You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Question about bon-jovi and shikashima

6 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
[DRNX]
Members
478 posts
12,844 battles

After a marathon 55 co-op battles I have enough to get stalingrad. My question is it worth waiting what could be a very long time to get either on of these 2 as I don't play clan or ranked battles? TIA

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,512 posts

Coop are not known for marathon battles. They are pretty short and violent fights thats over in a few minutes. Rewards from each generally do not pay the rewards in abundance.

Some ships in the gated sections of the game such as Research Points and particularly steel has been a couple of years in working on my end. Im still at least a year if not two away from having some of the more expensive ones. I don't think the game will be around that long. But who knows.

• Boring 1

[VORTX]
Members
584 posts
7,672 battles

I don’t play clan or much ranked either. At my steel gaining pace, it would take me about two years to get a shika or other high end steel ship. I don’t have the patience for that. I use my steel to assist my coal earnings and get a high end coal ship about every three months or so. I’ve been playing just over a year and have been able to earn Georgia, Thunderer, Salem and Pommern. Saving for a steel ship just doesn’t make sense with my play style. 

[REVY]
Members
2,631 posts
14,437 battles

I got enough steel, I looked at the available ships.

I honestly have never really enjoyed the French BBs, so I ignored that.

It came between Stalingrad, Shikashima, and Somers.

Somers has no AA and I felt I could never really get it to 'work' for me.

I decided to roll with what I was comfortable with and went with Shikashima and have no regrets. She carried me straight through Silver Qualifications with no loses and did well for me in the Silver portion of Ranked.

Only thing that messed me up was the Skill change by WG in the middle of Ranked. I had a 19pt Yamamoto captain that I had been using on my Yamato and the set-up worked well with the Shikashima. After the Skill Re-work, it took a bit of playing and she's not quite there, but still good.

Members
400 posts
26 battles
11 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Where's bon jovi? :cap_look:

~ Oh oh living on a MainBatteryReloadBoost ~

For what it's worth I likewise finally got enough steel thanks to the dockyard and pulled the trigger on Stalingrad whilst likewise considered Shiki and BonJovi from... exactly one match... I've been happy enough.
I accept Stalingrad has gotten a round about nerf 3 weeks ago from losing Fire Prevention and Basics of Survivability but steel* feels pretty strong.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU
Ok "but steel feels pretty strong" was a typo but works on too many levels to not keep.
  • Funny 1