You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArIskandir

Playing Cruisers is impossible, undertiered against T10 is crazy

64 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
6,954 posts
5,510 battles
2 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Please tell me you had the memetic 9km secondaries on Eugen.

Ehh nope, plain boring standard 14pt build.

Tho, got a secondary kill on the Plymouth if it is any consolation...

Edited by ArIskandir

[SGSS]
Members
5,747 posts
48 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Please tell me you had the memetic 9km secondaries on Eugen.

9 km sec.  Thats cool!

Members
6,210 posts
8,078 battles
16 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

9 km sec.  Thats cool!

Well, they start out at like 8km default.

It's even funnier on the DM, because they're 7.7km stock now. Sometimes when you radar destroyers in DM, your secondaries open up on them too. :Smile_teethhappy:

It's just a darn shame that cruisers can't take any captain skills related to secondaries anymore. Just the module and the flag. Would have been fun otherwise given the new increased secondary ranges.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[O_O]
Members
6,969 posts
16,974 battles

Mindset is important.

Had a guy in a game today immediately complaining about what MM monitor told him.  He proceeded to hide for 5 mins, then YOLO rush for a quick sink.  Self-fulfilling prophecy.  I have seen the same many times from bottom tier players, claiming being bottom tier means the game is pointless.

Far from it.  Play smart, and your bottom tier ship can easily lead your team (as seen above).

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
39 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Mindset is important.

Had a guy in a game today immediately complaining about what MM monitor told him.  He proceeded to hide for 5 mins, then YOLO rush for a quick sink.  Self-fulfilling prophecy.  I have seen the same many times from bottom tier players, claiming being bottom tier means the game is pointless.

Far from it.  Play smart, and your bottom tier ship can easily lead your team (as seen above).

Had a battle on Sleeping Giant less than an hour ago ... at the beginning of the battle, a Flint (bottom tier) across the map announced "Sorry, I've got to do this." ... and proceeded to shoot a friendly Skane ... until he turned pink and redirected damage sank him.  Several of us asked what he was trying to prove or do ... but no response. 

Some misguided "complaint" against MM?  Expression of rage about what happened to his Flint? ... we'll never know. 

Be careful when you play head games.

[SGSS]
Members
5,747 posts
4 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Well, they start out at like 8km default.

It's even funnier on the DM, because they're 7.7km stock now. Sometimes when you radar destroyers in DM, your secondaries open up on them too. :Smile_teethhappy:

It's just a darn shame that cruisers can't take any captain skills related to secondaries anymore. Just the module and the flag. Would have been fun otherwise given the new increased secondary ranges.

I never even looked at my sec on cruiser.  I noticed they seem to fire a lot these days.

They never so any damage but thats funny.

[SGSS]
Members
5,747 posts
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Mindset is important.

Strangely I seem to do better bottom t.  When top I think I. To aggressive and blam.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,592 posts
6,909 battles
4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I have seen the same many times from bottom tier players, claiming being bottom tier means the game is pointless.

Its almost like people don't like being forced into an artificial disadvantage they cannot control in a huge % of their games....

• Boring 2

[O2]
Members
457 posts
10,034 battles

AP or HE (or mixed). I tend to end up with AP only on Prinz.

[WHS]
Members
254 posts
4,044 battles
7 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Ehh nope, plain boring standard 14pt build.

Tho, got a secondary kill on the Plymouth if it is any consolation...

post captain build please

not sure what they consider "standard" these days.

[NSEW]
Members
2,271 posts
11,883 battles
7 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Had a battle on Sleeping Giant less than an hour ago ... at the beginning of the battle, a Flint (bottom tier) across the map announced "Sorry, I've got to do this." ... and proceeded to shoot a friendly Skane ... until he turned pink and redirected damage sank him.  Several of us asked what he was trying to prove or do ... but no response. 

Some misguided "complaint" against MM?  Expression of rage about what happened to his Flint? ... we'll never know. 

Be careful when you play head games.

IF I could, I'd ban that player for a month for TKing.  No excuse for TKing a friendly because he was down tiered, especially in a Flint (nerf or not).  The right thing to do, is to just go AFK or not play the ship.  Hitting a friendly is just a major no no.

[O_O]
Members
6,969 posts
16,974 battles
5 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

Its almost like people don't like being forced into an artificial disadvantage they cannot control in a huge % of their games....

That is the mindset I'm talking about.  Defeated before the game even begins.

Other players don't mind playing when bottom tier.

I don't know how good you are, but for the majority of players, you have just as much of a chance to win when bottom tier as you do when top tier...because you have a team around you.  If you make the conscious or subconscious decision that you are going to lose because you are bottom tier, all you have done is to ensure your effort is toward losing. 

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

IF I could, I'd ban that player for a month for TKing.  No excuse for TKing a friendly because he was down tiered, especially in a Flint (nerf or not).  The right thing to do, is to just go AFK or not play the ship.  Hitting a friendly is just a major no no.

If they didnt want players to shoot each other, wg would eliminate friendly fire damage. The fact it is in game means they want us to do it.

to op, its fun from time to time and especially when you come out on top. Of course the handful of atagos i’ve dev struck at the beginning of a match in a thunderer or any other tier 10 bb might have a different perspective.

• Meh 2

[NSEW]
Members
2,271 posts
11,883 battles
4 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

If they didnt want players to shoot each other, wg would eliminate friendly fire damage. The fact it is in game means they want us to do it.

No matter which way you cut this, it just isn't kosher. 

Also, why didn't that Flint TK a larger ship instead of picking on a smaller HP DD?  

F that guy.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,288 posts
9,989 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

With that logic, you could say the same about the 2nd Amendment lol.

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,954 posts
5,510 battles
7 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Strangely I seem to do better bottom t.  When top I think I. To aggressive and blam.

It happens, you also have the "pressure" of being the "playmaker" when top tier.

7 hours ago, Toxygene said:

AP or HE (or mixed). I tend to end up with AP only on Prinz.

About the skills? None. I use both types as needed of course.

6 hours ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

post captain build please

not sure what they consider "standard" these days.

Well, "standard" for me. I usually go full survival on cruisers 

IFA 

PT 

Superintendent (extra heal)

CE, and the AA skill however it is called (20%+)

• Cool 1

Members
400 posts
26 battles
11 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Well, "standard" for me. I usually go full survival on cruisers 

IFA 

PT 

Superintendent (extra heal)

CE, and the AA skill however it is called (20%+)

This.
I think the "new meta" Heavy HE and SAP Shells & Top Grade Gunner minimum concealment combo is uh "bold and interesting" but honestly I am a tad unconvinced it's actually the best way to play most cruisers. 
Chonksters or Ninjas alike.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[SALVO]
Members
6,954 posts
5,510 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Of course the handful of atagos i’ve dev struck at the beginning of a match in a thunderer or any other tier 10 bb might have a different perspective.

If you get dev struck at the beginning by a 20km + salvo, there's only one reason... You didn't dodge. And this is my personal opinion but I feel I'm taking a lot less long range "scatter" damage, by being more compact the salvos are easier to dodge completely. Thunderer's in particular are very compact, few stray shells, the guy in that match missed me completely 4 times.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
5 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

No matter which way you cut this, it just isn't kosher. 

Also, why didn't that Flint TK a larger ship instead of picking on a smaller HP DD?  

F that guy.

People shoot people for all kinds of reasons from purely accidental to criticizing ship choice.

the simple answer is of course : BECAUSE THEY CAN.

until wg removes this nonsensical feature tk will continue to exist.

Edited by monpetitloup