You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmNimitz41

I'M SO HAPPY!

35 comments in this topic

[GONE]
Members
268 posts
7,323 battles

I just got the T2 DD Tachibana, FOR FREE! YAY! WoW is showing their appreciation for the time I spent working on the dockyard project!
I'll use it in Ops. Oh, wait, I can't use it there. 
How about Clan...  Nope! Not there either. 
Ranked? Nope! 
Brawls?  No again! 
Oh, now I get it! WoW wants me to go into T2 for some seal clubbing! That should be fun for about 5 minutes.

If you can think of another use for it, I'd like to hear it. It would be a shame to let such a wonderful gift go to waste! 

• Funny 3
  • Haha 6
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[WOLF9]
Members
1,136 posts
23,051 battles

You get some good credits for it.  I know many will say NEVER SELL A PREMIUM, but I have sold many I know I will never use.  And I don't play the Loot Box gamble game.

• Meh 1

[2020]
Members
157 posts
4,208 battles

the only thing it is useful is next time you get a big container, you won't get this by accident....

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,645 posts
27,371 battles

Go play Co-op and torp Strafe bots.

Tachi, Smith, Mikasa and some others are for stress free fun, not serious games.

Keep it.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 1

Members
400 posts
26 battles

The Protected Matchmaker for new players was extended to 200 games when they are playing tiers 1-4 with Patch 0.9.6 in July 2020. This cuts down on seal clubbing, and it tends to be a mix of bots and not entirely inexperienced placed whilst still giving full (if lower tier) random battle rewards.

Low tier games can be their own daft fun at times.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[RBMK]
Members
2,203 posts
34,938 battles
8 minutes ago, weiwaynezhang said:

the only thing it is useful is next time you get a big container, you won't get this by accident....

It’s #2 after Makarov

[ARGSY]
Members
23,379 posts
17,307 battles
30 minutes ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

If you can think of another use for it, I'd like to hear it.

Insert it up the nostril of choice and ram it into your frontal lobes with a pile driver. With any luck, you might cure your metastatic cynicism. :Smile_veryhappy:

Whalesong and Estimated Prophet have it right. This ship is a fun, chill-out machine. Use it as such.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[KWF]
Members
5,788 posts
7,007 battles

It's a freebie historical destroyer with a fun moniker that served during WWI. That's something to appreciate out of a game dominated by paper designs.

With the state of low tiers as they are, anything below tier V is just something nice to look at in port or maybe work off a purple warning.

Edited by warheart1992

[PVE]
Members
7,860 posts
23,833 battles
1 hour ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

What is truly precious is that it clearly shows what WoW thinks of the people who are paying their salaries & keeping the game alive. 

It's one of many prizes in the Hizen campaign...just because you don't play enough to earn the others you're complaining about the low hanging fruit?

What is truly precious is this thread...if you hadn't gotten anything at all you wouldn't have cried but because you got something your complaining you didn't get enough...

If it took you this long to get the Tachi...

1 hour ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

I just got the T2 DD Tachibana, FOR FREE! YAY! WoW is showing their appreciation for the time I spent working on the dockyard project!
Ranked? Nope! 
Brawls?  No again! 
Oh, now I get it! WoW wants me to go into T2 for some seal clubbing! That should be fun for about 5 minutes.

If you can think of another use for it, I'd like to hear it. It would be a shame to let such a wonderful gift go to waste! 

You obviously didn't spend that much time working on the dockyard anyway & even if you got a T10 premium it would obviously have the same use as the Tachi...sitting around not being used much (while you waste time crying on the forums about how HAPPY you aren't).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 2

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,538 posts
22,303 battles

Just think of it as a bookend, so your tier III don't fall from the carousel 

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
957 battles
20 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

It's one of many prizes in the Hizen campaign...just because you don't play enough to earn the others you're complaining about the low hanging fruit?

What is truly precious is this thread...if you hadn't gotten anything at all you wouldn't have cried but because you got something your complaining you didn't get enough...

You obviously didn't spend that much time working on the dockyard anyway & even if you got a T10 premium it would obviously have the same use as the Tachi...sitting around not being used much (while you waste time crying on the forums about how HAPPY you aren't).

Just ignore him... he's just an unappreciative jerk. We don;t have many of those, better keep the diversity up.

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,535 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

OW !       Gosh, do we have a cockelbur under the sleeping bag?  Ouch, hate those little buggers.....   !  I have the blasted ship and, unlike the Ensign above, I'm not sure I've ever sailed her?  I looked and I haven't......

Maybe, the OP really is wondering if there is some real use for her, game wise ?  If so, darned if I can see one.  My Makarov at least, has a purpose: scenarios.   Kinda of like some of the Clone US BB's.......they are there because........they are there?

[SALVO]
Members
6,955 posts
5,510 battles
3 hours ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

Not like a new guy with 200 matches under the belt and a 6 pt captain is not still a baby seal for all practical purposes.

Members
400 posts
26 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Not like a new guy with 200 matches under the belt and a 6 pt captain is not still a baby seal for all practical purposes.

To a certain degree vs those of us with thousands of battles; sure.

But after 200 matches they'll only still be in low tier if they've chosen to be/are progressing up more lines and they will still have had hours upon hours of playing the game and be very, very far from someone literally just starting.

With this reroll account it took just the 3 mandatory co-op matches and 14 random battles to get to tier 5 and thus out of protected matchmaker. 

Now most of those were like 2 actual players on each side and the rest were bots because of both protected matchmaking and the fact I was playing during English timezones. Likewise I'm very much not a new players and my main account won't match the absurd slaughter I *technically* achieved in a Random battle clubbing low tier bots. However it's not miles off what a new player can do with a new account (you get a lot of extras early on these days)

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,513 posts
4 hours ago, Lose_dudes said:

ikr! The cute little boy cried cuz he got $5 for Christmas instead of $25

That silver cert 5.00 Bill 50 years ago is worth more than 25 inflated dollars today.

We had a good business for a living and you usually had a range of 100 dollar bills on down on hand at all times back then.

[WPORT]
Members
8,105 posts
13,162 battles
4 hours ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Ranked? Nope! 
Brawls?  No again! 

Tachibana and Tachibana-Lima are fun Tier-2 Destroyers.

[DPG]
Members
2,059 posts
11,355 battles

Dang the toxicity in this thread is unreal.  Most of you are just horrible people.  People use the forums to vent sometimes.  If you misanthropes don't have anything worthwhile to add, keep it to yourself.  There are zero reasons to attack someone.  Perhaps some of you should take a really long break from the forums.  Good lord.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,760 posts
4,771 battles
5 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Most of you are just horrible people.  People use the forums to vent sometimes.

As do your "horrible people".  All vents need not be directed at WeeGee's concupiscence, hard as it might be for you to accept.

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
2,059 posts
11,355 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

As do your "horrible people".  All vents need not be directed at WeeGee's concupiscence, hard as it might be for you to accept.

Oh god, you're one of the worst of them.  Your toxicity level is 11.  I'm not sure why they made you a privateer for a game you don't even play.  How many battles have you racked up in the last year?  10, 20?  Oh wow, you're a wiki lead now.  Geez, I guess no one else signed up.  Unless you're sporting multiple accounts with tens of thousands of battles.  I can't imagine you have the experience and insight to edit the wiki.  I really should have put you on ignore a long time ago when your trajectory of forum snarkmaster was imminent.  I'm going to rectify that now.  Have a nice day! :)

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,760 posts
4,771 battles
3 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Oh god, you're one of the worst of them.  Your toxicity level is 11.  I'm not sure why they made you a privateer for a game you don't even play.  How many battles have you racked up in the last year?  10, 20?  Oh wow, you're a wiki lead now.  Geez, I guess no one else signed up.  Unless you're sporting multiple accounts with tens of thousands of battles.  I can't imagine you have the experience and insight to edit the wiki.  I really should have put you on ignore a long time ago when your trajectory of forum snarkmaster was imminent.  I'm going to rectify that now.  Have a nice day! :)

746850286-PotKettleBlack.jpg

Edited by iDuckman
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers
66 posts
5,768 battles
7 hours ago, AdmNimitz41 said:

Ranked? Nope! 
Brawls?  No again! 

am a beta tester i got the arkanses and its a t4 bb wit 00000000000 aa and i get swarmed by t4and t5 cv planes so ya the beta testers got fked too

Edited by elshanko

Members
211 posts
9,829 battles
13 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Dang the toxicity in this thread is unreal.  Most of you are just horrible people.  People use the forums to vent sometimes.  If you misanthropes don't have anything worthwhile to add, keep it to yourself.  There are zero reasons to attack someone.  Perhaps some of you should take a really long break from the forums.  Good lord.

Oh, the irony of whining about the toxicity of the thread, while producing about half of it. You really should realize no one owes you a safe space to vent at the world, and all your diatribe would have been more properly self-directed.

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
448 posts
6,242 battles

Ah the good old Tachibana, with the smallest (?) main battery guns. I think Tachibanana's gimmick is that it's AP never bounces? Only shatters.. or something like that.