You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Cromwell

Moskva

12 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
3,654 battles

So Moskva has been one of my favorite ships to use for a long time but these days the ship feels unusable for random battles. The citadel just sits too high and is easily blapped by a Thunderer on the opposite flank. And if I'm not getting annihilated by a Thunderer or some other dead eye user then it's easily obliterated by a carrier. I'm running the AA captain perks and they help a little bit it still feels too squishy. At this point I don't know how to make this ship work without just hoping my enemies don't notice me. 

Any advice on how to make it work? I figure I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by Admiral_Cromwell
Clarification
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
509 posts
11,733 battles

Things that help you not die: Incoming fire alert, Priority target, moving at full speed, rudder shift, dont open fire if they are paying attention to your area, islands. Not that im very good either.

[FFG33]
Members
38 posts
6,949 battles

It looks like such a juicy target. Compared to the Petro, which is skinny. Has great guns though. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,888 posts
25,782 battles

The sides have always been a huge weakness for the ship.  It's big, has the agility of a dead yak, has the concealment of a Battleship, citadel is tall and exposed.  When I first got Moskva I was very impressed by the usefulness of her guns, but the negative aspects I mentioned made her feel too uncomfortable to play.  A well played Moskva was always a ship that demanded respect, it's just I really didn't like her set of negative aspects.

- And that was in the old days, not even talking about how it is right now.

You had to be super paranoid for her sides.  Any CA or BB that sees her sides, or even a MVR AP Rocket attack there, is devastating.  If you had full health, you can easily lose most of it in one go.

14.14km surface detection with Full Stealth Build.  I have a lot of Battleships sneakier than this.  Matter of fact, Yamato with Full Stealth Build has the same concealment.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
537 posts
15,614 battles

Welcome the trash the cruiser club.

You have to close to the enemy since they sit back at 20km+. If you get spotted by a DD or CV, you'll get focused fired by all the Deadeye BB's.

You can't build a survivability build anymore. So you're going to be on fire a lot, (4) fires at times. While you can't build for a survivability build, the BB's can and they do with the use of dead eye.

The Biggest nerf was the the cruisers in the patch. Now the battlefield is dominated by the Thunderer's. Long range HE spammers with a 64% chance of fire per hit.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,515 posts
16,262 battles
1 hour ago, Drifter_X said:

Things that help you not die: Incoming fire alert, Priority target, moving at full speed, rudder shift, dont open fire if they are paying attention to your area, islands. Not that im very good either.

Play it like you aren't really supposed to be the battle at all (for the first 3 minutes or more), be so careful that they don't see you. The other side is already saying 'take out the Moskva', since your radar is very good. They are looking for you. At 14.2 km  detection, you are a pretty easy find, compared to the other ships that go dark, and once spotted around a cap, you will be gone, unless you wait till later in the game.

The Petro is far easier to play, with same rudder action and speed, but 2 km less detection and better AP.

Members
655 posts
17,968 battles

In Randoms Moskva play has changed a bit especially if there is an MvR but it's still one of my preferred ships (Not a fan of Petro) in CB you can have meme's like this - Take apart a Kremlin and destroy DM's turret, unfortunately the team couldn't hold off the rest  

[ABCD3]
Beta Testers
63 posts
2,758 battles

The "re-work" as they call it ruined cruisers there useless get a BB sail back line play dead eye no other skills matter.

• Thanks 1

[WOLF2]
Members
310 posts
7,287 battles

Echoing the sentiment of other posters here, cruisers are suffering tremendously right now.

The IFHE changes, additions of CV AP rockets, proliferation of 18 inch battleship guns and overmatch mechanics, captain skill improvements to battleship dispersion and a decided lack of any actual intelligent or meta-functional skills for cruisers on the new captain skills tree has lead to cruisers being not very much worth playing at the moment.

DDs, however, have been an absolute BLAST recently which is a nice change. So many Dead-Eye BBs literally just sitting there, immobile, waiting to get smacked!