You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
1,822 battles

Hello everyone how are you?I am new to this forum and I was wondering how can I earn oil?I searched the forum and could not find anything about this subject.I usually play coop battles and a few random battles also.I am thinking about joining a clan and I noticed that some clans ask for oil donations which I can not seem to find.I know how to find my steel and coal but I can not find any oil I might have.I was wondering if I have to participate in ranked battles or perhaps clan battles in order to earn oil.Any help on this subject would be appreciated.Thanks.

[WOLF8]
Members
710 posts
9,492 battles

You may also want to check out some of the Lone Wolf clans.   Lone Wolf clans let you play solo or with other clanmates.  Totally up to you...and you'll still get all the clan perks. 

https://clans.worldofwarships.com/search

p.s.  After you join a clan, 10 oil is contributed to your clan's stockpile for every Container you earn/receive.   The Clan's commander uses the oil stockpile to expand the clan's base.  You get the benefits of the clan base like discounts on ships, more coal, more EXP, etc.  If you leave a clan, any oil you contributed, stays with the clan.

Edited by Slammer58
  • Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,561 posts

Some clans are a little more picky when fully upgraded because the benefits are being in one is significant.

All of your naval battle wins and clan battles etc also award oil. That goes to the Clan.

[WPORT]
Members
8,185 posts
13,206 battles
1 hour ago, Adm_Nimitz_2016 said:

Hello everyone how are you?I am new to this forum and I was wondering how can I earn oil?I searched the forum and could not find anything about this subject.I usually play coop battles and a few random battles also.I am thinking about joining a clan and I noticed that some clans ask for oil donations which I can not seem to find.I know how to find my steel and coal but I can not find any oil I might have.I was wondering if I have to participate in ranked battles or perhaps clan battles in order to earn oil.Any help on this subject would be appreciated.Thanks.

Join or create a clan.
Creating your own clan means that all the oil involved flows to *you*.
Then...
Every container you and/or your clan-mates obtain, earns 10 "oil" for the clan.
Participation in Naval Battles (enabled/disabled by the Clan Leader as part of the Clan menu options), and earning the requisite amounts of XP and Naval Battle *stars* during battles will earn "oil".

Spoiler

shot-21_02.06_18_17.55-0533.thumb.jpg.f72e6de6fce830549681b1acbde256f2.jpg

shot-21_02.06_18_18.04-0262.thumb.jpg.73f7161c0ffb7942a7724f0b8499830d.jpg

shot-21_02.06_18_18.13-0743.thumb.jpg.27e42a32b020ee9d0386a3f1070df7c6.jpg

shot-21_02.06_18_18.20-0285.thumb.jpg.077c652f1ea69e8aca6ad3f5f95ca481.jpg

shot-21_02.06_18_18.54-0362.thumb.jpg.ec99065d846523912c8187e229eefd94.jpg

Visit the in-game Clan screen and click on the Naval Battles menu screen to have a better view than the piece-meal screen shots that I included above.

I haven't done it yet, but my understanding is that Clan battles and clan brawls earn oil or steel.  I'll have to look at the wiki files.
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Clans
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Naval_Base

[WOLF9]
Members
1,138 posts
23,158 battles
2 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

You may also want to check out some of the Lone Wolf clans.   Lone Wolf clans let you play solo or with other clanmates.  Totally up to you...and you'll still get all the clan perks. 

https://clans.worldofwarships.com/search

p.s.  After you join a clan, 10 oil is contributed to your clan's stockpile for every Container you earn/receive.   The Clan's commander uses the oil stockpile to expand the clan's base.  You get the benefits of the clan base like discounts on ships, more coal, more EXP, etc.  If you leave a clan, any oil you contributed, stays with the clan.

This.  I joined Wolf9.  They get my oil, I get the clan benefits.  And I play as I please and when I please.  They are also very friendly, so if you do want to hook up for a division or just want some help / pointers, these are the clans I recommend.