You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lallave

ship slots

17 comments in this topic

[_JAG_]
Members
66 posts
5,578 battles

I have 31 boat slots that I don't use. I have looked all over WOW but can't find anything about selling these. I use 7 ships exclusively and will never need these, so I might as well sell them. Is this possible?

Members
1,113 posts
10,758 battles
9 minutes ago, lallave said:

I have 31 boat slots that I don't use. I have looked all over WOW but can't find anything about selling these. I use 7 ships exclusively and will never need these, so I might as well sell them. Is this possible?

Never say never :-)

Keep them !!! They are hard to come by and you will need them before you know it.

When I started out I wanted only 2 ships... I got them, and 150 others now.

And the 2 I wanted so badly I rarely play now !

Edited by freggo
  • Cool 2

Members
1,113 posts
10,758 battles
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Yes.

image.thumb.png.d927af0154d6e1cef6597c74dac4fd78.png

Doesn't this sell the ship, not the empty slot?

Edited by freggo
spelling fix

[SGSS]
Members
5,747 posts
1 minute ago, freggo said:

Desn't this sell the ship, not the empty slot?

Only the ship.

Unless you really need the money there is no reason to sell it.

You only get have the cost of a ship back.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,366 posts
17,012 battles
11 minutes ago, lallave said:

31 boat slots

I had 52 free port slots staying there for future botes that I may progress down ...... Keep them in case you may need them in the future

They cost 300 dub to buy, was on sale 2 yrs ago at 150 dub each But now it gone. You can still get them from campaign, daily mission at certain mile stone. They very valuable in long runs and there are no reason to sell them when you not need them now.

No options to sell them either, so keep them

• Meh 1

[ARC]
Members
1,072 posts
11,456 battles
11 minutes ago, lallave said:

You can't sell ship slots.

Just as a matter of fact, you can get 2 new slots monthly for getting enough daily missions done. So the amount is more likely to grow then drop.

4 minutes ago, freggo said:

Never say never :-)

Keep them !!! They are hard to come by and you will need them before you know it.

When I started out I wanted only 2 ships... I got them, and 150 others now.

And the 2 I wanted so badly I rarely play now !

So much this. I have 250 ships right now, and still have 15 free slots that I think I will never use up. Right now I am just playing my premium ships to make credits (did some purchases to get tier Xs and spent almost 100M credits). 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,513 posts

I maintain at all times about 30 slots free. Once a month there is a couple of slots added via combat missions. Last year or so I was 15 ships now I am closing on 60 with still about 30 slots free. The main project was finishing the expansion of the reserve to hold ALL of the commanders next time a botched 10.0 happens in the future until they can be resettled into their ships. So almost 110 reserve slots free and occupied about 30. I dont own more than one or two at T4 and none below. Because the quality of gaming in those very low tiers only resurrect early nightmares of the first year grinding against a wall.

With the slow pace of ship buying I probably will have 100 ships by christmas next year. If things go well. Planning on adding 20 to 30 this year alone. Mostly against the 2021 xmas snowflake season harvesting of steel which is the only main goal this year.

If you had to feel that you sell something that tells me you are short on credits. Try to just let things be that you possess and build on what you are short of instead. I have a number of ships that need permo camo for example. Eventually all of that will have one. (About 20 so about 100 dollars in dubs to pay the camos etc) This game is not a speed race. Ive been in this 5 years and some of the goals such as steel is not yet completed. It will be a couple more years grind.

Edited by xHeavy

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,203 posts
21,001 battles

174 ships in port. 146 slots available.

[NWO-1]
Members
215 posts
4,582 battles

I don't see the value of selling any ships T5 and above. You can milk the extras for coal or steel twice a year.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,855 posts
14,863 battles
13 hours ago, lallave said:

... I use 7 ships exclusively and will never need these,...

If you’re never going to use more than the seven ships you already have, what’s the point selling the slots? What do you want the credits for?

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,722 posts
11,087 battles

You can't sell the slots, and wouldn't get much for them if you were able to sell them anyway.  Slots are easy to get these days which is a good thing.  Years ago, slots were a premium item.  They were hard to come by unless you purchased them.  In the end, I wouldn't worry about having a bunch on hand.  It's better than the alternative of having none and needing some.

[_JAG_]
Members
66 posts
5,578 battles
On 2/8/2021 at 7:29 AM, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

If you’re never going to use more than the seven ships you already have, what’s the point selling the slots? What do you want the credits for?

Signal and camouflage expenses

[A-I-M]
Members
3,855 posts
14,863 battles
3 minutes ago, lallave said:

Signal and camouflage expenses

If you’re cannibalizing everything you have to get credits to pay signal and camouflage expenses, you’re doing it wrong.

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

I would love to be able to sell slots for say FXP or Coal maybe even Steel.

After 5 years on this game and grinding every line to completion, plus numerous premium and monthly slots given, I have more slots than the game has ships.

I also learned what ships I really enjoy and have them in port only (currently about 24 off memory) I would keep those slots obviously plus at least another 20 for (regrinding lines for new ships in the armory) as I grind IJN and USN DD Lines weekly for the perks. Also have some for (new lines) or (new Premiums) and then some for bringing back t-10 ships for Events like snowflakes. Sell the rest.

Unless you collect ships and want a port of Port Princess's there is no reason to have more slots when you really keep getting them monthly.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,466 posts

There was a time that the xp chests dropped port, equipment (like enhanced steering gear), and or reserve slots. Thankfully people didn't like getting free stuff like that and complained to WG until WG stopped putting such useless things in the xp containers.