Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Couple port ideas

8 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,403 posts
10,580 battles

Not sure if practical, but would love to visit another player's ports to admire his/her ships. There is some debate over whether we should be able to see their ships' slots and commander skills, of course, but would enjoy seeing that captain strolling around the ship. Heck, a good April Fool's joke is paying that player's ship crew to push the captain into the water and fish him out again!

Another silly idea I had is order the ship's secondaries (if has any) to open up on a civilian boat going by. Or, say, in the Dunkirk port, your ship's AA can open up on the AI planes passing by. Something chill to glare at for a bit after a string of losses. Port shenanigans, you know?

• Cool 5

[NONE]
Members
3,777 posts
29 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Not sure if practical, but would love to visit another player's ports to admire his/her ships. There is some debate over whether we should be able to see their ships' slots and commander skills, of course, but would enjoy seeing that captain strolling around the ship. Heck, a good April Fool's joke is paying that player's ship crew to push the captain into the water and fish him out again!

Another silly idea I had is order the ship's secondaries (if has any) to open up on a civilian boat going by. Or, say, in the Dunkirk port, your ship's AA can open up on the AI planes passing by. Something chill to glare at for a bit after a string of losses. Port shenanigans, you know?

It's too bad the video card load and server overhead probably can't support crewmen in exposed positions in battle. Blood running in the scuppers, flaming bodies thrown everywhere, severed limbs hanging from the rigging...it would be awesome! :Smile_teethhappy:

I can just imagine the content warnings lol.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Members
33 posts
1 hour ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

It's too bad the video card load and server overhead probably can't support crewmen in exposed positions in battle. Blood running in the scuppers, flaming bodies thrown everywhere, severed limbs hanging from the rigging...it would be awesome! :Smile_teethhappy:

I believe WG have gone on record before as refusing to show any humans in their war-based titles as it's hard to code expensive in system resources guaranteed to make certificatory organisations put the age rating up and thus lower the potential player count apparently intended as a mark of respect to armed forces personnel and/or consideration of the serious nature of the subject matter.

Regarding OP's post, another thing I'd add to the wishlist is the ability to have all my ships laid out at once on the Port screen, call it Naval Review mode. There could be option for having them formate based on the usual carousel sort options (tier, nationality, type etc.) so I could have all my battlewagons lined up in divisions together ;)

Agreed on the Dunkirk AA fire and similar by the way, love that idea!

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
967 battles
2 hours ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

Now if you had an HSF ship, that would be a bit awkward. Besides, I'm afraid of blood

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
967 battles
1 hour ago, NobleSauvage said:

I believe WG have gone on record before as refusing to show any humans in their war-based titles as it's hard to code expensive in system resources guaranteed to make certificatory organisations put the age rating up and thus lower the potential player count apparently intended as a mark of respect to armed forces personnel and/or consideration of the serious nature of the subject matter.

Regarding OP's post, another thing I'd add to the wishlist is the ability to have all my ships laid out at once on the Port screen, call it Naval Review mode. There could be option for having them formate based on the usual carousel sort options (tier, nationality, type etc.) so I could have all my battlewagons lined up in divisions together ;)

Agreed on the Dunkirk AA fire and similar by the way, love that idea!

Again, what I posted above. The blood stuff creeps me out, but I guess you're too cold-blooded to understand this kind of thing.

Members
33 posts
8 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

The blood stuff creeps me out, but I guess you're too cold-blooded to understand this kind of thing.

That's an odd assumption to make based on my post. Maybe you meant to quote the other guy.

Edited by NobleSauvage

Members
207 posts
5,076 battles

Install the mod which makes ships you don't have appear normal (as apposed to it being greyed out without the mod). Also install the extended tech tree mod so that you can access all ships from the tech tree. Both of these can be found in the official wows modstation. You will be able to look at all ships in your own port :).

Edited by rhulkb27
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,689 posts
12,682 battles

i believe i once or twice threw out an idea to let us be able to walk the decks of our ship, just so we could get a idea of just how massive they really were/are, but that not likely to ever happen because it may be too much for the games engine to run or something, but id LOVE to be able to walk the deck of my Yamato and be able to see just how massive those 460mm guns were, since, y'know, we'll never get to do that IRL because both Yamato BB sisters got crapped on by US airplanes, because iirc, the models are more or less accurate to how large the ships were, correct me if im wrong

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this