Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kontentiouskiwi

Other ships like Mass?

10 comments in this topic

[SCRUM]
Members
6 posts
1,959 battles

Massachusetts is my favorite ship to play.

What other BBs (non-premium) are most similar to Mass, in terms of capabilities and play-style?

Thanks

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
807 posts
8,555 battles

German BB line is the only thing that comes close that's out now. French high tier BBs sort of, but i dont find it to be the same.

[SCRUM]
Members
6 posts
1,959 battles

Thanks,

currently have Freddy der Grosse, but find it quite different from Mass play-style (Bismarck was more similar).

Does GK (German T10) play more like Bis or FdG?

Cheers

[PVE]
Members
10,926 posts
18,908 battles
5 minutes ago, kontentiouskiwi said:

Thanks,

currently have Freddy der Grosse, but find it quite different from Mass play-style (Bismarck was more similar).

Does GK (German T10) play more like Bis or FdG?

Cheers

Georgia  and Ohio play most like Mass.

[SCRUM]
Members
6 posts
1,959 battles
17 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Georgia  and Ohio play most like Mass.

Yep, agreed.

Just that they're both prems. OP question was regarding non-prems. But, they're both nice ships.

Cheers

[PVE]
Members
10,926 posts
18,908 battles
2 minutes ago, kontentiouskiwi said:

Yep, agreed.

Just that they're both prems. OP question was regarding non-prems. But, they're both nice ships.

Cheers

Mass is a premium I think but yeah no tech tree BBs are really the same.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,186 posts
1,695 battles
1 hour ago, kontentiouskiwi said:

What other BBs (non-premium) are most similar to Mass, in terms of capabilities

USS Iowa, North Carolina, Montana

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,843 posts
4,285 battles

Bismark is closest, brawling secondaries. The other USN ships (Iowa, NC,) have similar guns (but better) but they don't have the brawling capability. Other than that there aren't really any non-premium options, Mass is kind of unique.

Georgia and Ohio are definitely the closest (MA, GA, and OH form the fun USN BB split). All three are premium. However, both GA and OH are technically available for free. GA is buyable with coal until next patch, at which point she moves on with all the other OP ships to Christmas crates. OH is research Bureau, so technically obtainable though a heck of a grind to do it free. But if you have the coal I absolutely recommend GA before she goes.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
400 posts
26 battles

Likewise agreeing with @AJTP89 

Honestly I think with the combo of accurate secondaries, 40s heal, great agility, torp protection, good AA (for what it's worth) and 406mm guns Massa' is pretty unique alongside her Premium sisters Georgia and Ohio.

North Carolina is obviously the closest literal equivalent both historically and in game design and many stats are identical but they really do play very differently. You simply cannot expect NC to pull off the sorts of brawling shenanigans that Massa' can. Whilst NC has both longer range and more reliable (but otherwise identical?) guns. Same with the rest of the US tech tree BBs.

Bismarck feels like it should be and kinda is but the main guns can feel so anaemic and frustrating (unless you're top tier) whilst Massa's guns feel they punch hard. Likewise the 40s repair party does so much work, despite Bismarck's good armour scheme.

I think in overall *feel* I might actually be inclined to say the Bayern actually feels the most similar for their place in their respective tiers, although I mostly played it a very long time ago in 2016 and she probably is in a less happier place than she was back then.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

Sign in to follow this