You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 5-7 Feb 2021.

23 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles

The intention to stream was thrown out the window by various IRL events, but I still managed to get the Hizen into port. One token remains (I paid a little extra), but I'll get the steel and RB points out of that sometime this week. 

Finished the third phase of the current Lunar New Year campaign as well.

RNGesus was very kind to me from the various Santa crates (from the Hizen campaign) and Journey to the West. Pulled the Viribus Unitis (allegedly a meh ship at best, but I like underdogs), the Wujing (from a free crate too, wow!), and 90 days premium. I'm so broke on credits that I've taken advantage of the free demount period to "borrow" the modules from the Izumo to put on the Wujing, and once she's ground out her particular mission in next week's Lunar New Year event, I will return them.

All in all, a VERY good weekend.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,109 posts
11,803 battles

Finished the hizen and the epochs campaign. Still debating which t9 to use them on. Probably kita when I get there.

random battles were fun with good success grinding for gearing, Montana, and Zao regrind. Have about 7 ships close to being done before event. Just waiting to see the new ship releases planned in 10.1 to decide what to do about potential snowflakes and whether to spend coal and free xp before the patch or wait until after and use those on new releases

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
16 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

Good playing with you earlier. 

You too.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
25 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Still debating which t9 to use them on.

I have too many ships at Tier 9 to make an easy decision on which line to put them on. I thought I was going to stop at Tier 8 in some of them, but I changed my mind. Now the easy decision to slap the epoch camos on the Yugumo and Jutland and the T9 Halloween camo on the Minnesota isn't so clear cut any more. Mogador, Iowa and Fletcher want a piece of the action!

[_BDA_]
Members
141 posts
3,659 battles
40 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The intention to stream was thrown out the window by various IRL events, but I still managed to get the Hizen into port. One token remains (I paid a little extra), but I'll get the steel and RB points out of that sometime this week. 

RNGesus was very kind to me from the various Santa crates (from the Hizen campaign) and Journey to the West. Pulled the Viribus Unitis (allegedly a meh ship at best, but I like underdogs), the Wujing (from a free crate too, wow!), and 90 days premium. I'm so broke on credits that I've taken advantage of the free demount period to "borrow" the modules from the Izumo to put on the Wujing, and once she's ground out her particular mission in next week's Lunar New Year event, I will return them.

I played a few games to unlock the Edinburgh, haven't got her in port yet since I don't have an open port slot. In process, I also discovered that I'm not completely terrible at playing British CLs in Randoms (I did most of the grind in coop and Narai). 

Edited by cheekywarship2018

[CO-OP]
Members
2,826 posts
28,416 battles

Finished the dockyard event, and the third phase of the Lunar New Year chain.  Also, picked up the Wujing, only played it once but it seems like a fun ship.

[--K--]
Members
5,412 posts
18,397 battles

The game has been frustrating and boring to play since patch. Which has lead me to play less. 
I've been trying to finish the DarkYard event by getting 215k damage with a Battleship or the 205k damage with a Cruiser in a single game. Which shouldn't be that hard to do. But the game is so out of phase nothing is working. Not to mention I've had my fill of deadeye coward BBabies sitting on the B line and no support LastStand Cruiser doing nothing to win games. And don't even think about being the Battleship or Cruiser who will push forward to support the team because than you just become food for the snipers. So, yeah weekend has sucked. 

But I got a Vanguard out of box and promptly chucked it into the moth ball fleet of ship that aren't worth playing. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,138 posts
23,079 battles

Congrats @Ensign_Cthulhu

Not much for me this weekend.  I got 4 of the Naval Battles knocked out. 

Finished the Dockyard completely.  I had the Hizen from earlier, but wanted the RP and steel.

The DD grind continues.  Got through the Ognevoi and got the Udaloi.  The rest are still stuck in T7 - T8.

Upcoming:  Lunar New Year stage 4 tomorrow and RB reset bonus on Thursday. 

[SIM]
Members
5,787 posts
9,263 battles

Played one round in my Mysore, tier VII game. Picked up a Confederate medal and easily topped my team’s ranks in a losing effort. Got to port and found that someone dinged my karma. Played Watch Dogs Legion for the rest of the weekend. 

[GWG]
Members
7,396 posts
14,187 battles

Had a date with a rather cute young lady....

Played a couple games....   yeah..  whatever.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,565 posts
11,054 battles

I forced myself to slog through a bunch of games this week to finish stage 15 of the dockyard to unlock Yahagi and it was like pulling teeth. For the first time in quite a while, I didn’t touch the game all weekend.

[PVE]
Members
5,095 posts
22,557 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Had the dockyard done Thursday.  The Lunar segment as well.  Really didn't do anything else since...... 

Played a few games in a Division from our clan.  Played Naval Battles Friday.  Realized the Yamato is dead now.  Realized that earning ECXP is now much more difficult.  Will get my American 21 pointer sometime these next few months because it will take that long........  Good luck Lads........time to go into P/T mode and F2P.  Was a lot of fun............

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
9 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Had a date with a rather cute young lady....

Ooooh... details? :cap_look:

10 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Played one round in my Mysore, tier VII game. Picked up a Confederate medal and easily topped my team’s ranks in a losing effort. Got to port and found that someone dinged my karma.

Like, what the ever-loving... 

The number of compliments I've handed out to either MY top player or THEIR top player even in a defeat is legion. Who the (sixth letter of the alphabet) hands out a report to the top-place player? 

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,722 posts
11,087 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Who the (sixth letter of the alphabet) hands out a report to the top-place player? 

I lose more Karma finishing at the top of the scoreboard than I do any other time. 

I guess people don't like it when you beat up on them, or to show them how bad they played if they are on your team?   The sad part is that I'm only an average player.  If I'm at the top of the scoreboard, then the team I'm on is pretty bad.  If my losing score is better than some on the winning team, then they are bad too, just not as bad as our team.

I played a bit this weekend just to finish up some coal snowflakes.  I hadn't played much lately so it was interesting to see how things  have changed with some of the patches, even if it was only co-op.

Members
429 posts
15,696 battles

Congrats again @Ensign_Cthulhu on your weekend gains!  RNG was definitely smiling on you (for once...LOL).  I played as much as possible Friday and Saturday (which was not very much).  Worked on the DY tasks (to get the RB points and Steel, I already got the Hizen) and the Lunar NY event.  Sunday I was able to play for quite a while prior to shoveling the 3" of snow that had fallen during the morning/early afternoon (on top of the 30"+ that had fallen on Sunday/Monday last week).  Still have 2 phases of the DY to finish, as well as the task which awards the 3 Lunar NY crates (3rd of 4 I think).  Will try to finish them, or at least give good effort to them, this week as I should have some time in the evenings after work to devote to them, and maybe more this weekend before they go away (I think I have 9 days left).

Did catch a bit of @Lord_Zath twitch stream also on Sunday, and received a Twitch container with more free goodies (camos, etc)  :cap_like:  before heading out to shovel.  Hopefully, the weathermen are wrong in their predictions for additional snow events for NJ over this coming week (I think I've seen snow predicted for 5 of the next 7 days).  Yes, I'm tired of winter.... :Smile_amazed::Smile_hiding:

[NG-NL]
Members
6,403 posts
10,580 battles

10/10 for naval battles here. Base XP isn't too bad.

Set a new personal best in my Roon. Just over 3K base XP.

Knocked off my premium VB's snowflake. That 20.5 knots top speed is awful! Grateful co-op for almost guaranteed win. Undecided if will get more snowflakes, but do have the creds and free XP (about 2.3mil) for several more ship lines).

Rammed a Shima that didn't read chat just for lols. Later same match, rushed and took out a Kremlin that made mistake of bow-in tanking near me, then rushed a Petro (see pic). His secondaries finished me a split-second before rammed him. Least I unnerved him!:Smile_veryhappy:

Ran my secondary-build Georgia and Tirpitz. Build's still viable but you're begging for BB vs. BB brawls if think in terms of hits/total shots fired. The dispersion nerf gives DDs an easier time.

I also tested Dazzling DD skill on my DDs. Great for Khab, it'll let your dodging avoid about 1 in 6-9 more shell hits if it's from BBs. When it's cruisers or DDs, that dispersion won't do much.

shot-21.02.06_19.00.08-0197.jpg

shot-21.02.07_15.06.30-0986.jpg

shot-21.02.07_15.11.03-0113.jpg

[SYJ]
Members
166 posts
16,764 battles

Had my first 200k damage game while playing Jean Bart. Killed 3 ships but we lost the battle.  My Azuma team mate decide to hide behind and island instead of helping :Smile_facepalm:

[ARGSY]
Members
23,385 posts
17,319 battles
2 hours ago, Murcc said:

I guess people don't like it when you beat up on them

I've been known to tell people in chat, when I'm their fifth kill, "F[typedinfull] you for killing me but congrats on the Kraken." It's never been badly received.

[SALVO]
Members
6,969 posts
5,521 battles

I was getting really fed up with the whole "skill rework made cruisers useless" narrative. So far I had been playing a lot of DDs since the rework, so I finally decided to take a cruiser for a spin and see what's the fuzz about Deadeye and accurate BBs deleting you from 20 km. This is what I found:

So, once again I'm not impressed by the opinion and judgement of the collective hive mind.

[WOLF9]
Members
456 posts
17 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have too many ships at Tier 9 to make an easy decision on which line to put them on. I thought I was going to stop at Tier 8 in some of them, but I changed my mind. Now the easy decision to slap the epoch camos on the Yugumo and Jutland and the T9 Halloween camo on the Minnesota isn't so clear cut any more. Mogador, Iowa and Fletcher want a piece of the action!

Probably the Yugumo, Fletcher & Ostergotland or Jutland for perm camos.  Loser was Kitikami. Just too many T9 DD’s. 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,796 posts
10,943 battles

Working the BXP mission for the Hizen directive, getting Yamamoto, and just picking off the last of the other campaigns missions I haven't finished.

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
23,677 battles
11 hours ago, chrisope said:

Congrats again @Ensign_Cthulhu on your weekend gains!  RNG was definitely smiling on you (for once...LOL).  I played as much as possible Friday and Saturday (which was not very much).  Worked on the DY tasks (to get the RB points and Steel, I already got the Hizen) and the Lunar NY event.  Sunday I was able to play for quite a while prior to shoveling the 3" of snow that had fallen during the morning/early afternoon (on top of the 30"+ that had fallen on Sunday/Monday last week).  Still have 2 phases of the DY to finish, as well as the task which awards the 3 Lunar NY crates (3rd of 4 I think).  Will try to finish them, or at least give good effort to them, this week as I should have some time in the evenings after work to devote to them, and maybe more this weekend before they go away (I think I have 9 days left).

Did catch a bit of @Lord_Zath twitch stream also on Sunday, and received a Twitch container with more free goodies (camos, etc)  :cap_like:  before heading out to shovel.  Hopefully, the weathermen are wrong in their predictions for additional snow events for NJ over this coming week (I think I've seen snow predicted for 5 of the next 7 days).  Yes, I'm tired of winter.... :Smile_amazed::Smile_hiding:

Thanks for hanging out! Hope the shoveling wasn't too bad... I just spent 30 minutes snowblowing the sidewalks. Compressed snow = slow going.

• Cool 1