You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

steel ships

9 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
[DRNX]
Members
479 posts
12,934 battles

Just realized that with the amount of credits and free xp that I have I can purchase enough tier 8, 9 ships to get me over the 21k steel mark. Just wanted to make sure that the ship I want is still worth getting. Is the Stalingrad still very strong even after FP skill was removed for CA's? Opinions on stalingrad in this meta? TIA

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
97 posts
14,114 battles

The Stali is one of the many Steel ships I want to get pre and post Captain rework. On its hardware and amour alone would have been a battle ready ship to get! However, I do not think you can get obtain one with credits and fxp no matter how much you got!

Edited by Alevon

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,116 posts
11,889 battles

I haven’t played Balansgrad since the rework, but I’ve burned several of them and Alaska’s that are bow  tanking. Just my opinion, but I think stali is still a good ship and worth having. But what used to be almost a staple of game play to bow tank is now more situational at best. If you bow tank at the wrong place and time you will burn, big time. Need to keep her moving and looking for broadsides to wreck, which with the heavy AP skill she is still outstanding at

• Cool 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,116 posts
11,889 battles
9 minutes ago, Alevon said:

The Stali is one of the many Steel ships I want to get pre and post Captain rework. On its hardware and amour alone would have been a battle ready ship to get! However, I do not think you can get obtain one with credits and fxp no matter how much you got!

I think he means use free xp to get to other t8/9 ships and then the snowflake bonus but I wondered the same as yiu

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,832 posts
7,025 battles

I don't think you should spend FXP and credits for Stalingrad. If it's that close, a couple of weeks in Bronze Ranked could help you get the needed Steel. In addition skills are still subject  to change. What works amazingly well in 0.10.0 might not work for 0.10.1. Besides the ship doesn't have the status of Somers, slated to be removed, so there's no real rush.

As for how it handles in the new environment, here's a video of Flamu on the subject posted a week ago. Seems like you can still get good results though you need to be more cautious until you find an opening. Hope it helps.

Members
400 posts
26 battles

Literally got and played my first game in my shiny Stalingrad today (as I got enough steel from the Hizen Dockyard). I was a *little* hesitant given the Captain rework but... what the hell.

Whilst jumping to conclusions from literally one match is perhaps unwise, it's still felt very capable and I got a solid result. 2nd place in team, 2.5M potential damage. Although it was also a tier 8-10 game which miraculously had no Thunderers on either side....

I imagine it *was* even stronger with access to Fire Prevention and Basics of Survivability but those guns really do slap.

(Also it might have helped even more if I remembered to slap some signals on first...) 
1322086420_Stalingradfirstgame142K1Kill.thumb.jpg.dea5d53c1e50fd2434eef56e1b9c52ff.jpg

• Cool 2

[CK5]
Members
1,526 posts
16,305 battles

The inability to get Fire Prevention on cruisers gave me some pause so I decided to spend my steel on Bourgogne instead.  I don't regret the decision.  I think Stalingrad is still a strong ship, but as players figure out it can be burned easily it will become less of a "must have" ship.  

• Cool 1

[CRUEL]
Members
529 posts
9,436 battles
56 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The inability to get Fire Prevention on cruisers gave me some pause so I decided to spend my steel on Bourgogne instead.  I don't regret the decision.  I think Stalingrad is still a strong ship, but as players figure out it can be burned easily it will become less of a "must have" ship.  

Bourg is a beast in ranked.

• Sad 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,879 posts
14,912 battles
2 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Just realized that with the amount of credits and free xp that I have I can purchase enough tier 8, 9 ships to get me over the 21k steel mark. Just wanted to make sure that the ship I want is still worth getting. Is the Stalingrad still very strong even after FP skill was removed for CA's? Opinions on stalingrad in this meta? TIA

I think Stalingrad is still a strong ship. I question the worth of burning large amounts of FXP to get the ship. Now, two tears ago I did this very thing to get Stalingrad, but circumstances then made it worth it, but now, the circumstances are different.

I was actually getting ready to post about it shortly. If interested, look for a “What Price Glory” thread in about an hour.

• Cool 1