Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
weiwaynezhang

why run top grade gunner with concealment expert

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
400 posts
26 battles

The vital cruiser role of Destroyer hunting for me.

That -8% reload might well be another volley whilst they're visible (radar or otherwise).

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
755 posts
72 battles
7 minutes ago, weiwaynezhang said:

a lot of recommend build run both. why conceal if you want to max the TGG?

thanks

I think you might have misunderstood. Its usually Concealment and Dead Eye that is the new Go-To build. Because if you stay far away from enemys you get better dispertion.

 

*Edit* Or maybe I misunderstood?! Are we talking cruisers?

Edited by Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
5 minutes ago, weiwaynezhang said:

a lot of recommend build run both. why conceal if you want to max the TGG?

thanks

IMHO That would seem to be a benefit for DD hunting/close DD support, often you're going to be up and close and personal with DD's in that role and having the faster reload on MB and Secondaries would be of benefit while not sacrificing your ability to sneak up on your prey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[2020]
Members
157 posts
4,242 battles
21 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I think you might have misunderstood. Its usually Concealment and Dead Eye that is the new Go-To build. Because if you stay far away from enemys you get better dispertion.

 

*Edit* Or maybe I misunderstood?! Are we talking cruisers?

I am talking about cruisers, TGG is only cruiser

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
111
[SLDR]
Members
319 posts
12,392 battles

I run TGG with CE on my Atago.  Why not?  With <10 km concealment, I outspot many cruisers.  And when I run into DD, the extra volume of fire with TGG is devastating to any that does not run away ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
452
[VORTX]
Members
591 posts
7,758 battles
33 minutes ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

The vital cruiser role of Destroyer hunting for me.

That -8% reload might well be another volley whilst they're visible (radar or otherwise).

This. DD’s and surprise brawling any occasionally end game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,276
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles

Because outside of CE & IFHE there's literally nothing else to experiment with in Tier 4 Cruiser Skills.  Everything is trash but them.

 

15 seconds reload for lots of Heavy Cruisers x 8% TGG reload buff = 1.2 seconds reload shaved off.

6.5 seconds reload for a CL (Cleveland in this case) x 8% TGG reload buff = 0.52 seconds reload shaved off

Alaska with MBM3 has 17.6 seconds reload x 8% TGG buff = 1.4 seconds reload shaved off.

For 4 f--king points.

Get the f--k out of here!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,146
[PISD]
Members
1,854 posts
6,142 battles
10 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Because outside of CE & IFHE there's literally nothing else to experiment with in Tier 4 Cruiser Skills.  Everything is trash but them.

 

15 seconds reload for lots of Heavy Cruisers x 8% TGG reload buff = 1.2 seconds reload shaved off.

6.5 seconds reload for a CL (Cleveland in this case) x 8% TGG reload buff = 0.52 seconds reload shaved off

Alaska with MBM3 has 17.6 seconds reload x 8% TGG buff = 1.4 seconds reload shaved off.

For 4 f--king points.

Get the f--k out of here!

On ships that do not need it, RPF is more useful. Quick firing cruiser like Worcester, Minotaur or Des Moines can use RPF to hunt DD.

I find it especially useful on ships with long reload, like Venezia and Alaska.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,276
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,906 posts
25,782 battles
1 hour ago, Karstodes said:

On ships that do not need it, RPF is more useful. Quick firing cruiser like Worcester, Minotaur or Des Moines can use RPF to hunt DD.

I find it especially useful on ships with long reload, like Venezia and Alaska.

Even in the old skill system days, after experimenting with RPF, I discarded it.  I was a guy that played a lot of Radar Cruisers, too, and I just didn't need it.  It was obvious to tell where the DDs were without it because I had spent time before playing as a DD haha

Edit:  A savvy opponent will be able to tell where the RPF ship is at.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
977
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,257 posts
16,154 battles
2 hours ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

The vital cruiser role of Destroyer hunting for me.

That -8% reload might well be another volley whilst they're visible (radar or otherwise).

Its beauty in an Emerald or any Close in support CA as you have stated... or perhaps in a CA hunting CA like the Alaska.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,120
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,167 posts
11,314 battles

Top Grade Gunner has value to two groups of ships. The obvious one is Anti-Concealment, but that's not the one you are asking about. The other group are your close range cap fighting cruisers, defined by having radar and/or smoke. They have a tendency to engage ships at close range and gain major benefit from the skill while doing so, yet need concealment to disengage from the bigger and badder ships when necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×