You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Landing_Skipper

Need to Display Commander Assignments

3 comments in this topic

[-GPS-]
Members
2,929 posts
38,341 battles

I have several special commanders assigned to multiple Premium ships.  I need to be able to point to the captain in port and see ALL of the ships he is assigned to, both tech tree and Premium.

For example, Halsey is my NC captain, but he has DD specs for Kidd, CA specs for Salem & Alaska, and BB specs for Georgia & Ohio.  Right now the only way I can keep it straight is with a spreadsheet :cap_haloween:

Also, I agree that there should be a "send him home" button to put a captain back in his tech tree ship.  (Another player suggests that here - great idea.)

[K-POP]
Members
4,849 posts
13,453 battles

We already have something similar to the last one - the recall commander function on any ship recalls the last assigned commander. Of course, since it’s assigning a commander to that ship, you need to be viewing the ship you want to move him too. The same thing would work for going to a premium ship, as long as the correct commander was the last one you put into that ship.

I agree that having an easier way in game to see what premium ships a commander is built for would be useful, either as a vanilla gesture or a mod. The way I’d see it working, you’d have to select an option the first time you move a commander to a premium ship saying that ship should be on the ‘assigned’ list. And after that, whenever you mouse over the commander the list of all ‘assigned’ ships would pop up. 

• Thanks 2

[-GPS-]
Members
2,929 posts
38,341 battles
58 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

We already have something similar to the last one - the recall commander function on any ship recalls the last assigned commander. Of course, since it’s assigning a commander to that ship, you need to be viewing the ship you want to move him too. The same thing would work for going to a premium ship, as long as the correct commander was the last one you put into that ship.

I agree that having an easier way in game to see what premium ships a commander is built for would be useful, either as a vanilla gesture or a mod. The way I’d see it working, you’d have to select an option the first time you move a commander to a premium ship saying that ship should be on the ‘assigned’ list. And after that, whenever you mouse over the commander the list of all ‘assigned’ ships would pop up. 

I really like your idea of "assigned commanders"!  For example, my Georgia and Missouri each have 2 possible commander skill sets. 

Thanks!