

I would love to see the AI calibrated to the tier becoming more difficult to almost impossible by tier 10.

Would be nice if the payouts increased with the difficulty as well.

Members
852 posts
6 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Bot gunners are only a reflection of YOU.   It's a leftover from the original training mode.  I used it once to get torpedo hits using the Visby.

Go into Co-Op battle and INTENTIONALLY MISS.  I've had success up to tier 5 on this.  Get a target lock and shoot behind or too far out front.
Suddenly all the bot shells will land all over the place - with maybe a couple hitting you.

Buy a Tier 1 ship.  Hire a zero point captain and try it out.  Shoot, but don't hit anything.

You will be amazed.  And like I said, only up to tier 5 was I ever successful.

Imagine leisurely sailing up to a battleship in your Visby to almost point-blank range....  All your shots are missing...  and the BB secondary guns aren't hitting either.  OK ... Jig is up..  Unload all your torps.  Didn't sink...   awwww.. too bad...   reload and fire torps again.

I've seen DD's in high tier games do the same thing.  Had a Gearing yesterday just LOL around and torp ships and lost only 10% max HP's - at most, and I mean literally drive up to the BBs.  It's not common to see, but I do notice these fellas.  I have nver have been able to figure out the trick yet.

Edited by Farm_Fresh_Eggs

Members
4,081 posts
43,969 battles

Well, to be honest, I play it more than most over the years and saw significant changes in their behavior.

Recent changes is their ability to dodge torpedoes. They can now dodge gunfire from long distances because guess what, they have a 1 point skill called:  you guessed it, incoming fire alert. 

They do have upgraded hulls or not. MM determines that. As for modules, Shima has the base long range torpedoes, but not the faster short range ones. But we would all be in trouble if it ever did change that.

Premiums have the standard premium camo or the promotional camo, depends on what ship it is. As such, it has that distinct advantage.

CVs are hitting with rockets and bombs. They don't care which they use, but they will hit you in a DD. Cruisers are actually getting torpedoes. BBs are getting everything. And while it is not the damage of some human "Death Dealer", it is getting there. They are also spotting too.

Bots do shoot center mass with AP either as you bow tank or angle in a cruiser or a BB, but they will switch over to HE and their shots are hitting the superstructure. Because they hit center whether bow in or wide, the radius block of the HE is as such that at least 3 fires can still be started no matter the ship orientation if you are not paying attention. Cruisers will switch to AP if another cruiser is sailing wide. They will straight up switch if they think they can get you. I have seen this first hand.

Torpedoes:  Bot DDs and cruisers seem to hold a rack if they think their firing solution is "difficult". They will hold fire long enough until you are more well presented as favorable.

Long range gun fire is funny with bots, they shoot either as you bear or in full broadside. If in a BB, this actually makes RNG more on their side with sequential fire, because most players might think a bot misses and casually steers to their doom. 

Colorado is deadly by human or bot. Make fun of the ship if you like, but the bot WILL make fun of you if you get careless. 

Best practices is same as in Randoms. Just don't think they are "Just bots" because you will quickly exit and the rest of us will just finish the match with more to sink.

As far as I know, WG has tuned them, turned them up as tiers go up, and maybe made them emulate some players in style, tactics, and deviousness. (They will circle an island and if they think you might torp them, they will slam on the brakes even if they don't have hydro or not even know you are there. They are just guessing your next move.)

I haven't a clue which players though, but I doubt WG will tell. LOL

• Cool 2

[O2]
Members
457 posts
10,034 battles

Coop is more fun now than before. You can actually lose a game now!

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,587 posts
18,513 battles
6 hours ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Bots cheat. They have to. You’re still going to win 97% of the time. 

if you’re playing randoms over coop, it’s because you are bored. Randoms the far more rewarding than coop. It’s too bad random Is also way more Toxic ...

I play CO-OP to get the missions done faster and there have been a lot of missions lately. The only difference I've noted is that it's turned into a feeding frenzy with players all rushing the bots to get damage done, or hits, kills etc. 

Agreed about the toxicity in chat with randoms and ranked. I prefer scenarios to be honest, just wish we had more to choose from. 

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,487 posts
22,867 battles
15 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

Happa answered it this month in another thread.

• Thanks 1

[REVY]
Members
2,631 posts
14,430 battles
20 hours ago, Wh1tey55 said:

Realism is being replaced with arcade style gaming. 

ummm.......hate to burst your bubble.....but this game never had any realism in it. It's been arcade essentially from the start.

[CVA16]
Members
6,162 posts
19,015 battles
12 hours ago, Toxygene said:

Coop is more fun now than before. You can actually lose a game now!

It is still embarrassing to lose to the bots unless your team is mostly bots too (the bots only let their scrubs play for the green team). 

But yes, I (mostly) enjoy the upgraded bots as opponents. Except when those upgraded bots all decide to shoot me and I have to spend the whole game in hiding cuz otherwise I am dead.

Members
4,081 posts
43,969 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

It is still embarrassing to lose to the bots unless your team is mostly bots too (the bots only let their scrubs play for the green team). 

But yes, I (mostly) enjoy the upgraded bots as opponents. Except when those upgraded bots all decide to shoot me and I have to spend the whole game in hiding cuz otherwise I am dead.

It sucks when all 9 run after you. And your team hides behind cap C to watch you squirm behind rocks in a fight of your life, as the bots Evil Toaster laser lock hunt you down like you dated #6 and broke her heart not answering her texts or something.  You might get 4, get beat down to near dead, then the rest of the bots got you cornered like some fox in a hunt. The remaining 5 bots are low, but it don't matter, you sink, your team mates suddenly slide out of C with sheepish comments like: wow dude, that was amazing. They straight up was mad at you. We will take it from here. Good game. 

And so 8 perfectly healthy players surround 5 extremely worn out bots that you busted your butt to get down to 1/4 health. Victory, but you are watching and in your raft with a mermaid wanting your email as she hands you a nice beer. She takes your raft to shore where a nice party awaits, but you are salty because your super healthy team is wrapping it up. 

Oh, sorry, I am having one of my flashbacks.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

lol bots dodge torps better than any random player.