You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

How to have controlled aggression as bottom tier

3 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,696 posts
17,868 battles

Hello captains , here is a video that I go over my thoughts and how I attack as a bottom tier destroyer . I LOVE being bottom tier in my cruisers and destroyers . The XP is more delicious and I play even more AGGRESSIVE than when I am top tier . I have less to lose , many many battles I will be bottom tier but die early because I put my self in a murder suicide position to take out a higher tier ship than myself . It is not  YOLO ,  and I explain my style and line of thinking in this video . We all see the Meta has changed to support ships sitting further back so the good/great capper/knife fighter/DD killer will flourish until Meta changes again . My Youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if you enjoy the aggressive style and my line of thought and how I explain things , I try to make videos the way I wish they were when I first came in to the game , teaching and helping others learn . Happy hunting and be happy with the rise of the aggressive DDs in this current meta . 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
1,420 posts
10,997 battles

Good game.   

I think that Tier 8 DDs have fewer disadvantages than other types.  That is where DDs get the concealment mod, and some can even out spot their tier 9 and 10 counterparts. Looking at you Harekaze/Kagero.  It is important in being aggressive to work from your wheelhouse. 

I had a battle in TRB Yugumo that I was against the Tier 9 French DD. He was trying to burn BBs on our flank, but I had moved up on the flank to avoid getting spotted in cap. I was able to keep him at bay by vision until he went back to the same map position three times. I remembered the first two and the third time, there were torps well on the way. The red Kagero could have spotted me and let him finish me, but he opened up on me. Teammates helped me whittle him down, then, the Mogador which punished me lost eyes. 

Like the Shima in your game, neither DD had RDF and that played bigly into me being able  to dictate the terms of the engagement and come out on top.

Also, as you described, sometimes I forget and instead of getting the bear, the bear gets me. 

See you on the pixel ocean.

[META_]
Members
1,696 posts
17,868 battles
On 2/8/2021 at 1:53 PM, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

Good game.   

I think that Tier 8 DDs have fewer disadvantages than other types.  That is where DDs get the concealment mod, and some can even out spot their tier 9 and 10 counterparts. Looking at you Harekaze/Kagero.  It is important in being aggressive to work from your wheelhouse. 

I had a battle in TRB Yugumo that I was against the Tier 9 French DD. He was trying to burn BBs on our flank, but I had moved up on the flank to avoid getting spotted in cap. I was able to keep him at bay by vision until he went back to the same map position three times. I remembered the first two and the third time, there were torps well on the way. The red Kagero could have spotted me and let him finish me, but he opened up on me. Teammates helped me whittle him down, then, the Mogador which punished me lost eyes. 

Like the Shima in your game, neither DD had RDF and that played bigly into me being able  to dictate the terms of the engagement and come out on top.

Also, as you described, sometimes I forget and instead of getting the bear, the bear gets me. 

See you on the pixel ocean.

Can ya out there captain....nice game