You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

Should i buy FDR?

21 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Beta Testers
191 posts
5,193 battles

i have enough steel, and the only type of ship i don't have at T10 is an Aircraft carrier.

(i have hakryui at T10 but that ship is too weak after the nerfs)

Iam also 100k EXP away from midway, should i get midway instead of FDR?

P.S.

I was planning to buy shikishima with my steel but since secondary BBs got nerfed iam considering buying FDR.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,938 posts
14,888 battles

The FDR needs an extremely good player to do well with it so if you feel you are good enough go for it but if you are merely average no.

• Cool 6
  • Meh 1

[KIA-C]
Supertester
1,828 posts
6,165 battles

Get the Midway and get feel for it. FDR is pretty much Midway upscaled and having 25s cooldown.

Edited by Skeem689

Members
82 posts
8,752 battles

get it, crucify everyone. forget karma and skill.  have fun.  i wish i had

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
54 minutes ago, tjaluk said:

get it, crucify everyone. forget karma and skill.  have fun.  i wish i had

i just love that part " Forget karma and skill " that was a solid Fact.

• Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
Beta Testers
353 posts
8,998 battles
5 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

The FDR needs an extremely good player to do well with it so if you feel you are good enough go for it but if you are merely average no.

ROFL

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
995 posts
8,034 battles

It's the most boring CV in the game. I don't recommend it at all. Midway is a lot more fun and much more versatile.

• Cool 1

[SGSS]
Members
5,788 posts
7 hours ago, reza577 said:

i have enough steel, and the only type of ship i don't have at T10 is an Aircraft carrier.

P.S.

I was planning to buy shikishima with my steel but since secondary BBs got nerfed iam considering buying FDR.

I will take yours if you dont want it.

The planes are supper slow and regen is forever.

But get it be for its gone.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,359 posts
10,021 battles

Not if you don't want to be reincarnated as a snail.....

Members
546 posts
20 battles

Midway is a lot more enjoyable, and is a very well rounded CV.   I have both but when I decide to take out a tier 10 CV, I always pick Midway over FDR.

[BOMBL]
Members
1,220 posts
15,789 battles

If you are a great CV player FDR is OP. In Clan Battles it was stupid op. The plane health and smaller teams vs random meant multiple drops that were devastating. In randoms the slow speed and concentrated AAA makes multiple drops hard. Midway is better for randoms outside the Unicum

[ROXY]
Members
386 posts
1,619 battles
11 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Believe it or not this is a true statement. You need to learn to time your drops, ignore flak, read the flow of the battle etc.

The FDR is probably one of the most hardest CVs to play, but the most rewarding. Now, I'm not saying it's balanced because its not.

OP, if you enjoy american CVs I recommend Gaishu's twitch stream (twitch.tv/gaishu) where he plays FDR alot. You can learn how it's playstyle works and such.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[Y0L0W]
Beta Testers
353 posts
8,998 battles
10 minutes ago, ___Sakura said:

Believe it or not this is a true statement. You need to learn to time your drops, ignore flak, read the flow of the battle etc.

The FDR is probably one of the most hardest CVs to play, but the most rewarding. Now, I'm not saying it's balanced because its not.

OP, if you enjoy american CVs I recommend Gaishu's twitch stream (twitch.tv/gaishu) where he plays FDR alot. You can learn how it's playstyle works and such.

LOL whats hard about it?

Watch this clip

First battle in the cv... makes a mess of a lot of strikes as he does not time his runs well because of the delay between strikes.... flys into enemy fighters just to test how much they hurt fdr planes... does many circles in AA waiting for delay timer and still does 220k and has full waves of planes still and people still try and defend cv's its so funny.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,938 posts
14,888 battles
3 hours ago, EraserNZ1 said:

LOL whats hard about it?

Watch this clip

First battle in the cv... makes a mess of a lot of strikes as he does not time his runs well because of the delay between strikes.... flys into enemy fighters just to test how much they hurt fdr planes... does many circles in AA waiting for delay timer and still does 220k and has full waves of planes still and people still try and defend cv's its so funny.

Proof that it is overpowered in the hands of a unicum player which he is. Now find a 50% player with one and you will see a far different result.

• Cool 2

[SGSS]
Members
5,788 posts
15 hours ago, reza577 said:

P.S.

Yes....yes you should

[Y0L0W]
Beta Testers
353 posts
8,998 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Proof that it is overpowered in the hands of a unicum player which he is. Now find a 50% player with one and you will see a far different result.

Watch the vid, he was goofing around and played very poor and still did 220k, that's why i linked it. I'm just shocked people like you still think it takes skill to do crazy damage in cv's.

His first run with rocket planes, he flys right into 4 ships AA and does 35k damage while doing circles in AA waiting for the delay to strike again and you guys think its not op?

Edited by EraserNZ1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[ROXY]
Members
386 posts
1,619 battles
12 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

Watch the vid, he was goofing around and played very poor and still did 220k, that's why i linked it. I'm just shocked people like you still think it takes skill to do crazy damage in cv's.

His first run with rocket planes, he flys right into 4 ships AA and does 35k damage while doing circles in AA waiting for the delay to strike again and you guys think its not op?

A clanmate deved striked a full hp broadside DM with one salvo using an Yamato, therefore it's OP. 

A FDR nukes 35k, therefore it's OP.

Both of these are not OP because the victim fails to turn in or angle.

Now, like I said. FDR is OP, but is hard at to play at the same time. A ship being OP doesn't mean it's easy, if a player gets a OP ship and goes afk is that ship still OP? If a different player playing Mikoyan gets a 200k kraken game, does that make it OP. Bottom line is FDR is OP if the CV player is smart, a CV player will never run out of planes if he has a head on his shoulders. Basing FDR as an easy ship to play off of a unicum's first battle in it really isn't a solid foundation to base your facts.

Edited by ___Sakura

[GRETA]
Members
1,384 posts
10,620 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I average 55% across all classes, in cv I have some in the 70% some in the 50%, most somewhere between.   I am above average in CV and have all of them.  FDR excells at farming solo battleships and stationary cruisers.  Yes it can rack up big numbers but not always meaningful damage.  I find MVR, HAK, and Midway more flexible and impactful in randoms and the CB's I have played.

• Cool 1

Members
2,432 posts
52 battles

Playing FDR is kinda relaxing. If that's what you're looking for, go for it.

If you want to actually have impact on the match and win though you're much better off with Midway.