Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

World of Snipers Would Like To Welcome All New Captains

16 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
281 posts

Just saying, it feels like we should rename this game lol. Everyone in a BB wants be a sniper now. Just got out of a game where we had 4 BB's and 3 of them stayed near the starting area in one little group and fired at the enemy from near max range the whole time. We are up there fighting over the caps begging for them to move in to support us and just got ignored. It's tough being a cruiser or dd these days and knowing as you approach the cap that the BB's are staying back at max range. It would be ok if every BB had amazing dispersion and accuracy at say 20-24km distance but we all know that isn't true. Even with the sniper skill, many BB's still have subpar dispersion once they reach beyond 17-18km. Their ability to hit a smaller cruiser or DD at that range is not good. 

The new trend is for BB's to stick together in small 2-3 ship groups for their AA protection and in some games I'm actually seeing them move back further than the starting area depending on the map. Others just angle slightly right or left at start to position all their guns and then just sit there while we move up and advance towards the caps. Even late in the game when normally you see BB's get into brawling range, they are still sitting in the back. Not every BB captain is doing this but enough of them that it has slightly changed the game or at least how a noticeable percentage of Captains are playing it. I'm still unsure if this was the intended outcome for Wargaming when they instituted this new skill? 

[PVE]
Members
10,925 posts
18,908 battles

Camping people is why I switched to Co op in the first place, now with the rework, it is the definitive place to "get your brawl on." My Thunderer Captain (only 19 points still) is a full secondary spec. Thunderer full secondary build, who would have thunk it.

image.thumb.png.a5a70684673a9594347480acd193fc59.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
969 battles

I learned not to brawl the hard way on the Izmail. I ended up stuck on a rock, on fire, with enemy torpedo planes circling me like vultures and cruisers preying on my hp pool.

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles

Otoh, as a cruiser or DD, the guys on the other side shooting at you are also 20 km away ... kinda prefer it that way, having them removed from the equation makes for more comfortable play

[WOLFC]
Members
2,343 posts

Take out  any DD with 15K range or more torps and watch the long range snipers dance. 

Halland with 95 knots torps

Edited by Anonymous50

Members
1,185 posts
1,692 battles
16 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

Everyone Almost everyone in a BB wants to be a sniper now.

2021-01-25.thumb.png.4a0ac92b70c1e97a0658d150f4928f7f.png :fish_glass:

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles
44 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

2021-01-25.thumb.png.4a0ac92b70c1e97a0658d150f4928f7f.png :fish_glass:

PvE build? 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,138 posts
23,102 battles

Starting to sound like the happy hunting grounds for subs.

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles
1 minute ago, Mustangrde1 said:

Dating myself by that but damn those were fun rooms

Dude, too much info... that's a bit disturbing to read

• Funny 1

[--O--]
Members
994 posts
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Dude, too much info... that's a bit disturbing to read

Now either thats being funny or you remember them, cant tell tone over net

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles
Just now, Mustangrde1 said:

Now either thats being funny or you remember them, cant tell tone over net

lol, just being funny about the "Dating" yourself part...:Smile_hiding:please don't share details

• Funny 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,405 posts
10,580 battles

Which is why, in my DDs and CRs, I wait for the BBs to push caps before trying to take them nowadays.

I also intentionally blind myself with smoke to avoid spotting if they're snipers, or simply yolo for quick death.

Warn them a couple times to please push up. If they don't, ok, I'm not interested in playing with them.

[--O--]
Members
994 posts
29 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

lol, just being funny about the "Dating" yourself part...:Smile_hiding:please don't share details

Well there was this time on the Sunset strip in 84... the only night i can really remember in the 80s as it was the first, last and only time i was the Designated Decoy for the Pd, lol. Better not talk about it though not sure the statute of limitations has ran out lol.

[46856]
Members
1,923 posts
3 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Just saying, it feels like we should rename this game lol. Everyone in a BB wants be a sniper now. Just got out of a game where we had 4 BB's and 3 of them stayed near the starting area in one little group and fired at the enemy from near max range the whole time. We are up there fighting over the caps begging for them to move in to support us and just got ignored. It's tough being a cruiser or dd these days and knowing as you approach the cap that the BB's are staying back at max range. It would be ok if every BB had amazing dispersion and accuracy at say 20-24km distance but we all know that isn't true. Even with the sniper skill, many BB's still have subpar dispersion once they reach beyond 17-18km. Their ability to hit a smaller cruiser or DD at that range is not good. 

The new trend is for BB's to stick together in small 2-3 ship groups for their AA protection and in some games I'm actually seeing them move back further than the starting area depending on the map. Others just angle slightly right or left at start to position all their guns and then just sit there while we move up and advance towards the caps. Even late in the game when normally you see BB's get into brawling range, they are still sitting in the back. Not every BB captain is doing this but enough of them that it has slightly changed the game or at least how a noticeable percentage of Captains are playing it. I'm still unsure if this was the intended outcome for Wargaming when they instituted this new skill? 

What chooo talking about I have revamped my Pormern into a long range ship and sit back and fire only HE pretending I am a mini thunderer- oddly enough my damage came back to what it was before this skill revamp by just setting ships on fire. Kind of odd playing a brawler with 6k torps and never using the secondary battery or torpedoes for damage.

I only switch to Ap when it's near the end and there are a couple of BB's left to deal with. Even german bb's can be snipers now.

Sign in to follow this