Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThinBluLine

Fletcher Max gun range Mod 2 incorrect with 20% Captains gun range skill

8 comments in this topic

[TDR]
Beta Testers
30 posts
15,675 battles

I unlocked the fletcher MOD 2 gun range using free XP and it showed range would now be 18K. However in game it only showed 16.3 after I selected the captains 20% gun range skill. So after contacting WGing support I was told the max range is only 16.3 so I lost the 2+ million credits to buy the Mod and the 25K free XP to unlock it. They said they can not reimburse me for that. Please correct this wrong information that is presently in the game

IMG-2094-1.jpg

IMG-2095.jpg

IMG-2096.jpg

IMG-2097.jpg

[PVE]
Members
10,927 posts
18,924 battles
1 hour ago, ThinBluLine said:

I unlocked the fletcher MOD 2 gun range using free XP and it showed range would now be 18K. However in game it only showed 16.3 after I selected the captains 20% gun range skill. So after contacting WGing support I was told the max range is only 16.3 so I lost the 2+ million credits to buy the Mod and the 25K free XP to unlock it. They said they can not reimburse me for that. Please correct this wrong information that is presently in the game

IMG-2094-1.jpg

IMG-2095.jpg

IMG-2096.jpg

IMG-2097.jpg

Just to let you know you don't have to take real pics of the screen, just hit the print screen key and then they are stored here. C:\Games\World_of_Warships\screenshot

[ARC]
Members
1,072 posts
11,483 battles
2 hours ago, ThinBluLine said:

IMG-2094-1.jpg

IMG-2095.jpg

IMG-2096.jpg

IMG-2097.jpg

Historically, the 127 mm/38 guns had a maximum range of 16.4 km. That is reflected in-game and it is mentioned in the wiki. I don't know if there are other cases, because this is the only one discovered so far.

[WFSDL]
Members
47 posts
9,736 battles

Because physics doesn't allow for it. The max range your shells can fly is determined by initial shell velocity, shell drag, gun elevation, etc. When you take a skill/upgrade/module/spotter plane that increases your range what you're doing is increasing your maximum gun elevation. There comes a point where the maximum firing range is reached, and no matter how much you elevate your guns you won't get any more range.

Just swap out the range mod for reload, or take off AFT. There are currently free demounts/commander resets, so you're not wasting any credits anyway. Plus, you really don't want 18 km range, considering your flight times at 16 km are already over 25 seconds...

[X-PN]
Members
1,592 posts
12,196 battles
On 2/6/2021 at 11:49 AM, hanesco said:

Historically, the 127 mm/38 guns had a maximum range of 16.4 km. That is reflected in-game and it is mentioned in the wiki. I don't know if there are other cases, because this is the only one discovered so far.

Tell that to WG... Flint is only 11.1. 

Also, USN was only navy to operationally use skip bombing against moving ships... but in game it appears the Germans will be ones using it...  so much for being historical.

[WHARF]
Members
341 posts
18,876 battles
53 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Also, USN was only navy to operationally use skip bombing against moving ships... but in game it appears the Germans will be ones using it...  so much for being historical.

dude...nothing historical about this game..just how the ships look...thats all

[ARC]
Members
1,072 posts
11,483 battles
1 hour ago, YouSatInGum said:

Maximum range in-game can be fiddled however WG feels like it. But you can't raise the range of the 127mm/38 guns further than 16.4km, which was their historical maximum gun range. That is something which should not be different than other guns, but almost all of those have further range than the maximum achievable by buffs. The maximum range achievable in-game by Fletcher is 18.07km, but it is hard-capped at 16.4km (which is OP's question)

For example, the 114mm guns of Jutland and Daring had a 18.9km maximum gun range historically, and the maximum range achievable in-game by Daring is 17.79km. All other DDs are the same as Daring (their in-game max range with buffs is less than their gun's historical max range). The only exception is Fletcher as far as we know.

PD. Just in case, decided to check Smolensk's guns (the turret is fictional, the guns are not). The maximum gun range of those guns in-game was 19.8 km, but in real life those guns had a maximum range of 27,5 km

Edited by hanesco

Sign in to follow this