You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KzS_Gocker

Ship to Ship Collisions

31 comments in this topic

[BFAM]
Members
33 posts
7,489 battles

It would appear the game programmers have developed an art of very fine detail for ALL THE IN GAME ACTION!! They can even spot to within a few meters to determine citadel hits on a ship. Yet they CAN NOT apply the correct nautical rules of the road to charge offending commanders that violate those very rules when the collide with another ship. In short if a commander is approaching another ships PORT SIDE that approaching commander, by the nautical rules of the road MUST GIVE WAY TO THE OTHER SHIP !!! Since this is a gross violation of those nautical rules of the road. The commander who actually violated those nautical rules of the road should be the only one fined. Which means the commander who's ship was rammed should not be fined in any way. In fact the injured party SHOULD NOT EVEN HAVE ANY HIT POINTS DEDUCTED ! This would also apply to any overtaking collisions aft of the beam since there is ABSOLUTILY no excuse for that. I am just very tired of losing valuable hit points and more, because come clown can not watch where he is going. Just to make matters worse the injured gets killed because of it !!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[BFAM]
Members
33 posts
7,489 battles

I forgot where do I go to make these in game procedural changes.  Surely I am allowed to do that !!!

• Haha 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,727 posts
26,203 battles

How is this even an actual concern?

[BFAM]
Members
33 posts
7,489 battles

Because I am getting tired of being charged with hitting allies with friendly fire when they are so STUPID  to not pay attention and turn directly into the path of my torpedoes.  This is just another example as to how other players have no idea how to navigate in situations like that or have any concern as to the welfare of the team just to improve their own score.

Edited by KzS_Gocker
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 7

[PVE]
Members
10,927 posts
18,924 battles

Which rules of the road do you want? The international rules? The US rules? The international Inland rules? The US inland rules? Not Everyone that plays was a Quartermaster.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[BFAM]
Members
33 posts
7,489 battles

The basic rule that says if you approaching another ship on the other ships PORT SIDE then you are required to give way.  That is the reason for the red and green running lights on ships in the first place.  With the port side running light RED !!! 

I think considering the nature and international flare for this game in the first place then I think international rules would be fine.

Edited by KzS_Gocker

[BFAM]
Members
33 posts
7,489 battles

It is not a quartermaster issue.  It is a decision of the officer of the deck.  The one person who is in command at the time !!!  

[CO-OP]
Members
2,848 posts
28,463 battles

This

12 minutes ago, KzS_Gocker said:

The basic rule that says if you approaching another ship on the other ships PORT SIDE then you are required to give way.  That is the reason for the red and green running lights on ships in the first place.  With the port side running light RED !!! 

I think considering the nature and international flare for this game in the first place then I think international rules would be fine.

So griefers will just approach from the starboard. 

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,727 posts
26,203 battles

So basically.you keep torpedoing allies but its their fault for not applying real world rules to the game?

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 4

[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles

"Don't  Fire at Your Allies!", is a simple rule.
It supersedes any guidelines of/for navigation.

Your ordnance = your responsibility. 

• Cool 4

[O_O]
Members
6,974 posts
16,993 battles
1 hour ago, KzS_Gocker said:

Yet they CAN NOT apply the correct nautical rules of the road to charge offending commanders that violate those very rules when the collide with another ship. In short if a commander is approaching another ships PORT SIDE that approaching commander, by the nautical rules of the road MUST GIVE WAY TO THE OTHER SHIP !!! Since this is a gross violation of those nautical rules of the road. The commander who actually violated those nautical rules of the road should be the only one fined. Which means the commander who's ship was rammed should not be fined in any way. In fact the injured party SHOULD NOT EVEN HAVE ANY HIT POINTS DEDUCTED ! This would also apply to any overtaking collisions aft of the beam since there is ABSOLUTILY no excuse for that. I am just very tired of losing valuable hit points and more, because come clown can not watch where he is going. Just to make matters worse the injured gets killed because of it !!!

^This has absolutely NOTHING to do with...

Because I am getting tired of being charged with hitting allies with friendly fire when they are so STUPID  to not pay attention and turn directly into the path of my torpedoes.  This is just another example as to how other players have no idea how to navigate in situations like that or have any concern as to the welfare of the team just to improve their own score.

...^ that.  I find it interesting that you feel other players should be 'paying attention' BEHIND them and stay out of the way of your torpedoes, yet you can't be bothered to 'pay attention' to what is IN FRONT of you and not launch torpedoes where you shouldn't.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[PVE]
Members
10,927 posts
18,924 battles

It is not a quartermaster issue.  It is a decision of the officer of the deck.  The one person who is in command at the time !!!  

Actually most times ships collide in the game is because of binocular mode and they never saw you. Most people that were in the Navy or Coast Guard should have a rudimentary knowledge of the rules of the road. A Fishing boat Captain probably has more knowledge of the rules than 90% of Navy or CG personnel though. Red Right Returning, Right?

To learn how not to run into each other, all players should be required to play 10 Narai battles, without touching another ship with theirs.

I run into a lot less people than I did before by using YAZOM mod but it is actually better for not torping encroaching vessels. learning to not watch your shells and zoom back out is another way to help from running into team mates. The fact is that it happens frequently and there is not much you can do about it. WG doesn't want to get rid of team damage and probably for good reason, if they got rid of team collision damage, irritated or bi polar players, could just harass you with impunity by just running into you continuously.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Haha 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,843 posts
4,285 battles

You're responsible for your ordnance, if you hit someone it's your fault. Don't fire if there's a possibility of hitting a teammate.

Ship to ship collisions, the fines and damage are negligible, what's the issue? If you want to be realistic then both ships should be incapacitated by colliding. I'm sure that would be fun. Imposing navigation rules wouldn't do anything, the fine is so small no one cares the times it matters (driving someone into torps) having rules wouldn't help anyway. If you're shooting or running into teammates often enough for this to be a problem, I'm betting the issue isn't your teammates.

Also I'm pretty sure the rules of navigation go out the window in a combat zone with people shooting at you.

[SIM]
Members
5,798 posts
9,266 battles

Never enter battle again and you’ll never have to worry about hitting allied ships. :Smile_trollface:

[A-I-M]
Members
3,872 posts
14,896 battles
2 hours ago, KzS_Gocker said:

Blah, blah, blah

I hate those little yawny emojis that deliver the reaction anonymously, so, here:

(YAWN)

This is a wargame, and by its messy nature would offend those with tidy, an*l retentive tendencies.

You should try Homescapes and Gardenscapes.

Members
4,007 posts
14,533 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Never enter battle again and you’ll never have to worry about hitting allied ships. :Smile_trollface:

Yep, problem solved.

[V_V_V]
Members
966 posts
17,021 battles
2 hours ago, KzS_Gocker said:

Because I am getting tired of being charged with hitting allies with friendly fire when they are so STUPID  to not pay attention and turn directly into the path of my torpedoes. 

Simple-your torps, your penalty.

JackNicholson.jpg

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
7,910 battles
3 hours ago, KzS_Gocker said:

If they are turning into your torps, behaps you shouldnt be shooting torps from behind your team 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,552 posts

The little tribble about rules of the road in battle is not a concern. We don't have time for that. When I am at sea or in our Rivers there are rules etc. We are not at war and so forth. Particularly near the dam and locks system.

You look out to yourself and be in a position to sink the enemy. If you got run over then oh well. I quit worrying about T Bones, rams and what not. The game applies it's own punishment to those who do. Sometimes the Bots or human players will focus instantly on you two for a chance at a double strike award. (Killing two...)

In peace time our Navy has been known to make a mistake in heavy traffic and trash a warship when rammed by a huge freighter. The punishments are meted out soon enough to the officers on board.

Edited by xHeavy

Members
81 posts
8,740 battles

how do i know which side of the ship he stores his port. does he even drink port?  not enough time, just dodge mate

[WOLFX]
Members
78 posts
16,178 battles
8 hours ago, KzS_Gocker said:

they are so STUPID  to not pay attention and turn directly into the path of my torpedoes

They are your teammates, players like you, came here for fun.

YOU have to pay attention, the path of your torpedos belongs to everyone.