Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Mainz Capt Skills with rework

6 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
1,185 posts
28,838 battles

Anybody got any suggestion on how to set up the Mainz with the new skills?

• Haha 1

[GC]
Alpha Tester
916 posts
4,361 battles

Same as before: the bog-standard light cruiser build, except you don't need IFHE, so you can spend those points on something else. Top Grade Gunner is a solid choice, as it's free DPM whenever the conditions are met.

An alternative is to forego concealment entirely, double up on rudder modules for the WASD hax, and spec both Top Grade Gunner and Heavy HE which will push your DPM to extremes which are absolutely ludicrous. This is less competitive, but probably fun as hell.

--Helms

• Thanks 1

[NG-NL]
Members
394 posts
10,495 battles
15 hours ago, thehelmsman said:

Same as before: the bog-standard light cruiser build, except you don't need IFHE, so you can spend those points on something else. Top Grade Gunner is a solid choice, as it's free DPM whenever the conditions are met.

An alternative is to forego concealment entirely, double up on rudder modules for the WASD hax, and spec both Top Grade Gunner and Heavy HE which will push your DPM to extremes which are absolutely ludicrous. This is less competitive, but probably fun as hell.

--Helms

Excellent ideas. I tried that Ludicrous Build, but I got focussed down to splinters before I could do much in battle. I reluctantly gave that up  on Hindenburg too, for the same reason. Top Grade Gunner is great for hunting down DDs, but I spend more time kiting. I'm trying Outnumbered instead. (This works only if I'm separated from my team, which is fine for the Mainz to kite, but often doesn't fit my teammates' ideas.)

Once I looked at the numbers, I dropped Heavy HE and took Adrenaline Rush instead. In Mainz, I get chipped away while kiting, so it really has a use.

This 21 point build works well for me. With fewer points, I'd drop Outnumbered. Consider Incoming Fire Alert.

Mainz commander.png

[STW-D]
WoWS Community Contributors
237 posts
23,306 battles

Hi @vikingno2

This is the build I run for the Mainz.  I am using Günther Lütjens from my Hindenburg.  If you don't care for Radio Location, you could take other skills.

The Mainz's turrets are fast enough to not need Grease the Gears.

My experience is that the Outnumbered skill is too situational.  Top Grade Gunner, however, is generally excellent and valuable in most games.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Mainz Commander Skills.png

• Cool 1

Members
26 posts
708 battles

If you only had a 10 point captain, would these work for say Tier 6 and up? 

what do you use your first 10 points for?

[FW-TX]
Members
144 posts
3,018 battles

In my opinion, everything to do with HE are IMPORTANT to Mainz. I almost never use AP, so Gun Feeder skills is not important to me.

Adrenalin Rush is a MUST. Since HP is not much, u wanna hit hard as much u could in close combat, at least killing a ship before you die.

And you MUST know when to SPAM and when to RUN with Priority Target. Cant imagine playing without this skill !

When Adrenaline Rush kicks in you will be firing shells  as low as 2 seconds reload.

Hell lotsa fun !

mainz.jpg

Edited by HammerKing1982
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this