Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Praise be to RNGESUS!!!!

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

15,317
[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles

So after a very accomplished day in matters not related to this game, I thought what the hell, I'm feeling lucky; let's pay out the Hizen dockyard and see what we get in the associated boxes. I only had one token left to get - the one that requires 55,000 base XP - and I decided to pay the extra, put the event behind me, and finish that one off for the steel and the RB points.

Okay, first the Hizen - felt good in co-op even with no modules. I did have Yamamoto in it, with his enhanced turret traverse, but even so the guns felt REALLY smooth and easy to turn; this isn't one of those ships for which I'd feel the need to take the Main Battery Mod 2 in slot 3 to help things out. So that was good. I paid just under 10K dubs for this thing, and it feels quite good.

Then the containers. There's a mega and a "big" Santa container in this, and when I got back to the transport ship, I found a supercontainer waiting for me. Popped it open and it was the Viribus Unitis - not something I'd have bought, but a ship which I've often been curious about. For all her admitted faults, I'm a sucker for slow, vulnerable ships and I set my expectations accordingly. They were duly met. (The other container, the "big" one, I think, held 90 days premium, which was also very nice.) 

The really cool surprise, though, came with the three Journey to the West containers which came with part 3 of the current event - I WILL STRESS THAT THESE ARE THE FREE ONES.

First one had THE FREAKING WUJING. So there you go, folks; IT CAN HAPPEN.

The others had one-shot camos.

The corollary of tonight's events is that I will not be going any higher in the French BB tech tree than Tier 8, where I am now. I don't really want the Republique, and although the Wujing isn't usable by French captains, she basically IS the Alsace so there's no need to grind for that either.

 

The ONLY PROBLEM with all this is that I have two brand new Tier 9 premium battleships and nowhere near enough credits to equip either of them, let alone both! :Smile_coin:

  • Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
890
[HELLS]
Members
2,800 posts
30,534 battles

Lucky You! All I got out of it was Lazo in the snowflake crate. A free premium is a free premium, I'll take it. Played her a couple of games. OK but not OP. Hizen cost me 8 bucks because I had recovered most of the doubloons I needed when I bought Strasbourg using my 5th Anniversary 30% off coupon from WG, and then finished the missions to get her and got the doubloon cost back in lieu, which set things up nicely. That's three premium ships T7 and up for 39 bucks total out of pocket. The coal bonus in the Hizen grind gets me to either Pommern or Marceau. I am leaning towards Pommern as a BB main. Marceau is a tough ship to play well unless you are a DD expert.

Since I am not doing any more line resets steel is a slow uphill daily grind to get anything. Won't get enough of it before they pull Somers.

Did the same as you and put Yamamoto in Hizen for a couple of games. I agree with your impressions on Hizen. The slow MB reload will catch quite a few players out. Takes getting used to, but not as bad as Oklahoma and Kansas! The Journey to The West netted me 250 doubloons and more cammos. Free stuff is free stuff. Bring it on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,504
[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

nowhere near enough credits to equip either of them

Do you have the MO?

play in CoOp still get you plenty of credit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,133
[SIM]
Members
5,798 posts
9,266 battles

Congratulations on pulling a free Wujing! I ended up whaling about $100 in crates to get one, but it also netted me Sanzhang and about a month of premium. She's a good ship, a competent mid-range BB that can flex decently well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[WOLF9]
Members
1,138 posts
23,124 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu  Congrats!!  The Hizen is a good ship.  I enjoy it and am glad to have added her to my fleet. 

Congrats on the Wujing too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,426
Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

I only got worthless from all the containers, making me feel extra stupid to have wasted my doubloons for the initial dockyard pack.

 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,317
[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
6 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Do you have the MO?

play in CoOp still get you plenty of credit

Sadly not; I don't think I even had enough elite commander XP to convert when she was pulled. 

Since we still have free demounts until the end of the patch, I think I'm going to pull Izumo's modules off her and put them on Wujing, use her for her 53K XP mission, then swap them back. The rework is great for this; Dasha, who was previously my Gadjah Mada captain and sort of languishing in port, now gets a premium BB to drive and can grow optimal skills for it.

@SkaerKrow, I reckon you at least broke even (assuming of course that you play CV and find the Sanzhang valuable!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,129
[PVE]
Members
5,104 posts
22,598 battles

I finished the 55 BXP a few days ago and bought through the dockyard for the Steel and RB points.   The Hizen in the new skill tree change is...........well, as an IJN main.......just another mess.  A COOP only ship and she has the same issues the Yammy has:  she has been neutered to the point, even with Yamamoto in her (who has a GTG special skill !!!), that she's being put in the Ready Reserve Fleet and taken off the active ship lists.  Both ships are now retired.   There is little value in what our host has done to them.  Gone are the heady days of Brawling the Yammy.........  Now, she's got a disease that renders her ineffective.........and, retired.  Both ships are retired.......    Somehow, our host seems to think that all skills are the same by nation?  That the IJN's BB were the same as American BB's.....??  Therefore, all skill need to be homogenized.........really?    i.e.  the US had no idea about the Type 93 Torpedo that was an OTH operational weapon.   The US created proximity fusing late war.........  Radar wasn't homogenized either.  The IJN had IR tracking warheads in 45....   The Germans radio controlled guided bombs.....  One shoe can't fit all sailors.........so, why can we conclude, one skill tree can fit all Nation's ships????    There needs to be distinction of Culture.........since "culture" is the heart and soul of each Nation's weapons, doctrine and use of arms......   It's what make "the history of War" interesting.....

This Dockyard and Skill Tree Change was the last money I will ever spend.  I took a chance and bought through the Dockyard.  I've spent the doubloons I have saved these past three years and my PT is down to 236 days....  No more.  A F2P from this point on and every effort this next year is dedicated assisting in the National discussion about gaming changes..... I will write a post with pictures from the Naval Museum in DC later this year if the God's allow that trip !    Be well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,909
[SGSS]
Members
5,775 posts
13 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So after a very accomplished day in matters not related to this game, I thought what the hell, I'm feeling lucky; let's pay out the Hizen dockyard and see what we get in the associated boxes. I only had one token left to get - the one that requires 55,000 base XP - and I decided to pay the extra, put the event behind me, and finish that one off for the steel and the RB points.

Okay, first the Hizen - felt good in co-op even with no modules. I did have Yamamoto in it, with his enhanced turret traverse, but even so the guns felt REALLY smooth and easy to turn; this isn't one of those ships for which I'd feel the need to take the Main Battery Mod 2 in slot 3 to help things out. So that was good. I paid just under 10K dubs for this thing, and it feels quite good.

Then the containers. There's a mega and a "big" Santa container in this, and when I got back to the transport ship, I found a supercontainer waiting for me. Popped it open and it was the Viribus Unitis - not something I'd have bought, but a ship which I've often been curious about. For all her admitted faults, I'm a sucker for slow, vulnerable ships and I set my expectations accordingly. They were duly met. (The other container, the "big" one, I think, held 90 days premium, which was also very nice.) 

The really cool surprise, though, came with the three Journey to the West containers which came with part 3 of the current event - I WILL STRESS THAT THESE ARE THE FREE ONES.

First one had THE FREAKING WUJING. So there you go, folks; IT CAN HAPPEN.

The others had one-shot camos.

The corollary of tonight's events is that I will not be going any higher in the French BB tech tree than Tier 8, where I am now. I don't really want the Republique, and although the Wujing isn't usable by French captains, she basically IS the Alsace so there's no need to grind for that either.

 

The ONLY PROBLEM with all this is that I have two brand new Tier 9 premium battleships and nowhere near enough credits to equip either of them, let alone both! :Smile_coin:

Wow hope you got a lotto to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,054
[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles
14 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So after a very accomplished day in matters not related to this game, I thought what the hell, I'm feeling lucky; let's pay out the Hizen dockyard and see what we get in the associated boxes. I only had one token left to get - the one that requires 55,000 base XP - and I decided to pay the extra, put the event behind me, and finish that one off for the steel and the RB points.

Okay, first the Hizen - felt good in co-op even with no modules. I did have Yamamoto in it, with his enhanced turret traverse, but even so the guns felt REALLY smooth and easy to turn; this isn't one of those ships for which I'd feel the need to take the Main Battery Mod 2 in slot 3 to help things out. So that was good. I paid just under 10K dubs for this thing, and it feels quite good.

Then the containers. There's a mega and a "big" Santa container in this, and when I got back to the transport ship, I found a supercontainer waiting for me. Popped it open and it was the Viribus Unitis - not something I'd have bought, but a ship which I've often been curious about. For all her admitted faults, I'm a sucker for slow, vulnerable ships and I set my expectations accordingly. They were duly met. (The other container, the "big" one, I think, held 90 days premium, which was also very nice.) 

The really cool surprise, though, came with the three Journey to the West containers which came with part 3 of the current event - I WILL STRESS THAT THESE ARE THE FREE ONES.

First one had THE FREAKING WUJING. So there you go, folks; IT CAN HAPPEN.

The others had one-shot camos.

The corollary of tonight's events is that I will not be going any higher in the French BB tech tree than Tier 8, where I am now. I don't really want the Republique, and although the Wujing isn't usable by French captains, she basically IS the Alsace so there's no need to grind for that either.

 

The ONLY PROBLEM with all this is that I have two brand new Tier 9 premium battleships and nowhere near enough credits to equip either of them, let alone both! :Smile_coin:

Congratulations.:cap_like:
Your *credits problem* will eventually be solved, I imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,054
[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

I finished the 55 BXP a few days ago and bought through the dockyard for the Steel and RB points.   The Hizen in the new skill tree change is...........well, as an IJN main.......just another mess.  A COOP only ship and she has the same issues the Yammy has:  she has been neutered to the point, even with Yamamoto in her (who has a GTG special skill !!!), that she's being put in the Ready Reserve Fleet and taken off the active ship lists.  Both ships are now retired.   There is little value in what our host has done to them.  Gone are the heady days of Brawling the Yammy.........  Now, she's got a disease that renders her ineffective.........and, retired.  Both ships are retired.......    Somehow, our host seems to think that all skills are the same by nation?  That the IJN's BB were the same as American BB's.....??  Therefore, all skill need to be homogenized.........really?    i.e.  the US had no idea about the Type 93 Torpedo that was an OTH operational weapon.   The US created proximity fusing late war.........  Radar wasn't homogenized either.  The IJN had IR tracking warheads in 45....   The Germans radio controlled guided bombs.....  One shoe can't fit all sailors.........so, why can we conclude, one skill tree can fit all Nation's ships????    There needs to be distinction of Culture.........since "culture" is the heart and soul of each Nation's weapons, doctrine and use of arms......   It's what make "the history of War" interesting.....

This Dockyard and Skill Tree Change was the last money I will ever spend.  I took a chance and bought through the Dockyard.  I've spent the doubloons I have saved these past three years and my PT is down to 236 days....  No more.  A F2P from this point on and every effort this next year is dedicated assisting in the National discussion about gaming changes..... I will write a post with pictures from the Naval Museum in DC later this year if the God's allow that trip !    Be well.

:cap_look::Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,317
[ARGSY]
Members
23,419 posts
17,347 battles
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

the National discussion about gaming changes

Which will destroy everything. Mark my words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
430 posts
15,705 battles

Congratulations on the Hizen and pulling the Wujing @Ensign_Cthulhu!  I have enjoyed the few times playing my Hizen in coop.  As you said, plays ok, but you have to be wary of your positioning due to the reload.  Still, a fun, fairly inexpensive T9 ship.  Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×