You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

14 comments in this topic

[SMART]
Members
13 posts
13,793 battles

Hello,

I am trying to find good captain builds for my Alaska/Aegir/Azuma/Yoshino/Kronshtadt and am having minor difficulties.

CE and Superintendent and standard on everything I play that can take them. The heavy AP shells skill seems good, as well as Grease the Gears and Adrenaline Rush.

Is there any advice out there for good builds? 

[SGSS]
Members
5,776 posts
1 minute ago, Dmarvin said:

Hello,

I am trying to find good captain builds for my Alaska/Aegir/Azuma/Yoshino/Kronshtadt and am having minor difficulties.

CE and Superintendent and standard on everything I play that can take them. The heavy AP shells skill seems good, as well as Grease the Gears and Adrenaline Rush.

There is not much to tale for heavy ca these days.

[PISD]
Members
1,846 posts
6,128 battles
10 minutes ago, Dmarvin said:

Hello,

For Azuma and Yoshino: ignore concealment, grab all the rudder mod, take the +10% he damage and bralwer.

for the other: brawler is pretty good sinxe you will engage quite often ships within your concealment.

[RAGE]
Members
2,004 posts
9,099 battles

Unless you want to spec into RPF for some reason, I think this is the standard 19pt supercruiser build.  I don't think DE or whatever it's called now is worth it for 1% fire chance, nor is the detection penalty worth it for Heavy HE (maybe for Yoshino, but I don't have that ship).  Final 2 points probably to Expert AA mainly due to lack of other viable choices. 

temp.png

Edited by DouglasMacAwful

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
7 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

due to lack of other viable choices

If it already a SuperCruiser, the AP shells are nasty, no need to spec capt point into that Heavy AP skills, light cruiser is better

Survivability in this case

• Meh 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,585 posts
11,084 battles
10 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

If it already a SuperCruiser, the AP shells are nasty, no need to spec capt point into that Heavy AP skills, light cruiser is better

:Smile_amazed: Heavy AP Shells is literally useless on light cruisers, as it only affects guns of 190mm and larger.

12 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Survivability in this case

Post 0.10.0?

[KIA-C]
Members
3,686 posts
16,246 battles

image.png.cf9822f077ac0ae5921749f7fcac5ba0.png

This is what I would go with :

-Faster turret traverse and switching amo for obvious reasons

-PT for obvious reason

-SI and AR are very strong picks. AP skill is very useful since Alaska is mostly an AP spammer with improved AP pen angle.

-CE and Top gunner skill benefit that ship a lot since you want to fight people at mid range, and if you manage to get a DD spotted within your radar range in the open, it's more HE DPM to fight against him (or in general you get more DPM to fight people spotted within your detection range)

Edit : this would be my Alaska build. If it was a Yoshino I would take the improved HE damage over the AP damage.

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
24 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Heavy AP Shells is literally useless on light cruisers, as it only affects guns of 190mm and larger.

oh, then I spec my capt wrong, thank you.

I will re check them as soon as possible

[SALVO]
Members
26,139 posts
29,178 battles
16 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

So much for the Skill Rebork giving "more choices."

I agree, Haze.  I think that they tried and in some places succeeded.  But overall, they failed to create more variety of skill builds.

I think that one problem was that they failed to get rid of the absolute must-have skills like Survivability Expert and Last Stand for DDs, CE for most ships, and so on.  The more must-have skills there are, the fewer skill points are left with which to choose other options.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,585 posts
11,084 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

How can you say that?! We now have all these great new skill choices for cruisers that buff our torpedoes and nerf our concealment! :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Nevermore135

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

How can you say that?! We now have all these great new skill choices for cruisers that buff our torpedoes and nerf our concealment! :Smile_sceptic:

JOY!

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,472 posts
13,117 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Pretty much, Once you avoid the noob traps, we're gonna be back to maybe 2 builds for each type, with a few weird outliers for the oddball ships.

Sounds like pre-rework to me.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles
7 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Pretty much, Once you avoid the noob traps, we're gonna be back to maybe 2 builds for each type, with a few weird outliers for the oddball ships.

Sounds like pre-rework to me.

Don't you want your Atago Torpedo Builds?

Do you not always put your Cruiser in position where the enemy team greatly outnumbers you?

Do you not want to increase your shell damage while also worsen your concealment by FIFTEEN F***ING %?

What do you mean you don't like Demolition Expert anymore?  WHY NOT???

"Wow, for 3 points I can improve the damage of Torpedoes on my Cruiser, the weapons I have the least amount of success with on such ships!"

"I am so glad that on a ship type that loses modules a lot, I no longer have access to Preventive Maintenance!"

Haha!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1