Aptar111

New to Clan Membership/Battles

8 comments in this topic

[T_N_R]
Members
30 posts
6,858 battles

After turning down dozens of clan invitations over the last months, I accepted an invitation today and joined my first clan.  The problem is that I know absolutely nothing about how the clans work.  I am sure there may be many others who have not joined a clan for the same reason.

Is there anyone willing to answer, in detail, the multitudes of questions I have about participating in a clan?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,937 posts
18,230 battles

This may help.

You are now part of a clan and you will have access to your clan port. Depending on how far along it is developed you will start getting discounts on service costs to your ships. Bonuses to ship, commander, and free XP. If the steel and coal expansions have been completed you’ll get bonuses to your steel and coal collection. If the treasury and research expansions are complete you may have bonuses to RB points and could receive a extra container occasionally.

Until recently you had to be a member of a clan to have access to clan battles. The new mercenary provision I think let’s you bypass that.

[T_N_R]
Members
30 posts
6,858 battles

So, how are these clan bases developed?

Do I have advantages when not playing in a clan battle, say, just in a Co-op battle?

How do the clan expansions happen and what are they?

I am now on Discord but I have no idea what to do next?

More questions later.

[BTLST]
Members
727 posts
11,199 battles

The advantages of belonging to a clan is getting to know and play with a given group of players.    Another is you will earn extra;  Ship XP, Elite Commander XP, FXP, Credits, Coal, Steel, Research Points and have your After Battle Expenses reduced after every battle.   Additionally you will be able to purchase Tech Tree ships at a good discount.   By being in a clan, if it chooses to play in them, you will be able to play on teams in Clan Battles and Clan Brawls which will allow you to earn more COAL & STEEL than non clan members can.    The amount of earnings up to the maximum permitted is based on how much of their Naval Base your clan has built.   Newer clans will still be building their naval bases.   They are built by the clans generating oil which is generated for each crate a member receives, or purchases.   The more oil generated by members the quicker the build out is completed and earning maximized.   

Playing in Clan Battles and Brawls is different than any other of WoWs battles.   That is because you are a member of a team that will have a battle plan that the battle caller will adapt to meet that which the other team is doing.   There is no random players running around doing their own thing and the hell with the rest of the team.   Many of us find that extremely satisfying.

The Clan you have joined was started 372 days ago and has players similar to you.    It's Naval Base is well built and near being fully built out so you will earn extra of the above items I mentioned.    Don't be bashful about greeting other members and learning how to use DISCORD.    It is great and the more players use it when playing the stronger the bonds between them and their clan mates become.    So be a good student, read about clans in the WoWs Wiki site and be a participating member.      

Good Luck!

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,155 posts
16,067 battles
On 2/8/2021 at 8:05 AM, Aptar111 said:

So, how are these clan bases developed?

Each crate (eg dailies) you open provides 10 oil - this is a clan resource used by your clan leaders to build the various structures in the clan port - the more active members of the clan, the faster it builds the structures. 

Do I have advantages when not playing in a clan battle, say, just in a Co-op battle?

yes. They are always on iirc. 

How do the clan expansions happen and what are they?

one of the structures that can be bought increases the maximum population of your clan so your leaders can add more members. 

I am now on Discord but I have no idea what to do next?

that’s up to you and your clan! 

some are really active, some are quiet and you’ll need to navigate that - but in terms of coordination pre game and in game, as well as just getting to know people, it’s a great tool. Clans are small communities - speaking helps build that community (or realise it’s not for you!!). 

More questions later.

[T_N_R]
Members
30 posts
6,858 battles

So far there has been next to nothing for communication in my clan.  I see where clan brawls are available but I have no clue whether my clan is participating or not.  When there is a clan battle how am I supposed to know?  How will I know whether I am supposed to be in a clan battle? 

I have asked these questions in chat but I get no answers.  So far, not terribly happy with clan membership.

[O_S_D]
Members
229 posts
17,979 battles

It sounds like you have a very passive clan.  You can look for another, but you have to wait 3 days after leaving to join a new clan.  Or you can just accept that your clan is passive and be happy with the extra XP and other bonuses.

If you want to do stuff with your clan you can offer to set things up.  You don't need to wait for someone else to do it.  Organizing teams for clan brawls can be a pain. 

My clan doesn't do much with clan brawls, but we are pretty active with Naval Battles every weekend.