You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_LordVoldemort

Low tier credit farming

19 comments in this topic

[P33DZ]
Members
13 posts
759 battles

Hey everyone!

Recenlty, I took a look at my older screenshots and realized that I earned more credits with tier 4-5 ships than tier 8 North Carolina. So my question is that is it worth buying them again for credit farming?

20200609105210_1.jpg

Members
5,664 posts
11,000 battles

As you go up in tiers - the service costs go up rather steeply.   This is in order for folks to play lower tiers for credits and keep the tiers fuller with ship else they would generally group at the top tiers.  The only way to make really good money at the top tiers is be Unicum or have premium ships. 

Unless this account is a reroll - you need to stay at the lower tiers till you get better.  The learning curve for high tier play is steep and IMHO - you need at least 1500 more games to start getting the toes wet in higher tier games.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1

Members
1,918 posts
27,804 battles

My fleet begins at Tier 5, as <5 can't complete the dailies.

• Cool 3

[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles
21 minutes ago, _LordVoldemort said:

Hey everyone!

Recenlty, I took a look at my older screenshots and realized that I earned more credits with tier 4-5 ships than tier 8 North Carolina. So my question is that is it worth buying them again for credit farming?

20200609105210_1.jpg

If your purpose is strictly to earn credits, then there is nothing wrong with playing lower tier ships.
Once upon a time I stuck a bunch of signal flags and a one-use camo on my Hosho and had a 500k+ credit game in a random battle. 
Thanks to my allies & adversaries for keeping it interesting and for playing well enough to draw the match out to 20 minutes or so.
Anyway, ....
The "sweet spot" is Tier 5 (for the earnings versus service-costs ratio) and Tier 6 & Tier 7, because one can participate in Scenario Operations (which tend to provide higher earnings potential).

Keep in mind that random battles have higher potential earnings when compared to co-op battles.
Co-op is more relaxing, in my opinion, and one can often squeeze more battles into an hour of play-time, so... one can do the math based upon their personal history and decide for themselves what feels optimal.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[O_S_D]
[O_S_D]
Members
228 posts
27,315 battles

Obtain mid-tier premium ships instead of discarded tech-tree.  Premium ships have a built-in credit bonus that increases Tier V through X.  As CylonRed observes, post-battle expenses increase even faster.  Premium ships in Tiers V, VI, & VII are the sweet spot for credit earning. 

Edited by Daffyd9x
  • Thanks 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,555 posts

And join a clan. And use permacamo which will reduce expenses and gain credits faster. The lower tiers farm the support for T`10. I spend a lot of time in T10 and earn enough to stay in it.

What you do not want to do is spend real dollars to buy credits ever. It costs WG nothing at all to create them for sale. and 60 mil will be easy gone bye bye in no time.

[PVE]
Members
10,927 posts
18,924 battles

Having been a credit farmer for five years now, I find that if you plant Narai and Aegis seeds, you get the best returns on your hard work. Newport seeds will ruin the soil, your fields lay fallow and you get little return for your toils.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Thanks 1

[HAI]
Members
206 posts

Mainz, or Alaska, or Jean Bart should solve credit problem permanently. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles

The higher the tier the costlier it is due to servicing costs.  Even the shells, torps, even aircraft used during a game goes towards your post battle costs.

When I was new I noticed a good spike in costs when I left Tier VI and got into my first Tier VII, Colorado.  Then VIII North Carolina was notably expensive.  Tier IX Iowa even more so.  Etc.  In the very old days, especially when High Tier Premium Ships were rarer and Tier X had no Perma-Camo with big cost cutting perks, a lot of guys hanged around Mid Tiers (V-VI) to make money so they could feed their High Tier play.

Premium Ships have a lot less costs to run them, and this makes a big difference in High Tier.

Playing well in High Tier also means good rewards.

Tier IX-X Perma-Camo have better servicing cost reduction.  Tier VIII and below have a more modest 10% cost reduction which really isn't much.  But Tier IX gets 20% and Tier X gets a whopping 50%.  Long, long ago, Tier X Perma-Camo didn't exist.  Their arrival into the game had a huge impact in being able to stick around Tier X and not bleed credits.

Careful though about the Low Tiers for making money.  It's not exactly good money making there the lower in tiers you go.  Though Mid Tiers has traditionally been a good spot for efficient credit making, MM changes over the years have made Tier V-VII a potential headache as players "gamed" Matchmaker to try and Seal Club those tiers with High Tier ships.  It's not fun playing Tier VI New Mexico when you're getting pegged by Massachusetts, Amagi, Tier VIII CVs, Tier VIII DDs, High Tier Cruisers, etc.  It's even less fun being Colorado, Gneisenau against Jean Bart, Musashi, and other Tier IX monstrosities.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[P33DZ]
Members
13 posts
759 battles
16 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The higher the tier the costlier it is due to servicing costs.  Even the shells, torps, even aircraft used during a game goes towards your post battle costs.

When I was new I noticed a good spike in costs when I left Tier VI and got into my first Tier VII, Colorado.  Then VIII North Carolina was notably expensive.  Tier IX Iowa even more so.  Etc.  In the very old days, especially when High Tier Premium Ships were rarer and Tier X had no Perma-Camo with big cost cutting perks, a lot of guys hanged around Mid Tiers (V-VI) to make money so they could feed their High Tier play.

Premium Ships have a lot less costs to run them, and this makes a big difference in High Tier.

Playing well in High Tier also means good rewards.

Tier IX-X Perma-Camo have better servicing cost reduction.  Tier VIII and below have a more modest 10% cost reduction which really isn't much.  But Tier IX gets 20% and Tier X gets a whopping 50%.  Long, long ago, Tier X Perma-Camo didn't exist.  Their arrival into the game had a huge impact in being able to stick around Tier X and not bleed credits.

Careful though about the Low Tiers for making money.  It's not exactly good money making there the lower in tiers you go.  Though Mid Tiers has traditionally been a good spot for efficient credit making, MM changes over the years have made Tier V-VII a potential headache as players "gamed" Matchmaker to try and Seal Club those tiers with High Tier ships.  It's not fun playing Tier VI New Mexico when you're getting pegged by Massachusetts, Amagi, Tier VIII CVs, Tier VIII DDs, High Tier Cruisers, etc.  It's even less fun being Colorado, Gneisenau against Jean Bart, Musashi, and other Tier IX monstrosities.

Thanks, this is a good answer because I'm feeling same like you when you bought North Carolina. I'm at the same ship and I get very solid credit outputs even if I'm bottom tier and do 100k dmg... 

And I think that the perfect choice is tier 5 becaue I don't see tier 8 ships (except fail div) and I don't get killed by tier 8 CVs.

So, which tier do you prefer the most? 

Edited by _LordVoldemort

[P33DZ]
Members
13 posts
759 battles
19 hours ago, xHeavy said:

And join a clan. And use permacamo which will reduce expenses and gain credits faster. The lower tiers farm the support for T`10. I spend a lot of time in T10 and earn enough to stay in it.

What you do not want to do is spend real dollars to buy credits ever. It costs WG nothing at all to create them for sale. and 60 mil will be easy gone bye bye in no time.

Yes, I'm thinking to buy doubloons then convert them into credits. Because if I buy a premium ship and I don't like her, I'll definitely sell her and it's a pointless way to spend real dollars.

[P33DZ]
Members
13 posts
759 battles
18 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Having been a credit farmer for five years now, I find that if you plant Narai and Aegis seeds, you get the best returns on your hard work. Newport seeds will ruin the soil, your fields lay fallow and you get little return for your toils.

So you're saying that a good operation makes lots of credits? You're right because it's a really good way to earn credits but I need atleast 200k dmg to earn meaningful amount of credits.

[P33DZ]
Members
13 posts
759 battles
20 hours ago, Daffyd9x said:

Obtain mid-tier premium ships instead of discarded tech-tree.  Premium ships have a built-in credit bonus that increases Tier V through X.  As CylonRed observes, post-battle expenses increase even faster.  Premium ships in Tiers V, VI, & VII are the sweet spot for credit earning. 

So should I buy tier 5-7 premiums? for example Scharnhorst, Dunkerque and I heard that tier 7 cruiser München is a good credit farm, did I hear it good?

[CO-OP]
Members
2,083 posts
27,618 battles

High tier play in COOP without perma camo can result in net negative silver even in a good game. Playing a tier 3 premium, Charleston is my choice, in randoms will usually net you more silver than a T10 match without permacamo in COOP.

[NG-NL]
Members
394 posts
10,495 battles

My first investment was a premium ship to earn credits faster. Now, I buy permanent camouflage on favorite Tier 10 ships so that I can play them more often.

If you're ready to spend money on this game, I suggest you buy a premium ship that you will enjoy playing. In fact, it looks like you have Massachusetts, which (based on your game history) looks like the perfect choice!

Premium time also gives you more credits. If you find yourself playing very often, it might be worth it, but I still think a premium ship is better.

The one thing—the one thing—you should not do, is to spend money to get credits. Whether that's to buy credits directly or spend doubloons for credits, you're really just burning your money.

Enjoy the Massachusetts! It's a great ship. The only problem is that you battle with Tier 10 ships, and the most experienced players in the game. But then, that's something you will eventually face anyway.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,723 posts
11,087 battles

If you enjoy the game, then purchase premium time.  It is the best investment and it gives a credit and XP earning boost to all ships.

T8 and T9 premiums give great economic boosts to increase credit farming.  As mentioned, the scenarios are a great way to earn credits as well.  They pay really well, especially if you have a good premium to play.  

As you work your way up the tiers, you will find that your XP earnings and ability to research new ships will occur faster than your credit earnings will allow for purchasing.  The game is designed that way.  When you make it to a T10 ship, it is not designed to allow you to play it continually free of charge to earn credits to purchase other ships.  It is designed to be a credit sink for free players unless you are really good, and it is designed to entice players to purchase premium time and premium camos so they don't loose credits.  The mid range tiers almost always earn credits, but at a reduced amount compared to the higher tiers.  This is because the reduced costs for playing at the mid tiers offset the reduced earnings.  A good player at higher tiers, not T10, can earn more than a good player at mid to lower tiers, but an average or lower player will earn more at the lower tiers than the higher tiers.

1 hour ago, _LordVoldemort said:

Yes, I'm thinking to buy doubloons then convert them into credits. Because if I buy a premium ship and I don't like her, I'll definitely sell her and it's a pointless way to spend real dollars.

Don't do that.  Its a really bad investment.  Your time is a better investment for credits than just purchasing them, especially given the huge cost for credits.  They are really overpriced.  If you do buy a premium ship, never sell it.  It always has a use which is greater than the credits you will get for it. 

• Thanks 1

Members
13 posts

DD's all the way low cost per game and you get to die quick if it's a poor team and restart again . DD's all the way best way to learn the game all the way.

Edited by Rudolphshipz
  • Thanks 1

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
222 posts
1,728 battles
23 hours ago, _LordVoldemort said:

Hey everyone!

20200609105210_1.jpg

Might be more of the speed of the games at tier 4-6, more games more money. Tier 9 premiums will net you a lot more credits for a win or loss though. For example my JB on a good win (top 3 players of a game with 2k+ Base XP) I'm netting about 1.2 Million credits with econ flags. After service costs and everything for an average tier V game, that's about almost 6 games worth in one go. Now granted, I'm not hitting those MVP batting averages every game...

• Thanks 1