You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
brewakeg

Give me an option other than another SLOT

7 comments in this topic

Members
312 posts
10,413 battles

I'm not a collector of ships.  I like the 35 I have now, and can see adding another 4-5 this year if I keep playing.    I've got 49 empty slots.     And I'll probably get awarded another:

So this "reward" is meaningless.  Not even as good to me as a few signals or cheap camo.  

WOW, can you give us a CHOICE for these type of awards???       Some people need Slots, other people don't.     And I can't Sell them (that would be an option too).    They are just stuck there, useless.   

Thanks for listening....

WOW_slots_award.JPG

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
182 posts
10,457 battles

Agreed - while I am a ship collector, I have a number of empty slots and don't need another one.  Would like the choice of either selling them or getting coal for these missions.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,665 posts
25,152 battles

I like the slots for free but like you, I wish there was a choice of rewards with the Dailies. Honestly the Daily missions have been one of the best changes to the game and I really like how they are set up. Casual players and hardcore players both benefit from it and it does not take up too much time out of your life like many temporary events do. It would be nice to be able to pick which reward you are to receive IMHO. 

• Cool 2

Members
878 posts

here is an option>>>>>   i would like a consumables addition to my republique ..some 20km radar please ..seems all the dishes spinning around on top of this ship somebody could plug one into a radar dish

[VIKNG]
Beta Testers
406 posts
9,896 battles

Yeah, sitting on 61 empty slots with 136 ships in port atm. I would really like a choice for the reward or the option to sell slots for credits or maybe even....coal/doubloons? :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,187 posts
19,061 battles

At one time WG spammed commanders barracks slots. Port slots were precious.  Premium ships were great as they came with a slot. I would buy a couple of slots when they went on sale in anticipation of grinding new ships. Free/reward slots were rare. Then WG changed things and started handing them  out as common rewards. 

Now it seems there are numerous sources for new port slots so I too have way more than I will ever need. Especially since I anticipate earning around 2 every month.

There should at least be a way to sell existing slots for credits. An option to choose another reward from the various missions and events would be highly welcomed.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

Members
1,541 posts

Although free port slots are common now I remember back in beta you had to choose wisely which ship you didn't want to keep.

I remember you where only allowed 10 slots for all the nations combined unless you paid cash for more.

When WG Started discounting slots the choices of ships became easier.

Then WG said what the heck lets give away port slots, it was as though God himself was playing WoWs.

Players started to amass large fleets at not cost. A player could now keep all his ships he did the grind for.

WG found yet another way to grab some cash in larger quantities and didn't need to collect petty cash from port slots.

The players filed in with cash in hand to buy everything from signals to camos to captains with 10 points. {That is just a small example}

Our beloved FTP game became a money maker. The bean counters were ecstatic and dreamed of riches beyond all thought.

As time moved on the money was starting to wane and growth of the coffers dwindled.

The bean counters began to panic and requested the devs to find new ways to monetize this cash cow.

Hence the Skills rework. Make it look like an improvement and give the new skills a free month for the players to monkey around with the skills.

All the while these "New" skills have changed the game at a higher cost to play. 

Well all I can say is The FTP game is no longer free if you want to advance at the same pace of pre 0.10.0