Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SirSmuthMudelar

Thunderer player with only 22 battles?

24 comments in this topic

[T2IOF]
Members
2 posts
2,423 battles

Weirdest thing I've seen so far, joined yesterday and has a thunderer with only 24 matches. (randoms and co-op combined)

Any idea who this is?

what2.png

what3.png

Edited by SirSmuthMudelar
  • Meh 3

[KWF]
Members
5,801 posts
7,013 battles

Other than spending a metric ton of money on some containers that have a coal drop I can't think of anything else than maybe having the ship given for press purposes, though there are press accounts around anyway.

Also there's a no name and shame rule on the forums; while I don't think you are shaming said player, it might be taken down if the name is kept visible.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,533 posts

Im also inclined to say whoopie.

Someone is a whale of a wallet and got piles of coal or whatever through containers. Its possible. It would have to be a mountain of dollars though. Possibly thousands.

Even if the player is brand new to the game its not difficult to point and click a BB to shoot something.

[K-POP]
Members
4,849 posts
13,453 battles

There are several ways someone could have a Thunderer with so few random/co-op battles: 

1) Someone whaled hard on crates that can drop coal until they got enough to buy Thunderer

2) Press account of some sort, which would have all ships available on it besides test and reward ships

3) It’s an account reroll - if you reset/reroll your account, it doesn’t remove premium/special/resource ships among other things, since some can no longer be acquired

4) The in-game stats page only tracks random, co-op, and old/new ranked battles, but that doesn’t mean this player has only played 24 battles total - ops, clan battles, and all of the event modes will only display on your forum battle count, but plenty of them award xp (for crates) or other resources

Of those four, the last one definitely out since the account was registered yesterday and there wouldn’t be time to acquire the resources for Thunderer in a single day of playtime. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[NBNG]
[NBNG]
Members
411 posts
12,689 battles

They could of spent their money better, IMO. The ship does nothing for me and should get the award for spending more time in or in back of spawn area. Does nothing for team play. Only a pad your stats ship. I am a below average player at 49% and only have 32 games in it and suck with it. But, to be fair, I support caps in my BBs and unless you play AP with it which and I have tried , it is useless. Many better ships out there. Ohio anytime over it. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,268 posts
12,229 battles

Good for him ! I hope he enjoys the Thunderer whether it's alt account or he just got it .

[T2IOF]
Members
2 posts
2,423 battles
4 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

There are several ways someone could have a Thunderer with so few random/co-op battles: 

1) Someone whaled hard on crates that can drop coal until they got enough to buy Thunderer

2) Press account of some sort, which would have all ships available on it besides test and reward ships

3) It’s an account reroll - if you reset/reroll your account, it doesn’t remove premium/special/resource ships among other things, since some can no longer be acquired

4) The in-game stats page only tracks random, co-op, and old/new ranked battles, but that doesn’t mean this player has only played 24 battles total - ops, clan battles, and all of the event modes will only display on your forum battle count, but plenty of them award xp (for crates) or other resources

Of those four, the last one definitely out since the account was registered yesterday and there wouldn’t be time to acquire the resources for Thunderer in a single day of playtime. 

I really doubt it's a press account, the name is a bit off, and playing thunderer continuously is an even bigger eh. However, some facts support it such as the person is somewhat okay-good.

[WORX]
Members
12,638 posts
19,907 battles

We have to much time on our hands, when we start to question those around us...

Who cares... Be happy you found someone with 22 battles...

The way the game is headed, those type of players are going extinct as the doo doo bird... 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,865 posts
25,782 battles

I can't see any images, so... It could be 24 matches in Random Battles.  He may have had tons of battles in Co-Op and ended up queuing up in Randoms by mistake.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
751 posts
10,256 battles
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I can't see any images, so... It could be 24 matches in Random Battles.  He may have had tons of battles in Co-Op and ended up queuing up in Randoms by mistake.

How many battles can a player have had in what now would amount to 1 (one) day?

image.png.4a2417f47901281178baa766f700b763.png

[WOLF6]
Members
205 posts
7,271 battles
5 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

i thought reroll was starting a new account.   you can actually reset the account?

Edited by iBrowEcc0

[HINON]
Members
14,008 posts
1 hour ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

i thought reroll was starting a new account.   you can actually reset the account?

Yep you can have WG reset your account.

[FOXEH]
Members
1,958 posts
13,226 battles
7 hours ago, SirSmuthMudelar said:

Weirdest thing I've seen so far, joined yesterday and has a thunderer with only 24 matches. (randoms and co-op combined)

Any idea who this is?

what2.png

what3.png

Reroll

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,865 posts
25,782 battles
1 hour ago, Altwar said:

How many battles can a player have had in what now would amount to 1 (one) day?

image.png.4a2417f47901281178baa766f700b763.png

Random Battles take long, but let's say 15 minutes.  Not surprising to go the full 20.

15 minutes x 22 games = 330 minutes

330 minutes / 60 minutes = 5.5 hours

Easily doable if a player is having fun and just hitting battle after battle.  I have had stretches of play on the weekend for longer when I was heavily into the game.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
751 posts
10,256 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Random Battles take long, but let's say 15 minutes.  Not surprising to go the full 20.

15 minutes x 22 games = 330 minutes

330 minutes / 60 minutes = 5.5 hours

Easily doable if a player is having fun and just hitting battle after battle.  I have had stretches of play on the weekend for longer when I was heavily into the game.

Oh I understand that.  Just thinking that even maximizing time while playing battles, a player's not going to get far in just one day.  Certainly not enough for a Thunderer unless there was some severe whaling going on.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,865 posts
25,782 battles
10 minutes ago, Altwar said:

Oh I understand that.  Just thinking that even maximizing time while playing battles, a player's not going to get far in just one day.  Certainly not enough for a Thunderer unless there was some severe whaling going on.

He could also be a reroll, especially if the stats on the "new" account are any decent.  Again, I cannot see the images because this forum is problematic for me.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WKY04]
Members
3,880 posts
24,894 battles
7 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Even if the player is brand new to the game its not difficult to point and click a BB to shoot something.

Here's the crux. 

[-BCO-]
Members
1,844 posts
3,398 battles

This has to be some kind of special account. No way he could have the Thud by regular means.Plus there is the protected MM. So......this is some kind of "special" account. 

[WPE-2]
Members
122 posts
1,201 battles

No money needed ,   i have ~130 games combined random and co-op . I have the thunderer,  petro, nevsky .    asymmetric battles, clan and ranked  is how i did it .  Cold have done it with less games if i wished . 

[REENG]
Beta Testers
139 posts
12,612 battles
1 hour ago, Stew_Pedastle said:

No money needed ,   i have ~130 games combined random and co-op . I have the thunderer,  petro, nevsky .    asymmetric battles, clan and ranked  is how i did it .  Cold have done it with less games if i wished . 

You forget, this account is two days old.

Sign in to follow this