You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Reduce number of possible fires to two

62 comments in this topic

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,453 posts
20,660 battles

Reducing the number of fires possible to two would alleviate a lot of the He spammer issue people complain about. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[FORM]
Members
310 posts
2,194 battles
13 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Reducing the number of fires possible to two would alleviate a lot of the He spammer issue people complain about. 

I'd love to see it be twice as hard to get that second fire, and then twice as hard to get the third, etc.

When a single salvo lights 2 or 3 fires, and you put them out and then the next salvo lights another 2 or 3... it really is a kick in the nuts, and that's even with fire prevention. :-/

• Cool 9

Members
400 posts
26 battles

As a BB main, I would of course greatly benefit from this. Or perhaps having fire contributing and suffering to the damage saturation mechanic.
I likewise agree the fire mechanics don't feel quite right.

However fires do level the playing field for cruisers and some DDs vs BBs and that (along with torps) has always been a selling point for me when compared to Lights vs Heavys in World of Tanks. If I can one shot them with a single salvo then they should have an answer to that and fires suit that niche.

Honestly I think my problem is that there have been high tier light cruisers introduced that just kinda broke the fires/minute mechanics that earlier cruisers seemed built around. I might be inclined to blame the US Light Cruiser split, but there may have been more before that.

I didn't play that much high tier play back in the day before I took a break from January 2017 to May 2019

And as a Thunderer player; nerf the damn HE damage and fire chance, it's AP is plenty good enough as it is.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,885 posts
25,782 battles

Of course guys that play the best damage dealing class with the best survivability demand to be even stronger.

• Cool 4

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,453 posts
20,660 battles

Lowering the number of possible fires solves part of the Thunderer problem without needing to nerf Thunderer

Members
400 posts
26 battles
1 minute ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Lowering the number of possible fires solves part of the Thunderer problem without needing to nerf Thunderer

Or WG could just nerf Thunderer.

• Meh 3

[WORX]
Members
12,640 posts
19,907 battles

Not going to happen...

People would rather be sunk by

1. AP
  2. fires
  3. HE

Least form to be sunk by

1. Flooding/torps
  2. Planes...

Its not going to change anytime soon.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,059 posts
5,529 battles

Throw in a general ship performance debuff when on fire and increased risk of random Detonation per every tick of fire damage and I'll call it a fair deal.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
1,138 posts
23,124 battles
12 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

I'd love to see it be twice as hard to get that second fire, and then twice as hard to get the third, etc.

When a single salvo lights 2 or 3 fires, and you put them out and then the next salvo lights another 2 or 3... it really is a kick in the nuts, and that's even with fire prevention. :-/

This.  In Coop, I can get one fire, but I might as well switch to AP because I can never get a second fire.  On the flip side, hiding in smoke, I get hit for fire after fire.

• Cool 1

[SNGNS]
Members
601 posts
6,991 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Throw in a general ship performance debuff when on fire and increased risk of random Detonation per every tick of fire damage and I'll call it a fair deal.

or make fires do like floods and give them a general debuff. your guns cant fire and train as fast if your crew needs to stop the barbecue.

[SALVO]
Members
7,059 posts
5,529 battles
4 minutes ago, TobTorp said:

do like floods and give them a general debuff. 

floods currently give a debuff?  or am I misunderstanding?

[KWF]
Members
5,805 posts
7,013 battles

Getting all 4 fires is notoriously difficult and requires very good knowledge of being able to "walk" your HE on an opponent's ship. 

3 fires are far more common and a skill already exists for it, leading to effectively 2 fires.

7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

An active flood reduces your speed by a certain percentage.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,885 posts
25,782 battles
7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Loss of speed.

[SALVO]
Members
7,059 posts
5,529 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

An active flood reduces your speed by a certain percentage.

5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Loss of speed.

ha, I learnt something new today

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,885 posts
25,782 battles
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

ha, I learnt something new today

Flood Damage used to be fatal if you didn't have DCP ready.  Something BBs had to worry about.  Not Cruisers or DDs because a few torps was fatal.

But the CV Rebork brought Flood Nerfs with it.

Now BBs tank floods like they do a single fire.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[VORTX]
Members
586 posts
7,709 battles
53 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

This or a concept similar would actually be interesting. 

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
298 posts
5,078 battles

Well, that would not do any good.  You'd still be on fire constantly with two fires.  If won't make anyone use less HE. 

[-VT-]
Members
1,183 posts
28,825 battles

I would be all for bring the longer floods back as well as reducing the fire chance

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,780 posts
6,023 battles
37 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Heaven forbid Battleships take damage!

Do you want BBs to be more aggressive in positioning or not?  BBs cannot dodge incoming fire to a significant factor unless at extreme range, so they simply have to tank it.  If they cannot tank it, because if they can tank it "Heaven forbid Battleships take damage!", then they will stay in the back where they wont get hit as much.

You cannot simultaneously expect BBs to push up closer and want them to be more vulnerable to incoming fire.  They are incompatible positions.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,686 posts
16,246 battles

I wouldn't mind reducing the number of fire to 2, if a single fire now removes 0.6% of a BB HP every seconds (without any modifier). 

[WOLFG]
Members
32,333 posts
10,021 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

It solves part of the problem for one ship, at one tier, while creating one for ships of two types, at all tiers.

How about just bake in FP, and allow all ships to only have 3 fires?

• Cool 1

[VAST_]
Members
164 posts
5,350 battles

I think fire damage rate just needs to be halved. Easy. lol