You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Swervenkill

Trying to Buy Flint

18 comments in this topic

[CUDA]
Members
286 posts
8,014 battles

I have 105,000 coal, 2000 steel and a 25% coupon, but there's no option to convert the steel to coal?

Members
978 posts
4,702 battles

Just click the “buy” button, it will offer the option to convert the coal.

But unless just must have it now, I recommend keeping the steel... to my knowledge Flint isn’t going anywhere soon.

Edited by CO_Valle

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

When you try to buy the ship, if you don't have enough coal it will display how much steel will be converted to make up the extra.

[O_O]
Members
6,966 posts
16,964 battles

As said above, but my recommendation...please don't do this. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
671 posts
14,271 battles

It will show how much steel you need if you have enough steel to convert to make the purchase above the buy button. It converts it automatically when you click buy.

[WOLFA]
Members
853 posts
7,649 battles

IMHO I wouldn't buy the Flint the range nerf ruined this ship. Save your resources and buy something else.

Just my 2 cents.

• Cool 2

[GRETA]
Members
1,378 posts
10,609 battles

As everyone else has pointed out already, until WG buffs her range don't waste the coal.  That is unless you are a collector.  11km base range makes her useless in the current meta.

[SGSS]
Members
5,734 posts
4 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

I have 105,000 coal, 2000 steel and a 25% coupon, but there's no option to convert the steel to coal?

Why do you want flint?  I was my steel given back.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,265 posts
12,206 battles

I spent steel on that ship and a month later it was gone only to come back for coal . I don’t ever play that ship and it’s really the only time I did something I wish I could do over . I could really use that I think 13k steel back . Save your steel !

• Thanks 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,536 posts
22,291 battles
5 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Why do you want flint?  I was my steel given back.

THIS

Used to be fun, but 11.1 km range makes it a bad DD.

Only good for scenarios now, if so.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
18 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

THIS

Used to be fun, but 11.1 km range makes it a bad DD.

Only good for scenarios now, if so.

scenariO!

besides narai what else is there?

• Cool 2

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,536 posts
22,291 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

scenariO!

besides narai what else is there?

nothing

[WKY03]
Members
19 posts
17 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

17 hours ago, DocWalker said:

When you try to buy the ship, if you don't have enough coal it will display how much steel will be converted to make up the extra.

I am not getting the conversion option either on the main page.  It just shows that I am short a certain amount of coal and doesn't give me a buy option.  It also shows that I have a coupon. If I click on the coupon, then it shows that I can convert steel to coal and the buy button appears.  My total of steel and coal is just short of what I would need to get the ship without a coupon so I assume that is why there is no conversion or buy option on the main page and it only shows up when I click on the coupon. I will probably be very close to getting the Thunderer and was considering converting a few hundred steel to get it if I end up a little short. 

Edited by BobEnweave

[X-PN]
Members
1,578 posts
12,155 battles

DO NOT BUY FLINT.

Unfortunately, WG does not respond to what their customers tell them... only to action.

If we do not buy or play the ship, they might, restore it's range.... which I might add is significantly less than the base range of Farragut that is one tier lower firing the exact same guns.

It is ridiculous, many players have sent messages saying so, many CC's have stated in streams and videos saying so, and WG still sticks to their story that smoke makes it all OK.

Flint used to be a super fun ship, but it is yet another casualty of the skill abomination.

BTW - if you have enough steel to make up the difference, it will say in print after you hit buy, the amount of steel being converted, and you are given the option to confirm after that.  If you do not have enough steel to make up the difference, you won't get the note and it will just tell you how much more coal you need to be able to purchase.

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
1 hour ago, BobEnweave said:

I am not getting the conversion option either on the main page.  It just shows that I am short a certain amount of coal and doesn't give me a buy option.  It also shows that I have a coupon. If I click on the coupon, then it shows that I can convert steel to coal and the buy button appears.  My total of steel and coal is just short of what I would need to get the ship without a coupon so I assume that is why there is no conversion or buy option on the main page and it only shows up when I click on the coupon. I will probably be very close to getting the Thunderer and was considering converting a few hundred steel to get it if I end up a little short. 

If you click on a coal ship (in the Ship Menu of the Armory) don't have enough coal, but do have enough steel to convert to coal to complete the purchase ... you should see a screen similar to the last one below.  You don't have to click the Orange Purchase button to see it, just the picture of the ship.

nn.jpg.3da11dbe411cec243eb73c0c5bb7b6df.jpg

N.jpg.163f30e15866e96f007779f4657d724e.jpg

edit: I'm holding my mouse over the little plus sign next to steel to get that conversion message.

steel2coal.thumb.jpg.f78b93c1476b417a493402958350c32f.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

[CUDA]
Members
286 posts
8,014 battles

Not going to go into my reasoning for buying Flint, but it worked this time, so now I have Flint plus 10 steel and 2 coal. Thanks guys for the positive ions!

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

I would recommend against buying Flint -- it was already too much Coal before the skill rebork ran it aground.

[PVE]
Members
1,482 posts
42,221 battles
20 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

After the nerf the Flint is only worth 68k coal.