Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SoothingWhaleSongEU

Are you embracing the 0.10.0 Loud and Proud Cruiser Meta?

With update 0.10.0  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play (at least some) of your Higher Tier (T8+) Cruisers with:

• Top Grade Gunner but full stealth with Concealment Expert and Concealment System
    • Heavy HE and SAP Shells WITH Concealment Expert and Concealment System but WITHOUT Top Grade Gunner
    • Top Grade Gunner & Heavy HE and SAP Shells but WITH Concealment System AND Concealment Expert
    • Top Grade Gunner & Heavy HE and SAP Shells but WITH ONLY ONE of Concealment System or Concealment Expert
    • Top Grade Gunner & Heavy HE and SAP Shells but WITHOUT Concealment System OR Concealment Expert! WHERE IS YOUR DEADEYE NOW BBS??!!? Pew! Pew! Pew!
    • None, full stealth without these newfangled Top Grade Gunner nonsense. This meta is silly and I'm having none of it.
    • ... Top Tier Cruisers? At this time day? At this time of year?? On the NA Server??? Localised entirely within the 0.10.0 Deadeye Meta????
    • Some other combo of the above I've missed.
    • Woo Bacon.

38 comments in this topic

Members
400 posts
26 battles

So in amongst the plague of Deadeye Thunderers, the stereotype is that cruisers are somewhat rarer, nature is healing and destroyers have returned to their natural habitat.

But update 0.10.0 has gifted us with the very interesting synergy of two cruiser skills.

Heavy HE and SAP Shells: +10% HE and SAP shell damage. +15% detectability of ships with a main battery calibre of 149 mm and above.

Top Grade Gunner: If an enemy ship is spotted within the ship's standard detectability range, this skill is activated. -10% reload time of secondary batteries. When activated: -8% reload time of the main battery.

"Standard detectability range" being the total value in port, after upgrades, skills and camo but not including dynamic modifiers in a match from gun bloom, cyclones etc.

This is lending to an interesting take on actively ignoring concealment to get the full effect from TGG, with Heavy HE' helping this.

For those still playing cruisers regularly, are you finding update 0.10.0 actually that bad?
If you are choosing to move away from the ubiquitous Concealment Meta, on which ships have you tried (and succeeded!) on?

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles

I tried but that doesn't work for me:

• My aim is average at best, floaty shells at long range are problematic
  • I don't like one trick ponies, lack of flexibility is not conductive to carrying matches
  • Concealment remains the single most deciding factor in having the initiative
  • You are dependent on your team to spot for you
  • The increase to DPM I can balance with improved survivability (fighting for longer) and better positioning (due to better concealment).
  • I use a lot of AP in my cruisers

Members
4,003 posts
14,532 battles

I havent yet tried that build. I want to on my Hindy and Henri. 

Ive been using pretty standard builds and still am having success with them in randoms.

That being said. Ill probably forget to respec anything by Feb 16-17; since Im mostly playing MTG Arena currently. 

I voted for bacon.

[RBMK]
Members
2,203 posts
35,013 battles

WG took a giant deuce on the game with this patch.

Generally I don't give a :etc_swear:  what the meta is or where the game is going. I still find a bit of fun here and there and when that's gone I'm history.

The future of the game will be crappy stagnant play with CV$, BB$ and submarine$.

DDs and cruisers will be completely irrelevant in a short time.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I am not embracing it.

Furthermore, I expect WG to nerf the ships that are "benefiting" from it before they admit they made a giant mistake with cruiser skills.  

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles
1 minute ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

DDs and cruisers will be completely irrelevant in a short time.

IDK mate, DDs are experiencing an incredible revival, I've been enjoying them A LOT this patch. And cruisers are OK, plenty of food out there waiting to be eaten just  not a really noob friendly environment. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,458 posts
19,131 battles

As a DD main I'm seeing more 3 - 5 DD games with fewer cruisers.  While I appreciate that there tend to be fewer radars in the mix and more long range spammers, the games are less dynamic and that's part of what makes playing DD fun.

Since I'm only a slightly above average cruiser player, I'm staying away from cruiser play.  I tried a few times but after I started specing some cruisers, I gave up after trying a few stealth builds and a few meme builds.  The meta is in such flux it's not fun at all playing a cruiser.

[INTEL]
Members
3,458 posts
19,131 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

IDK mate, DDs are experiencing an incredible revival, I've been enjoying them A LOT this patch. And cruisers are OK, plenty of food out there waiting to be eaten just  not a really noob friendly environment. 

Just now, ThisIsClassic said:

As a DD main I'm seeing more 3 - 5 DD games with fewer cruisers.  While I appreciate that there tend to be fewer radars in the mix and more long range spammers, the games are less dynamic and that's part of what makes playing DD fun.

Since I'm only a slightly above average cruiser player, I'm staying away from cruiser play.  I tried a few times but after I started specing some cruisers, I gave up after trying a few stealth builds and a few meme builds.  The meta is in such flux it's not fun at all playing a cruiser.

great minds and all...

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,177 posts
28,806 battles

Trying a few of the now skill but nothing other than conceal seems worth it in the 4th level

• Cool 1

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles

I chose “full stealth” since it’s the closest one to my build, but to be honest I build to my play style and rarely use “standard” builds.

Might try some of the new skills (well I’m already using heavy AP), but these aren’t among my first choice to spend points on.

Edited by CO_Valle

[RBMK]
Members
2,203 posts
35,013 battles
19 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

As soon as subs are implemented. Subs will spot them, CVs will kill them.

• Boring 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
969 battles
5 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Wow you sure hate subs and CV lol

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,805 posts
12,612 battles

I have been playing with the support Minotaur build and the team smoke cloud is growing on me.

image.thumb.png.16c20a9a20b1465fbe7c16f63f486286.png

[CAAT]
Members
1,030 posts
4,626 battles

Woo. Bacon.

Image result for sailor moon bored gif

[RBMK]
Members
2,203 posts
35,013 battles
34 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Wow you sure hate subs and CV lol

It’s not a value judgment of CVs or subs , it’s my opinion on the direction of the game.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,533 posts

I just run the cruiser with a bit of concealment, close in combat where necessary and apply a bit of survivable to it where possible.

I don't possess the points in most all of my cruisers except maybe two or three for the rest of the new fangled 10.0 reworked crap to matter. Im not for example putting on SAP to burn longer for faster sunk for example.

Some cruisers like the mino are essentially giant destroyers the way I use them and have no use for most all of the fancy doodads and add ons. The rest live long enough to spot something and then is disposed of in 3 incoming salvos. Ive been deleting Drakes this past week with the Georgia. AP + 2Km = poof.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,819 posts
2,663 battles

Might have to try the full DPM build on Amalfi.  Hang in the back with the Deadeye BBs and spam heavy hitting SAP.

[SALVO]
Members
7,012 posts
5,525 battles
59 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Wasn't stated in the last patch that DDs outspot surfaced Subs?

[RBMK]
Members
2,203 posts
35,013 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Wasn't stated in the last patch that DDs outspot surfaced Subs?

Until the submarine commander skills show up...yes I'm cynical.

Sign in to follow this