You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lose_dudes

I love French cruisers

21 comments in this topic

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
989 battles

Dev strike, double strike, 3 kills, wow.

2021-02-08 (2).png

Edited by Lose_dudes
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,102 posts
5,569 battles

Cool, was the third also really close in time?

[SPTR]
Members
27,343 posts
17,603 battles

He noes Du Guay!

I love my french cruisers too especially Henri

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,914 posts
25,782 battles
21 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I always wished I could dump the MBRB consumable for a slightly better ROF. 

Long ago when the FR Cruisers first came out, they didn't have access to MBRB consumable.  That came later and some, most prominently Charles Martel, got their reloads nerfed for the "privilege" of getting MBRB access.  Quite a few FR Cruiser aficionados didn't like that.

Found the patch notes for that being done, a cut & paste on the FR Cruiser section:

Changes in French Cruisers

French cruisers joined the fleet more than a year ago and won over players' hearts immediately. There were many good reasons for that: including their efficient main battery, long-range torpedoes, and high speed for their type, which can be enhanced further by the Engine Boost (While active, increases a ship's speed by a fixed percentage.) consumable.

Researchable Tier VI+ French ships can use the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable, which complements their features and diversifies their associated game tactics. But keep in mind that the efficiency of the new consumable depends on the situation and the player's ability to choose the right moment to use it. For most cruisers, utilizing the consumable will result in an indisputable improvement in performance. However, Charles Martel and Saint-Louis currently reload their 203 mm/55 Mle 1934 guns slower by 11 seconds. Otherwise, they would be too effective for their tier.

This went Live late August 2018.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Sad 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Long ago when the FR Cruisers first came out, they didn't have access to MBRB consumable.  That came later and some, most prominently Charles Martel, got their reloads nerfed for the "privilege" of getting MBRB access.  Quite a few FR Cruiser aficionados didn't like that.

I was one of them.

At the time I had Algerie and Chuck Marty... and thought both were worse for change.  No sense of how it changed St Louis or Henri, didn't have them before the change, but I suspect both would be better without MBRB.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,914 posts
25,782 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I was one of them.

At the time I had Algerie and Chuck Marty... and thought both were worse for change.  No sense of how it changed St Louis or Henri, didn't have them before the change, but I suspect both would be better without MBRB.

Charles Martel used to be all the rage back before the changes.  I view the changes as a nerf under the veil of a buff if the ship's reload was worsened.

MBRB only goes for several seconds, but the standard reload is permanent, and you'll deal with that most of the time.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
9 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Charles Martel used to be all the rage back before the changes.  I view the changes as a nerf under the veil of a buff if the ship's reload was worsened.

MBRB only goes for several seconds, but the standard reload is permanent, and you'll deal with that most of the time.

Yeah... MBRB is, IMO, only useful on the French DDs, where you're looking for burst damage, and where it applies to several reloads in a row.

On the cruisers and battleships, it shortens part of two reload cycles, and then it's on cooldown.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
1 hour ago, Lose_dudes said:

Dev strike, double strike, 3 kills, wow.

2021-02-08 (2).png

Congratulations.  :cap_like:
And, "Vive la France!"  :Smile_izmena:
I still enjoy sailing my Friant on occasion.

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
39 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

just wait till you get to t7, going to be a big wall to jump over to get to t8

But check this out first

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/243-french-cruisers/

The Friant article is dated 2017.  Much has changed, notably the Captain's skills suggestions.  Updates in the future?

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,381 posts
17,071 battles
20 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Updates in the future?

hhhmmm ... probably those need to be updated. thank you to point that out.

The question is when do I have time to get and look at the skills .... I may have a high skill point capt but I cant remembered where I put him .... lol

[WPORT]
Members
8,233 posts
13,273 battles
2 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

hhhmmm ... probably those need to be updated. thank you to point that out.

The question is when do I have time to get and look at the skills .... I may have a high skill point capt but I cant remembered where I put him .... lol

:cap_look:

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
245 posts
9,911 battles
3 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I was one of them.

Your suspicion would be incorrect:

Henri got the reload booster FOR FREE.  It gave up nothing!  It was probably the biggest highlight of it being added.  The reload was unchanged, purely adding the pew pew :P.

How could a boat with a free button to do more damage in a given time be better off without it? 

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
206 posts
7,285 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Regrinding for the 3rd time.

T9 is amazing.

how do you play it?

The first time around I really enjoyed it, was at 50% WR .   now im at 42% after finishing the regrind.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
989 battles
15 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Cool, was the third also really close in time?

Not really, but sort of.

[SGSS]
Members
5,816 posts
10 hours ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

how do you play it?

The first time around I really enjoyed it, was at 50% WR .   now im at 42% after finishing the regrind.

I go no stealth.  Captain skill up grade the HE, faster reload and AA.

Moduals got faster reload. Once you up grade the range its far enough.

Stay in the back and burn things.  French AP is not so fun.

[KSD]
Members
158 posts
9,027 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Stay in the back and burn things.  French AP is not so fun.

I disagree.  The pen is pretty good, even at range, as is the damage.  I shoot a lot of AP with my Henri IV.

[WKY04]
Members
3,884 posts
25,000 battles

The single biggest nerf I can recall on a ship's inherent stats was when they nerfed Bertin's torps from 9km to 6km in one go. 

Inherent, not due to overall mechanics. OWSF and the captain rework have been larger IMO, but due to overall mechanics. 

Edited by Pugilistic

[SGSS]
Members
5,816 posts
36 minutes ago, Ceesa said:

I disagree.  The pen is pretty good, even at range, as is the damage.  I shoot a lot of AP with my Henri IV.

Everytime I try AP it does not do as much damage as my HE.  Will try some more.  I have 100k left in it so thede is plenty of time!

In US/German cruiser I use very little HE.  Pency might be the best AP ship at t6.