You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyrom

A miracle has happened!!! What do I do now? (Pan Asian prems)

24 comments in this topic

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles

So, yesterday after a clanmate said that he got 2 prem ships from 5-pack container, I decided to try my luck. Bought 6-pack of "Journey to the West" containers, and... all possible 4 ships came out of those 6 containers!

unknown.png

I think WG is trying to compensate for the bad santa containers (I got 0 ships from like 25 or  30 of those, free ones).

Ok, now to the question

All 4 ships came with 10 point captains, but they all are premium. There is no need for they all to have their own cap, right? 
Also, there is only 1 line of pan-Asian researchable line, DDs. So, I can chose 1 of those four 10-pt caps, assign him to the research DD, and also spec that single cap to all other classes, so he alone can drive the dd, and all 4 new prem ships (assuming I am OK with same skills for Bajie and Wujing). Other 3 caps could just stay in reserve for future use.

Is this a good idea? Is there something wrong with it? Am I missing something?
Thanks everyone in advance!

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,361 posts
1 minute ago, crazyrom said:

So, yesterday after a clanmate said that he got 2 prem ships from 5-pack container, I decided to try my luck. Bought 6-pack of "Journey to the West" containers, and... all possible 4 ships came out of those 6 containers!

unknown.png

I think WG is trying to compensate for the bad santa containers (I got 0 ships from like 25 or  30 of those, free ones).

Ok, now to the question

All 4 ships came with 10 point captains, but they all are premium. There is no need for they all to have their own cap, right? 
Also, there is only 1 line of pan-Asian researchable line, DDs. So, I can chose 1 of those four 10-pt caps, assign him to the research DD, and also spec that single cap to all other classes, so he alone can drive the dd, and all 4 new prem ships (assuming I am OK with same skills for Bajie and Wujing). Other 3 caps could just stay in reserve for future use.

However you want to do it, but I'd keep at least two.

[SIM]
Members
5,802 posts
9,266 battles

There’s nothing wrong with that. Hang onto at least two captains, but make one your primary trainer. You can spec identically for Bajie and Wujing without any real problems. Congratulations, that’s a really amazing haul. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,674 posts
27,410 battles

Just because they aren’t the general generic captains, I’d keep all four, even if you don’t use them.

I’m a collector though, so take that for what you will.

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
22 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

However you want to do it, but I'd keep at least two.

I will keep them all either in reserve or living on the ships (to save reserve space).
But only 1 will be used in all 5 ships (4 prems and 1 research dd)

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Just because they aren’t the general generic captains, I’d keep all four, even if you don’t use them.

I’m a collector though, so take that for what you will.

don't worry, keeping them all heheh, not deleting of course! The question is about using just 1 and keeping other 3 parked. Is there something wrong with this?

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,361 posts
7 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

don't worry, keeping them all heheh, not deleting of course! The question is about using just 1 and keeping other 3 parked. Is there something wrong with this?

No use them to spec diffrent capt builds or keep them to crew other ships cheaper than working up a new 1 pointer, well quicker lol

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles

out of those 4, 1 is CV, 2 is bb, and 1 is cruiser

You should keep 2, 1 for CV, and don't touch this capt

1 capt that you can spec for bb/cruise/dd since all those ships are premium. Focus on lvl that capt because he can be fit in with 3 ship types ... until he is max at 21, then you can pick on the next capt if you want to lvl up ... it best to have at least 2 max cap for each nation

[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
1 hour ago, crazyrom said:

So, I can chose 1 of those four 10-pt caps, assign him to the research DD, and also spec that single cap to all other classes, so he alone can drive the dd, and all 4 new prem ships (assuming I am OK with same skills for Bajie and Wujing). Other 3 caps could just stay in reserve for future use.

Is this a good idea?

Yep, that's a good idea. 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,142 posts
13,187 battles

unknown.png

Ok, now to the question

In theory, one Commander could be the Captain of all four ships, plus a Pan-Asian DD of your choosing.
The Commander would have to be swapped from ship-to-ship, depending upon which ship you're playing at the moment.
Because of the skills re-bork, it is possible for a single Commander to have four skill-sets, one for each class of ship (DD, Cruiser, BB and CV).

The Ships are Premium, so you don't need to spend XP or doubloons to "re-train" the Commander to each ship.

If you assign the Commander to a tech-tree ship, they'll be trained on that ship (and can still Command a premium ship without re-training).

Alternatively, you could leave each ship & commander combo intact.
Since they each arrived with 10 skill points, they've got enough points for a decent skill-build.

• Thanks 1

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
24 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

out of those 4, 1 is CV, 2 is bb, and 1 is cruiser

You should keep 2, 1 for CV, and don't touch this capt

1 capt that you can spec for bb/cruise/dd since all those ships are premium. Focus on lvl that capt because he can be fit in with 3 ship types ... until he is max at 21, then you can pick on the next capt if you want to lvl up ... it best to have at least 2 max cap for each nation

Why are you discriminating the CV? CV is also premium, so same cap can also learn to drive the CV, without any penalty to the ramaining ship types, right?
So why you say 1 cap for CV and 1 cap for remaining types?

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

In theory, one Commander could be the Captain of all four ships, plus a Pan-Asian DD of your choosing.
The Commander would have to be swapped from ship-to-ship, depending upon which ship you're playing at the moment.
Because of the skills re-bork, it is possible for a single Commander to have four skill-sets, one for each class of ship (DD, Cruiser, BB and CV).

The Ships are Premium, so you don't need to spend XP or doubloons to "re-train" the Commander to each ship.

If you assign the Commander to a tech-tree ship, they'll be trained on that ship (and can still Command a premium ship without re-training).

So, you are basically confirming that there is nothing wrong with my idea, right? 
1 cap drives all 5 ships and other 3 can stay parked, waiting for some day when they could release asian cruiser/bb line.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,473 posts
13,117 battles

unknown.png

Ok, now to the question

With how you can multiple spec captains (have them with a set of skills for battleships, a set for cruisers, a set for destroyers and a set for carriers) you can train them using any of the above ships.

Now a captain can only be "trained" in one tech tree ship, so those captains can each be trained in a different tech tree DD. Once there's more Pan Asian lines, you've got more options for them.

• Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,142 posts
13,187 battles
6 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

So, you are basically confirming that there is nothing wrong with my idea, right? 
1 cap drives all 5 ships and other 3 can stay parked, waiting for some day when they could release asian cruiser/bb line.

Short version?  Yes.  :-)

Also, given how expensive in skill points that a CV build can be, getting a ton of XP on one Commander will give them the best chance to get to 17 skill points in the shortest amount of time.

By the way, Congratulations.  I'm happy for you.  :cap_like:

• Thanks 1

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Short version?  Yes.  :-)

Also, given how expensive in skill points that a CV build can be, getting a ton of XP on one Commander will give them the best chance to get to 17 skill points in the shortest amount of time.

By the way, Congratulations.  I'm happy for you.  :cap_like:

Thank you! Trying to add good reactions to your replies but something is wrong with forum, it's giving me errors. But I will not close this page until it works xD

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
8 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

With how you can multiple spec captains (have them with a set of skills for battleships, a set for cruisers, a set for destroyers and a set for carriers) you can train them using any of the above ships.

Now a captain can only be "trained" in one tech tree ship, so those captains can each be trained in a different tech tree DD. Once there's more Pan Asian lines, you've got more options for them.

Well, there is only one for now, a dd. And I hardly will leave a trained cap on a t5,t6 etc dd, so the lone cap will progress to next ship (forgot to mention, I am only at T4 or 5 of asian dds. So will not even put the cap right now to avoid retraining him after 5 battles xD. Probaby 1st dd to get this new cap will be t6 one.)

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,473 posts
13,117 battles
35 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

Well, there is only one for now, a dd. And I hardly will leave a trained cap on a t5,t6 etc dd, so the lone cap will progress to next ship (forgot to mention, I am only at T4 or 5 of asian dds. So will not even put the cap right now to avoid retraining him after 5 battles xD. Probaby 1st dd to get this new cap will be t6 one.)

True, but after you get a few that might be worth keeping, you've got plenty of captains.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
2 hours ago, crazyrom said:

unknown.png

Ok, now to the question

Grats!  As others have mentioned, you can use one Captain, trained for Tech Tree DDs, and use him on Premium DDs, and the 4 ships you won by using the different skills sets available to each captain for DDs, BBs, etc.

There's only 2 other things I'd point out ...

First, you may want to continue to use the other 3 Captains on any of the premiums occasionally just to keep adding Commander XP to them for more skill points down the road ... you can pick a basic skill or two and play perfectly well without committing to a full build out until you're ready

Second, if you have or plan to get Anshan (for free in the event right now) and/or LoYang ... and keep a few of the Tech Tree DDs (e.g. Fushun) be aware you might want to spec Fushun/Anshan slightly different from the rest of the line due to the slow turrets

See below, I currently have 1 Rong brother on Fushun/Anshan (using Greased Gears) ... the other on Gadja Mada (and higher later) / LoYang

PATurrets.jpg

• Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
8,142 posts
13,187 battles

Thank you! Trying to add good reactions to your replies but something is wrong with forum, it's giving me errors. But I will not close this page until it works xD

The number of "reactions" a person can use in a 24 hour period is limited.
Try again tomorrow, or just type a response, as you've already demonstrated.  :Smile_honoring:

• Thanks 1

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The number of "reactions" a person can use in a 24 hour period is limited.
Try again tomorrow, or just type a response, as you've already demonstrated.  :Smile_honoring:

Ah, I did not know, ty. Well, does not matter, tab stays open heheh.

[FLTF1]
Members
287 posts
7,871 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

Grats!  As others have mentioned, you can use one Captain, trained for Tech Tree DDs, and use him on Premium DDs, and the 4 ships you won by using the different skills sets available to each captain for DDs, BBs, etc.

There's only 2 other things I'd point out ...

First, you may want to continue to use the other 3 Captains on any of the premiums occasionally just to keep adding Commander XP to them for more skill points down the road ... you can pick a basic skill or two and play perfectly well without committing to a full build out until you're ready

Second, if you have or plan to get Anshan (for free in the event right now) and/or LoYang ... and keep a few of the Tech Tree DDs (e.g. Fushun) be aware you might want to spec Fushun/Anshan slightly different from the rest of the line due to the slow turrets

See below, I currently have 1 Rong brother on Fushun/Anshan (using Greased Gears) ... the other on Gadja Mada (and higher later) / LoYang

PATurrets.jpg

hmmm I will get that dd, sure thing. Will see about that one, with such slow turrets, it has to be a torp boat, in that case I will not mind slow turrets, will probably not bother creating a cap just for that single t6 dd with slow turrets. But will check it's stats after I get it and see, thanks for the info!

Also, I completely forgot about Rongs, so I will buy the coal one in 1-2 weeks and use him. All the questions of this topic stand, just instead of those 4 unique caps will use Rong heheh

[WPORT]
Members
8,142 posts
13,187 battles
38 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

Ah, I did not know, ty. Well, does not matter, tab stays open heheh.

You're welcome.  :-)

:cap_hmm:
The words you chose, reminded me of something.
image_2021-02-07_224350.thumb.png.5b9549622788a128f80906df22fd6dce.png

• Thanks 1

[META_]
Members
228 posts
3,195 battles
30 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

hmmm I will get that dd, sure thing. Will see about that one, with such slow turrets, it has to be a torp boat, in that case I will not mind slow turrets, will probably not bother creating a cap just for that single t6 dd with slow turrets. But will check it's stats after I get it and see, thanks for the info!

Also, I completely forgot about Rongs, so I will buy the coal one in 1-2 weeks and use him. All the questions of this topic stand, just instead of those 4 unique caps will use Rong heheh

Anshan/Fushun are decent torp boats - Anshan especially since she gets normal torps instead of the deepwater torps - but their guns hit very hard and have reasonable reload (same 130mm guns as the T6 Russian DD Gnevny), so they can gunboat quite well too.  They're just not knife-fighters.