You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

So Only Range / Survival Builds Now?

23 comments in this topic

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles

Post Skills Rework am I supposed to only do range / survivability builds on all CAs and BBs? And are DD Destroyer builds good or what should I do with those?

Was taking a break from the game for couple months and came back and there is this Rework and over a hundred ships / captains I now have to fix lol.

[SALVO]
Members
6,932 posts
5,487 battles

If you ask me, it's pretty much the same as before with the only exception that you can't make meme sec builds and you'll burn harder. in return, you can make meme torp builds and meme HE/SAP spammers. The optimal build still remains Concealment/Survival imo.

• Cool 1

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
9 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

If you ask me, it's pretty much the same as before with the only exception that you can't make meme sec builds and you'll burn harder. in return, you can make meme torp builds and meme HE/SAP spammers. The optimal build still remains Concealment/Survival imo.

Yeah going to miss my beloved secondary builds.

• Sad 1

[PVE]
Members
10,911 posts
18,873 battles
20 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Was taking a break from the game for couple months and came back and there is this Rework and over a hundred ships / captains I now have to fix lol.

There is a button to reset all of your captains on the Warships homepage. I took all of the captains off of my premiums, I didn't want them to be set to a premium when they were on a tech tree ship.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Thanks 1

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles
7 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

There is a button to reset all of your captains on the Warships homepage. I took all of the captains off of my premiums, I didn't want them to be set to a premium when they were on a tech tree ship.

So I guess I will go through and move captains onto the tech tree ships and do the wide spread reset. Thank you this will be very helpful.

[PVE]
Members
10,911 posts
18,873 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

In Co op secondary builds are even better for more nations now. The US, with of course a few premium exceptions, is still the worst for secondary builds.

[PISD]
Members
1,839 posts
6,092 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

To be fair, they are not in such bad spot for German's. Yes you did lose in accuracy, but you get 2 side worth of it, more range and the capacity to take IFHE and Demolition Expert. Just don't go for the '''full build'' since it's not worth it in the current meta, and that you can skip one of the 2 4pts skills to go more survival.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
399 posts
26 battles

I'm still having fun with my Massa'/Georgia hybrid secondary and survival build.

My previous Massa & Georgia captain (19pts)
Priority Target, Expert Loader (as I had Halsey/John Doe), Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, Fire Prevention, Advanced Firing Training, Concealment Expert

My replacement build with Halsey (21pts)
1pt. Gun Feeder (again with Halsey/John Doe buff)
2pt. Priority Target (maybe replace with Grease the Gears but never had a problem with base Massa' turret traverse)
3pt. Adrenaline Rush. Long-Range Secondary Battery Shells
4pt. Close Quarters Combat, Emergency Repair Expert, Fire Prevention Expert

Losing Concealment Expert is quite a bit of a loss, although gaining the -10% to main battery reload from Close Quaters Combat and slightly more to repair party is quite nice.

I've been mostly running this in Ranked where my Massa' has still felt somewhat OP, I haven't tried it much in random with quite so many Thunderers running around at the moment (Deadeye or not) but still had some good games.

[WAIFU]
Members
887 posts
11,596 battles

nope i just play conqkek since it has the best conceal at t10 and just spam everyone and superheal since thats what wg thinks is top tier gameplay now

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,117 posts
4,173 battles

Flamu says it's World of Snipers now:

[RLGN]
Members
15,636 posts
27,325 battles
37 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I thought that was supposed to happen with the update... (It didn’t.)

If you do this all reset thing, it will fix a Captain to the ship they’re on? (Accidentally managed to reset my original GC captain to Montecoliwatzit and would like him set back to GC.)

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
948 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Post Skills Rework am I supposed to only do range / survivability builds on all CAs and BBs? And are DD Destroyer builds good or what should I do with those?

There's a reset all commanders button you can use. As for skills, just choose what suits you best. I picked the recommended skills with the largest and most useful bonuses.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,335 posts
19,344 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Don't give up on them.  I still run secondary builds and haven't seen much of a difference in terms of my ability to help win the game.  Brawling still works.  Gotta adjust to the meta to find the niche.  But if you can find the niche and the enemy can't...having a bruiser advantage at the caps can have a big payoff.  

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,338 posts
2 hours ago, Bonfor said:

Flamu says it's World of Snipers now:

Outrage sells eyeballs.

The meta is evolving.  There was an initial, maybe 3 day, time when everybody was trying deadeye on a long range BB.     Then people (re)discovered the usefulness of speed & concealment. 

This weekend seemed positively December like.

[WOLF3]
Members
29,825 posts
25,770 battles

Ranged combat with Survival Builds was already the norm in the Old Skill System.

I still remember a lot of people around here disparage Secondary Build Battleships as a non-viable, effective build in 2020 and before.

I still remember people say that if you weren't using a Survival Build on a Battleship, you were asking for a paddling.

All before the Skill Rebork ever happened.

But I'll also add that it's harder to implement a Survival Build now.  Some ships have no access to such captain skills anymore.  Certain skills have been made more expensive, or chopped up into several different skills and more expensive to get the stuff together again.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[VVVVV]
Members
93 posts
8,971 battles

Well good luck I don't think there is much for cruiser survivability in this rework,3 skills I miss smokescreen expert bos for cruisers  and preventive maintenace should be for cruisers as well

• Sad 1

[WOLF3]
Members
29,825 posts
25,770 battles
5 minutes ago, Capitan_Crunch said:

Well good luck I don't think there is much for cruiser survivability in this rework,3 skills I miss smokescreen expert bos for cruisers  and preventive maintenace should be for cruisers as well

Do you not like the extra amount of choice you have now as a Cruiser with the Skill Rebork?

• Haha 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,728 posts
11 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Run n gun is the new meta.

Also every captain can have different builds for each class.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,830 posts
3,307 battles
11 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Good one. Made me laugh.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,672 posts
16,216 battles

I used to play Georgia full secondaries (except for the accuracy mod in 6th slot) and decided to give it a go post commander rework. I almost never manage to safely get in range for my secondaries to work even though her entire kit used to be enough to do some pushes without throwing your ship.

The current Deadeye meta increased the amount of player who camp in spawn. Before the commander rework I found a fair share of people who overextend and die or people who just get closer to ennemis ships but since the rework, I think I only saw a total of 3 people overextend / getting closer ? The rest of BB player are being overly passive and some even reverse at the start of the game to prevent getting spotted. 

DD build are roughly the same, it didn't really change a lot. But currently, playing cruisers (especially short-mid range cruisers) is just boring and frustrating. Long range HE spam like Yoshino or Henri kind of doesn't care too much about BB staying at range, but playing Des Moines for instance has been very frustrating.

I suppose you picked the wrong time to come back in the game, but you're just in time to reset your commander freely 

[BOTO]
Members
1,460 posts
17,649 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Do you not like the extra amount of choice you have now as a Cruiser with the Skill Rebork?

HAHAHAHA..........NO.

Members
12,597 posts
14,320 battles

Definitely having issues on some ships getting the build just right / feeling as confident in the abilities to play my styles than before.