Sign in to follow this  
Snargfargle

The Moment When the Band Leader's Daughter Realizes That the Crowd Actually Likes Her Singing

5 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

Almost a Dolly Parton esk voice... Very nice... The singer shown is probably 25 now...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,443 posts
11 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Almost a Dolly Parton esk voice... Very nice... The singer shown is probably 25 now...

Yeah, I seem to recall someone saying that she's now in grad school. The band doesn't post as many videos as they used to but they still put a few out each year. The story of how she started singing with her dad's band is sort of cute. Seems that she was the last kid left at home and her dad wanted to spend more time with her before she left too so he got a schoolmate of hers to harmonize with and the rest is history. This local cover band, playing in parking lots and school auditoriums, is probably better than 90% of the "name-brand" bands on the radio.

Angel from Montgomery by John Prine (Cover) - Foxes and Fossils - YouTube

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This local cover band, playing in parking lots and school auditoriums, is probably better than 90% of the "name-brand" bands on the radio. 

I dont like the "commercial" music of today... Its an indicator of downsizing/inflation times ahead....

Music use to have actual musicians, a lot of musicians.. Now.. "Bands" are a skeletons of themselves compared to the big bang era..

Its predatory what the music labels are doing to the art with their greed... For me, its hard to watch the process.

I want to see musicians give life to songs again.. As it should be...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this