You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST 0.10.1, second season of Ranked Battles.

35 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,321 posts
13,178 battles

Although it seems that increasing the stars by 1.5 is unnecessary.  I am pleased to see an increase to the time to complete the rank by 2.0, it was too short before. it was effectively killing the clan, as most players want to finish ranked, and want to div up for random battles. but, they cant do both and live a real life. 

Edited by skillztowin

[PVE]
Members
10,927 posts
18,924 battles

Maybe I will try it this time. It still seems like no fun though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,152 posts
12,295 battles

Did math and answered my own question.

Turns out 12 weeks feels like it's less time than it is~

Edited by Ahskance

[WHEE]
Members
129 posts
3,657 battles

Tier VII pls :(

Understand the focus on higher tiers, but when CB, brawls, and ranked are all VIII-X, it’s less fun for those who love the VI-VII ships. 

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,809 posts
7,013 battles

I might be having it completely wrong, but if the duration of the season and the earnable steel/doublons are doubled, then doesn't the need for more stars to get to Rank 1 make the rewards lower on average and the grind more difficult?

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[TAZ]
Members
880 posts
1 minute ago, WarStore said:

Nothing has been learned. Typical

That because they do NOT listen to the player base (i.e. they do NOT want to learn).

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,845 battles
7 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

That because they do NOT listen to the player base (i.e. they do NOT want to learn).

These comments assume everyone didn’t like the last ranked season to some extent. I had a blast and glad to season a similar season is coming.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[TAZ]
Members
880 posts
18 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

These comments assume everyone didn’t like the last ranked season to some extent. I had a blast and glad to season a similar season is coming.

So you like it, it seems the majority of the player base didn't; your choice but we do have the right to express our opinion.  Further historically WG does NOT listen to the player base.  They do what they like even if it screws the game up (i.e. CV rework, Commander skills rework etc.)

Edited by Nutaz
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

"The duration of the season and the amount of earnable steel and doubloons were doubled."

OK, the season is now 12 weeks vs 6 weeks. But, does that mean that there are now 12 Sprints? Or are there still 6 Sprints, but with double the time and double the steel for each?

Either way, I think warheart has highlighted the hidden "gotcha"  ... unless WG is actually doubling the amount of Steel, etc Per Week

1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

I might be having it completely wrong, but if the duration of the season and the earnable steel/doublons are doubled, then doesn't the need for more stars to get to Rank 1 make the rewards lower on average and the grind more difficult?

I wouldn't get too excited just yet skillztown ...

1 hour ago, skillztowin said:

Although it seems that increasing the stars by 1.5 is unnecessary.  I am pleased to see an increase to the time to complete the rank by 2.0, it was too short before. (snip)

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,321 posts
13,178 battles
3 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

hmmm... I now see your concern.... I guess I read what I wanted to see.  

[K-POP]
Members
4,851 posts
13,468 battles
18 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

"The duration of the season and the amount of earnable steel and doubloons were doubled."

OK, the season is now 12 weeks vs 6 weeks. But, does that mean that there are now 12 Sprints? Or are there still 6 Sprints, but with double the time and double the steel for each?

Either way, I think warheart has highlighted the hidden "gotcha"  ... unless WG is actually doubling the amount of Steel, etc Per Week

The sprints are being doubled to two weeks each as well. So twice the time and rewards for each sprint, with only 1.5 times the required stars. It’s still going to be a grind for the people that just play for the steel, and could make gold even more painful with no irrevocable ranks, but it’s technically less effort per reward than the last season. And it gives you a little more flexibility within each sprint to play, since you don’t lose out on a full sprint if you can’t play one week. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,744 posts
21,833 battles

Disappointed af. Not only is nothing being done to address the accumulation of toxicity in Gold, it's being made worse by making it easier to get in. And of course, once in, there's still no mechanism for suicders, afkers, and spammers to get kicked back out.

-5/10 WG

• Cool 3

[USN]
Members
1,516 posts
20,450 battles

Doubled rewards for steel and doubloons. For someone only 2600 steel away from Somers and to add an upcoming clan season, I approve.

1.5x the grind to advance: not a fan

no fixes to keep Silver and Gold from becoming Potato fiestas after the second Sprint: not a fan. Granted the only 100% fix to this is to keep those morons out of ranked, but that will never happen.

I’d also like to see a tier spread like Bronze-T7, Silver T8, and Gold T9. Just for variety.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,893 posts
9,808 battles

So... if the season is now twice as long, does that mean each sprint now two weeks long instead of one, or is it that there's twice as many sprints? 

If each sprint is now two weeks long, then the work for ranked is effectively 75% of what it was in the test (considering the 50% increase in star requirements). If there are twice as many sprints on the other hand (twice the season duration with the same week-long sprint duration as the test season), then the effective work is 50% greater each week with the star increase. 

If the former, that's fine. If the latter, that's the typical sort of negative 'improvement' I've come to expect. 

Also not clear on what the increase in star requirements means. Does that mean more ranks in each tier? Or does it mean each rank requires more stars? If there are new ranks, are there more irrevocable ones, or fewer?

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Thanks 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,112 posts
11,845 battles
4 hours ago, Nutaz said:

So you like it, it seems the majority of the player base didn't; your choice but we do have the right to express our opinion.  Further historically WG does NOT listen to the player base.  They do what they like even if it screws the game up (i.e. CV rework, Commander skills rework etc.)

Yes of course you have that right. But it’s not right to insinuate the whole base doesn’t like something. The rework is also no issue in my book, actually enjoy the flexibility and being able to use special captains more that I worked to get. The issue with the rework I see is people all up in arms about dead eye. The issue isn’t the skill imo, but more that people feel obligated to take it and then camp from the back all game. Bbs that are still willing to push smartly and support objectives are still key, at least that’s how I keep playing my bbs and I’m winning way more bb games than I’m losing and statistically speaking I’m not a great bb player (59% WR last 21 days, 52% total)

as far as not listening, maybe. Maybe some don’t like the results of the feedback either. I recall dds getting crushed by bb ap and they did listen and nerfed the alpha damage for ap. There are others but blanket statements won’t help things get fixed.

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[KRAB]
Members
910 posts
7,402 battles

Increasing the number of stars to advance (even with increased time) will decrease the number of players who advance based purely on luck - the chances of getting the extra stars by luck alone increases geometrically as you need more of them. 

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,729 posts
26,203 battles
5 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Disappointed af. Not only is nothing being done to address the accumulation of toxicity in Gold, it's being made worse by making it easier to get in. And of course, once in, there's still no mechanism for suicders, afkers, and spammers to get kicked back out.

-5/10 WG

Agreed. I never even went for gold or played after I got to silver other than 1 week. I couldnt believe how poor the game play was in silver league and presumed the same would be true of Gold. From what I've heard, and seen with one player posting some ranked stats with over 1000 games played, I have no interest. I have never in my life seen any kind of league or ladder system in which you cant move back. In old ranked you could and in clan battles you can, so why is this mode so different?

4 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Doubled rewards for steel and doubloons. For someone only 2600 steel away from Somers and to add an upcoming clan season, I approve.

1.5x the grind to advance: not a fan

no fixes to keep Silver and Gold from becoming Potato fiestas after the second Sprint: not a fan. Granted the only 100% fix to this is to keep those morons out of ranked, but that will never happen.

I’d also like to see a tier spread like Bronze-T7, Silver T8, and Gold T9. Just for variety.

Agreed, like I said above, I've never seen a league or ladder system that doesnt allow a player to move backward.

I also like the idea of moving the tiers for each league, at least with different seasons. I dont want to play nothing but Tier 10 if I participate. I would love to play more Tier 8, or even so, against their own tier.

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,321 posts
13,178 battles
56 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

you cant move back. In old ranked you could

not much has changed in the "not able to go back", if you consider irrevocable ranks, the leagues are as if WG added an irrevocable at R5. However, in the old system, I was good enough that there was no way I could stay in R12+ MM, the MM kicked me out.. however, in the new ranked, I can opt out of qualifications and get reset at will. and stay in that MM at which i have no business being in. 

Edited by skillztowin

[BUOY]
Members
1,218 posts
16,267 battles

As I stated elsewhere (and this does very little to ameliorate)

Bronze: Casual Ranked Sprint with better rewards

Silver: Ranked Sprint with better rewards

Gold: Old school Ranked only now the unicums+ can't escape the 'statistical rank out players' and 'sav-a-star heroes.'

======

FWIW I'm going to be sticking to Silver and letting those who really, REALLY want the biggest prizes of Ranked fight it out with the statisticals / sav-a-star backstabbers who will rank out of Silver regardless.